PDA

View Full Version : I have lost my burrito!!

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 08:43 AM
I came into the office with a bacon egg and cheese burrito this morning ("taco" for you weird people...lol).

I CANNOT find it. The phone was ringing when I got in, it was my boss. He had me grab a folder, fax something to him and read him the morning report.

Now, I can't figure out where I sat the darn thing down...I have looked EVERYWHERE I was!!:(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Maybe you ate it?

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 08:45 AM
I may be getting up there in years...but I'm not THAT darn old.

I would remember if I had eaten it...and my tummy wouldn't be growling now!

Rockdale Tiger
05-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I came into the office with a bacon egg and cheese burrito this morning ("taco" for you weird people...lol). You're wierd for calling it a burrito, it's a taco!!!! :D:eek:

lepfan
05-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Maybe the reason your boss had you grab a file was to divert your attention from the burrito. We called them breakfast burritos too.

onfirebball05mustang
breakfast burritto/taco/thingie! lol Mom I'm proud of ya! Just remember, it'll either be in the last place you look, or someone already confiscated it to test it for unhealthy materials...and ate it. :D

Rockdale Tiger
Burrito's are rolled up and tacos are folded over breakfast tacos are folded over.... ;)

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
You're wierd for calling it a burrito, it's a taco!!!! :D:eek:

I had never heard it called a taco until YaYa said it one day in the chat.....then lo and behold, I went to Sam's a couple of weeks ago and found of box of sausage egg and cheese tacos!

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 08:49 AM
I hope it doesn't end up with same demise as the last burrito you lost. :eek: :doh:

Yep....it's a burrito. :D

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Maybe the reason your boss had you grab a file was to divert your attention from the burrito. We called them breakfast burritos too.

He's quicker than I gave him credit for then. He's in New Mexico right now!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
You are getting up there and years, and maybe you did eat it and it just wasn't filling enough, so you're using the idea that you lost it as an excuse to have another. :D

spiveyrat
05-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I hope it doesn't end up with same demise as the last burrito you lost. :eek: :doh:

That was my first thought. You'll probably be able to locate it in a week or two. ;)

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 08:51 AM
LOL!!!!

MYSTERY SOLVED!

My cellphone just rang and when I went to answer it, there was my missing burrito/taco in my PURSE!

I don't give my ex a lot of credit, but I had to thank him for calling me when he did....I was getting grumpy!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-18-2005, 08:53 AM
All this talk about food is making me hungry....

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Burrito's are rolled up and tacos are folded over breakfast tacos are folded over.... ;)

LOL! Not in my house. When I make them, I generally use the HEB "burrito-size" tortillas, at least for hubby & the kids. Hence, they're breakfast burritos. :)

44INAROW
05-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
All this talk about food is making me hungry....

me too.. think I'll order a bacon, egg, bean and cheese TAQUITO :wave: :wave: :wave:

pirate4state
05-18-2005, 09:03 AM
I came into the office with a bacon egg and cheese burrito this morning ("taco" for you weird people...lol).

The whole "burrito" / "taco" debate will never be agreed upon. Here in S. Texas anything that is in a tortilla whether it be rolled up or folded over is a taco or taquito. Up North you guys call them burritos. :rolleyes:

Whatever you call them they are GOOD!!! Now, I'm hungry for potato, egg & bacon. :doh:

onfirebball05mustang
05-18-2005, 09:11 AM
potato bacon and cheese here!

Upon further examination of the title of the thread in which this statement is posted, I believe Ranger Mom is stating this in both that literal and figurative meaning. She may have lost the physical thing, the burrito, but the figurative meaning we all need to take to heart.

Ranger Mom has lost HER BURRITO...hence she has lost her mind. Ranger Mom, group therapy will be administered promptly this evening in chat, please, every one of you, make an effort to attend so that we can support Ranger Mom in the acceptance of her problem.

Thank you.

District303aPastPlayer
05-18-2005, 09:16 AM
i want a super roll...

Bandera YaYa
05-18-2005, 09:19 AM
It is true....a taco has the tortilla folded over and a burrito is rolled, with ends tucked under......but go figure....."northerners"........ :p :p :D

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 09:32 AM
But that's what I lost, found and ate YaYa.

Bacon egg and cheese in a tortilla that was tucked under at one end and rolled up like a little papoose!!

Burrito or Taco??

District303aPastPlayer
05-18-2005, 09:41 AM
i dont know.... if both ends are folded, its a burrito, if one is folded... its a taco...
and Papoose is a rappers name, lol

sinton66
05-18-2005, 09:43 AM
But that's what I lost, found and ate YaYa.

