PDA

View Full Version : I'd fire him too.

pirate44
05-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Colorado man says Budweiser distributor fired him for drinking Coors

DENVER — Ross Hopkins still likes to drink Bud, even though he says a brief tryst with a Coors beer cost him his job at a Budweiser distributor.

Hopkins, 41, is suing American Eagle Distributing Co., saying the company wrongly fired him for drinking Coors in a bar two years ago.

"They flat-out told me 'We're putting food on your table so you could put it on theirs?'" he said Tuesday. "I thought I could drink it, no problem."

Hopkins' lawsuit, filed in a Greeley court, seeks unspecified damages for lost wages and benefits. No trial date has been set.

Jeff Bedingfield, an attorney for the distributor, declined to comment, saying: "American Eagle prefers not to try this case in the media."

Colorado law says workers cannot be fired for a legal activity while off duty and away from work. There are exceptions, such as when a worker's actions relate to an occupational requirement or create a conflict of interest.

In a court filing, American Eagle said Hopkins' termination "was necessary to avoid a conflict of interest with his responsibilities to American Eagle and/or the appearance of such a conflict of interest."

Hopkins, who was a warehouse supervisor for the distributor, said he was not wearing a uniform or representing American Eagle when he was at the bar in May 2003 with some co-workers. He said he had ordered a Budweiser but a waitress brought Coors. He decided to drink it because he didn't want to wait.

The son-in-law of the distributor's majority shareholder also was at the bar, and offered twice to buy him a Budweiser, but Hopkins turned it down both times.

He was fired the following Monday.

spiveyrat
05-19-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm thinking Coors could really capitalize on this with a series of commercials with Hopkins in them. Probably could be some of the best beer commercials ever! :D

ILS1
05-19-2005, 08:50 AM
I'd fire him too!!! Not because he drank a different beer than the one he ships but because it WAS a COORS!!! That Colorado Kool-Aid. It's like drinking water. Now,I would've shot him if he would of drank Miller Lite!!! It has a NASTY aftertaste!!! LESS TASTE!!!

:p :eek: :p

venomous tat2
05-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Coors over the King somebody get a ROPE .......LOL

Ranger Mom
05-19-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't like beer...but if I was forced to pick one over the other...it would be coors light over bud ANY DAY!! BLYEK

pirate44
05-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't like beer...but if I was forced to pick one over the other...it would be coors light over bud ANY DAY!! BLYEK
i bet youre a Colt 45 kinda gal

http://beer.trash.net/img/beers/1332.jpg

PurpleFreddy
05-19-2005, 09:53 AM
I agree. They don't call it "Bust-Head Red" for nothing.

big daddy russ
05-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
I'd fire him too!!! Not because he drank a different beer than the one he ships but because it WAS a COORS!!! That Colorado Kool-Aid. It's like drinking water. Now,I would've shot him if he would of drank Miller Lite!!! It has a NASTY aftertaste!!! LESS TASTE!!!
I'm not much on light beers in the first place, but I'd take a Miller over a Bud Light or a Coors Light any day of the week. :eek: After going from my regular diet of Lone Star and Shiner, the other two just taste like pee pee water.

sinton66
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Budweiser is so full of it. They can't even make up their own minds, let alone convince anyone else. They started the "Born On" dating ads not too long ago claiming the fresher the beer, the better. This is the same company that advertized in the 60's and 70's that Beechwood Aging made the best beer. Okay, King, which is it? Were you lying then or are you lying now?:D

Drink Lone Star, it's the national beer of Texas.;)

big daddy russ
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Drink Lone Star, it's the national beer of Texas.;)
Twist my arm... okie dokie.

mikecheck
05-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Ice cold Lone Star longnecks rule!

GOFOR2
05-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Lonestar is about as bad as the Beast and Miller Lite.
Bud Select baby!!

scrub c
05-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
. . .the other two just taste like pee pee water.

Oooouu! you drink pee pee water ?

lol couldn't resist

mustang04
05-19-2005, 02:32 PM
what wrong w/ all of you....BEER is BLEH:doh: .... Jim Beam does it for me:) , but yall dont know that

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
what wrong w/ all of you....BEER is BLEH:doh: .... Jim Beam does it for me:) , but yall dont know that

That's what I heard, although I'm thinking it did it a little too well for you. :p

mustang04
05-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's what I heard, although I'm thinking it did it a little too well for you. :p

what all did u hear????? haha

injuredinmelee
05-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

:p :eek: :p

when drinking bud I imagine that is what it taste like when licking a skunks @$$

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
when drinking bud I imagine that is what it taste like when licking a skunks @$$ ever tried budweiser select? that stuff made its way into my top 3 beers behind guiness and corona

slpybear the bullfan
05-19-2005, 10:21 PM
SHINER BLONDE
SHINER LIGHT
SHINER BOCK.

oh... and FREE BEER!

robbo93
05-20-2005, 06:22 AM
bud light
lonestar light
shiner blonde (very cold a must)

pirate44
05-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

oh... and FREE BEER!
best choice ive seen on this thread:thumbsup:

spiveyrat
05-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

oh... and FREE BEER!

Or free COLD beer. :D

scrub c
05-20-2005, 07:42 AM
BUD LIGHT
real american hero

bud light presents real american heroes
(real american heroes)
today we salute you, mr. foot long hot dog inventor
(mr. foot long hot dog inventor)
when conventional wisdom said no one could make a hot dog longer than six inches, you dared to dream
(dared to dream)
you knew the limitations of a regular sized hot dog bun, and you ignored them
(can't stop me now)
you made a ten inch weiner, and people cheered
(oh!)
but you weren't satisfied. you said, "wait, i think i can still give you two more inches."
(gotta want it)
and so the foot long was born. so crack open an ice cold bud light mr. hot dog hero, because you gave every one of us our fondest wish: a bigger weiner.
(thank you thank you thank you!)

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
what all did u hear????? haha

It's a secret! :D