PDA

View Full Version : No Basketball?

JettJenkins04
05-19-2005, 11:26 PM
What do you think about this situation, well that will be the case if the owner's and the commissioner's can't come to an agreement. They want an age limit of twenty-one on entering the NBA draft and no contract to be made longer than five years. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but for now those are the main two.

Gobbla2001
05-19-2005, 11:32 PM
I wish every player would go through atleast 3 years of college ball before entering the NBA, I think that'd be great... Most jobs that fork over this much money require job 'experience'... I do not think high school ball gives 'that much' experience...

However, I feel if the kid has got it, he needs a shot...

5 year contracts? I dunno about that one...

District303aPastPlayer
05-19-2005, 11:36 PM
i have heard that it was a 20 year old age limit. but if you think about it... think about carmello vs lebron for a year in college... who knows where bron would have gone, but im just sayin...

mwynn05
05-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Maybe they can do it like baseball does.

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2005, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Maybe they can do it like baseball does.

Great idea!

chugbug
05-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Jett, Basketball is what we do when we do not have football.:eek: :eek: :o :D :D :D

pirate4state
05-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
What do you think about this situation, well that will be the case if the owner's and the commissioner's can't come to an agreement. They want an age limit of twenty-one on entering the NBA draft and no contract to be made longer than five years. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but for now those are the main two. No basketball...works for me! :D