Bacon egg and cheese in a tortilla that was tucked under at one end and rolled up like a little papoose!!

Burrito or Taco??

We all know that Whataburger is the definitive authority on food, and they call those "Taquitos". How can there be any discussion or dissent?;)

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 09:57 AM
After much research (at least 3 minutes) I have come to the conclusion that I did, in fact, eat a breakfast burrito!!

Burrito - A flour tortilla wrapped around a filling

Taco- a tortilla rolled cupped around a filling

Taquito - In South Texas the breakfast taco is generally referred to as a taquito (literally, "little taco"), but this usage is not widespread.

mikecheck
05-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Oh believe me it is widespread down here and getting wider.

Cameronbystander
05-18-2005, 10:23 AM
I think several of you ladies may be like my wife. The other day we were driving in front of the middle school and she asked me if that was a duck in the school yard. When we got closer, it turned out to be a white PVC pipe with a piece of rebar sticking up beside it.

I told her that her eyes, hearing and other parts of her body were going bad. She immediately pulled down the visor and said that there was nothing wrong with her hair. When I told her that I said hearing not hair, she started laughing so hard I had to rush her home to the bathroom.

sinton66
05-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Ok, if you're GOING to get technical, RM, the definition of "taquito" is a cross between a burrito and a taco. Most "burritos" have beans in them. Tacos and taquitos do not unless you order them that way. Trust me on this, Whataburger has never steered me wrong.:D

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ok, if you're GOING to get technical, RM, the definition of "taquito" is a cross between a burrito and a taco. Most "burritos" have beans in them. Tacos and taquitos do not unless you order them that way. Trust me on this, Whataburger has never steered me wrong.:D

I bow to your wisdom 66!

The only thing I ever eat at Whataburger is a "breakfast on a bun"...more commonly known as a "BOB"!
:D

44INAROW
05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander

I told her that her eyes, hearing and other parts of her body were going bad. She immediately pulled down the visor and said that there was nothing wrong with her hair. When I told her that I said hearing not hair, she started laughing so hard I had to rush her home to the bathroom.

OMG that is too funny and I do relate.. by the way.. my husband is now buying "cheater glasses" in the 4 pack at SAMS CLUB for $19.95 - he has a pair in every room plus all the vehicles.... :inlove:

44INAROW
05-18-2005, 11:07 AM
I bow to your wisdom 66!

The only thing I ever eat at Whataburger is a "breakfast on a bun"...more commonly known as a "BOB"!

that's what I like there.. are you a "bacon" BOB person or a "sausage" BOB person? myself, I like the sausage :D

District303aPastPlayer
05-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's what I like there.. are you a "bacon" BOB person or a "sausage" BOB person? myself, I like the sausage :D

this one is set up so greatly, im going to leave it alone. but i prefer the original bob as opposed to the bacon bob.

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 11:33 AM

Sausage all the way!! (I guess that makes me a sausage bobber?)

The only reason I had a bacon "butaqurritco" (combo of taquito, burrito, taco) is because there wasn't any sausage!:D:p

District303aPastPlayer
05-18-2005, 11:38 AM

where is jason when we need him. . .

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
where is jason when we need him. . .

LOL! If he's smart, he won't go there. :D

jason
05-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Sausage all the way!! (I guess that makes me a sausage bobber?) ROFLMAO...i just spit fruit loops on my computer screen LOL LOL LOL

Cameronbystander
05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I could not be a BOB.

On his 75th birthday, BB King's wife could not decide what to get the man who has everything so she had his initials put on her rear as a tribute to him. That evening when he got home he asked about his present. She immediately dropped her pants and bent over. Much to her suprise all he could say was "Who the He_ _ is BOB?"

Bandera YaYa
05-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by jason
ROFLMAO...i just spit fruit loops on my computer screen LOL LOL LOL Dang......and we thought we were gonna be spared his response to this one.......Fruit Loops???????????? :p :crazy: :crazy:

44INAROW
05-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
this one is set up so greatly, im going to leave it alone. but i prefer the original bob as opposed to the bacon bob.

I am ROFLMAO - I feel like those people on PUNKED lol :)

it is set up perfectly lol (and totally by accident I might add) I admire your ablility to leave it alone :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
05-18-2005, 12:38 PM
We all know that Whataburger is the definitive authority on food, and they call those "Taquitos". How can there be any discussion or dissent?;)

I think Dairy Queen calls them that too. Just thought I'd add to the chaos. ;)

spiveyrat
05-18-2005, 12:42 PM

Dat der's funny... I don't care who you are!!! http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/roflmao.gif

pirate44
05-18-2005, 12:44 PM
then whats a chimichanga??:confused:

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Who would have ever "thunk" that losing your burrito could be so much fun!:eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate44

Same as a burrito, but generally fried.

