PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Bounce Back?

LG_DB
09-01-2002, 08:58 PM
La Grange plays Gonzales this week who barley lost to Elgin last friday how do you think they'll do this friday???

eye of the tiger
09-01-2002, 09:05 PM
LaGrange will be back. Way too early to write off this season because of one loss.

Pudlugger
09-02-2002, 08:52 AM
Yes they most certainly will when they do a few things different:
OFFENSE
1. Control the line of scrimmage.
It may be necessary to make a couple of personnel changes here to spark some aggressiveness in an otherwise lethargic line. There was plenty of strength and adrenaline wasted on the sidelines during that game with guys who could have contributed and wanted to. In my estimation this line needs leadership. Last year we had a couple of great leaders on the line. Who is going to step up to the plate here?
2. Stop holding. Penalties, mostly holding calls killed several of our drives. Knocking someone down instead of holding him is better, its legal and looks great on the films.
3. Downfield blocking. Where was it? Find someone to hit early, track him and hit him. Start with the middle linebackers.
4.Game plan. Stick to it even if we get down by 2 tds early on.
5. Mental mistakes. Get the plays called and off in time when on the 2 yard line. Call timeout if necessary.
DEFENSE
1. The DEs and CBs need to turn in the runners going wide. To often they got sucked to the inside allowing Harrison to turn the corner. Move up and take the blockers out. Push one into the runner. This also looks great on film.
2. The DT and MLbs need to stay home for the traps and mis-direction stuff up the middle.
3.Leadership. If Josh Johnson can't play then it is incumbant on someone else to step up and lead. We have several great candidates here so who wants the job?

These are all issues that can and will be resolved. This is a talented group of kids with an excellent coaching staff. I know they were working early Saturday morning and through the holiday weekend on these issues and more and will have the Leps ready by Friday for Gonzales. Good luck and GO LEPS!!!

bd62
09-02-2002, 10:31 AM
lagrange will bounce back.when you have hard working kids and excellent coaching it works out. when you lose 26 seniors thats a big lost and it takes time to fill them. before the game i thought 20-14 take your pick.if we play again(and that would be great) i would say the same thing. it just depends on who nite it is.friday nite was ours.
we are setting boone out this week due to his getting knocked out friday nite. backup normally w.r. and safety. have to find a punter for edna game.
gonzales main weapon has same name. new coach has moved everyone around so they are learning new assignments. the new q.b. is a big boy. i know him from baseball. they will be tough after a few game with new system.

sinton66
09-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Said it before, no self-respecting diehard Texas high school football fan would EVER count La Grange out after just one game. They'd have to be NUTZ!

eye of the tiger
09-02-2002, 11:13 AM
I agree nutZ with a capital Z.