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I just had a scary thought!:eek:

Does the fact that I am eating vienna sausage for lunch say something about me?:confused:

44INAROW

Is it made with chicken? Or is that a Flauta?

pirate44
Same as a burrito, but generally fried.
then why do Sonic burritos come fried??

44INAROW
05-18-2005, 12:48 PM

Does the fact that I am eating vienna sausage for lunch say something about me?:confused:

LOL oh my mind is going 100 mph on this one :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

pirate44
05-18-2005, 12:48 PM
a story my brother told me. him and a friend went to a mexican restaurant. being very hungry they asked the waitress "whats the biggest thing on the menu". she replied "the chimichanga"

so i always assumed it had to do with the size.

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 12:49 PM
then why do Sonic burritos come fried??

So do Allsups burritos which are great! Maybe the difference is also having a "topping". And yeah, I know, you can get chili & cheese on it at Sonic. :rolleyes: :thinking:

pirate44

it says you enjoy eating chicken lips and cow hiney

spiveyrat

I'll bet your husband REALLY loves you! :D

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 12:51 PM

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/yuck.gif I'll ignore that next time # 55 wants a can from the store.

pirate44
05-18-2005, 12:52 PM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/yuck.gif I'll ignore that next time # 55 wants a can from the store.
theyre a strange folk in Vienna.:crazy: :D

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 12:53 PM

LOL! I've always been told I had a strange appetite!

pirate44
05-18-2005, 12:59 PM
have yall ever read the ingredients to "potted meat" ? ahh that good ol aroma!!

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 01:02 PM
I just read the ingredients on the vienna sausage can!

Mechanically separated chicken, chicken broth, water, beef, pork, salt, sugar, spices, sodium erythorbate, flavorings, sodium nitrate and garlic powder.

But what REALLY got my attention was the calories.

Serving size - 3 links
Servings per can - 2.5

Calories per can - 325

I could have had a freaking candy bar instead!!

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 01:03 PM
have yall ever read the ingredients to "potted meat" ? ahh that good ol aroma!!

That & bologna....I refuse to read the ingredients since the men folk like the stuff.

pirate4state
05-18-2005, 01:22 PM

:eek: ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek:

sinton66
05-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Who would have ever "thunk" that losing your burrito could be so much fun!:eek:

Dang troublemaker!:D

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Dang troublemaker!:D

Who?? ME???:confused: ;) :p

mikecheck
05-18-2005, 01:41 PM

I am on day 3 of the 3 day diet, so for lunch I had a slice of toast and a boiled egg. Yum Yum

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 01:43 PM
3 day diet??

Can I lose the 20 lbs I would like to lose on it??

mikecheck
05-18-2005, 01:48 PM
3 day diet??

Can I lose the 20 lbs I would like to lose on it??

Yup. You lose 10 pounds in 3 days, eat what you want the next 4 days then back on the 3 day diet and so on. The eat what you want seems like you are gonna stuff yourself but you really won't be that hungry, honestly. Do a search on it. I am living proof it does work. I was skeptical at first, but since it has a 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream every night, I said why not. Besides it was a bet with my wife and guess what, she wins again.

pirate4state
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck
Yup. You lose 10 pounds in 3 days, eat what you want the next 4 days then back on the 3 day diet and so on. The eat what you want seems like you are gonna stuff yourself but you really won't be that hungry, honestly. Do a search on it. I am living proof it does work. I was skeptical at first, but since it has a 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream every night, I said why not. Besides it was a bet with my wife and guess what, she wins again. Check this out (http://www.faddiet.com/3daydiet.html) ! :eek: Seems they don't like your 3 day diet. :thinking:

mikecheck
05-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Check this out (http://www.faddiet.com/3daydiet.html) ! :eek: Seems they don't like your 3 day diet. :thinking:

I read that but I guess its up to the individual, like I said it worked for me. No crazy foods, it's all about calorie intake, basically what you do is kinda starve yourself for three days by not having those honeybuns, candy, coke, white powdered donuts, double meat with cheese and bacon and so on. I needed something in writing so I could follow to make me do it.

pirate4state
05-18-2005, 02:34 PM
I read that but I guess its up to the individual, like I said it worked for me. No crazy foods, it's all about calorie intake, basically what you do is kinda starve yourself for three days by not having those honeybuns, candy, coke, white powdered donuts, double meat with cheese and bacon and so on. I needed something in writing so I could follow to make me do it. You're right, to each his/her own. :) Good Luck!

Old Green
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Who would have ever "thunk" that losing your burrito could be so much fun!:eek: All I can say is, yhat you must have a suitcase for a purse to lose your taquito in it.:rolleyes:

sinton66
05-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
All I can say is, yhat you must have a suitcase for a purse to lose your taquito in it.:rolleyes:

Gives a whole new meaning to "Alligator Handbag". :)

Old Green
05-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to "Alligator Handbag". :) Yep !:clap: :D

pirate44
05-18-2005, 02:46 PM
I just read the ingredients on the vienna sausage can!

Mechanically separated chicken, chicken broth, water, beef, pork, salt, sugar, spices, sodium erythorbate, flavorings, sodium nitrate and garlic powder.

i wonder how they would describe "mechanically seperated"

Ranger Mom
05-18-2005, 02:48 PM
All I can say is, yhat you must have a suitcase for a purse to lose your taquito in it.:rolleyes:

Good Gosh...just how big ARE the taquito's in Cuero??

My purse is rather small...I didn't LOSE it in my purse, I just forgot that's where I put it when I was frantically trying to unlock the door because I KNEW it was my boss calling!:D

Old Green
05-18-2005, 02:54 PM

My purse is rather small...I didn't LOSE it in my purse, I just forgot that's where I put it when I was frantically trying to unlock the door because I KNEW it was my boss calling!:D At the Pinto Bean over in Victoria, they are 16" long and about 2" in Diameter.
I haven't lost one yet.:D

pirate44
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
At the Pinto Bean over in Victoria, they are 16" long and about 2" in Diameter.
I haven't lost one yet.:D
dang:eek:

AP Panther Fan
05-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I was frantically trying to unlock the door because I KNEW it was my boss calling!:D

running late, huh? :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate4state
05-18-2005, 02:59 PM

My purse is rather small...I didn't LOSE it in my purse, I just forgot that's where I put it when I was frantically trying to unlock the door because I KNEW it was my boss calling!:D So, you were LATE? :D :D :D Boy do I know that feeling. :evillaugh :evillaugh

44INAROW
05-18-2005, 03:05 PM
I am on day 3 of the 3 day diet, so for lunch I had a slice of toast and a boiled egg. Yum Yum

OK I printed out the 3day diet.. think I am going to try this.... then on the 4th day eat all the Tacos, burritos and taquitos I want:D :D

onfirebball05mustang
05-18-2005, 05:40 PM
OK I printed out the 3day diet.. think I am going to try this.... then on the 4th day eat all the Tacos, burritos and taquitos I want:D :D

Hey, my thought exactly! Does the dlow now have a fad diet based on the loss of a burrito? Who knew it could be so inspirational! :D

We're Back
05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
The taquitos at Tejas are about 12" long and 2" in diameter and only $2. That sausage, egg, cheese, and bean is callin my name for tomorrow morning.

ILS1
05-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Ya'll have been eating @ Taco Bell too much!!! They get everything mixed up:

Taco: Tortilla filled with your favorite ingredients with both ends open.

Burrito: Tortilla wrapped around your favorite ingredients,usually with beans but not always,with NO ends open!!!

Gordita: Corn bread pita shell filled with ingredients

Chimichanga: Fried tortilla wrapped around your favorite ingredients,also with no ends open.

Taquito: (taco/chiquito) meaning small taco

:)

District303aPastPlayer
05-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by We're Back
The taquitos at Tejas are about 12" long and 2" in diameter and only $2. That sausage, egg, cheese, and bean is callin my name for tomorrow morning.

hot damn. im off friday if anyone from sinton wants to road trip for breakfast :)

sinton66
05-18-2005, 08:17 PM
LOL, Taco Bell is out of California. What the heck do they know about mexican food?:D

ILS1
05-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah,and owned by a white guy. His last name is Bell. So hence............Taco Bell !!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Rockdale Tiger
05-18-2005, 10:46 PM
The best breakfast TACO is; Bacon, sausage, egg, potato, and cheese...

pirate4state
05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
The best breakfast TACO is; Bacon, sausage, egg, potato, and cheese... mmmm sounds good but I don't like cheese in my tacos unless it is a fajita taco. :) And I'm a little picky about the egg too :rolleyes: :D

Only Ranger Mom's burrito would get 6 pages of replies!!! :eek: :D :D :D

Rockdale Tiger
05-19-2005, 08:09 AM
I just get it because you get a bunch of filling in your TACO and it doesn't take as many to get you full.