PDA

View Full Version : Beware - New AIM Virus Going Around

Holmes_Fans
05-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Beware of the AIM virus going around. If you get an IM from someone you know or don't know saying to look at their pictures don't click it. It goes to an odd link and opens a MS-Dos application, you are infected if you click on it. It will be able to get you AIM password. If you think you might be infected change you AIM password and uncheck the "save password" feature.

44INAROW
05-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Beware of the AIM virus going around. If you get an IM from someone you know or don't know saying to look at their pictures don't click it. It goes to an odd link and opens a MS-Dos application, you are infected if you click on it. It will be able to get you AIM password. If you think you might be infected change you AIM password and uncheck the "save password" feature.

There is also some kind of weird WORM thing going around that looks like a German Email..... I ran virus scan and updated and it said I'm not infected - thanks for the AIM warning.. wonder if it is on MSN Messenger too? Thats what my son chats on

CHS_Grad '85
05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
BUMP

AggieJohn
05-18-2005, 06:58 PM
yeah apprently some fools from TCU created it

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2005, 05:31 AM
Lovely! :mad: :mad: My software detected some kind of virus this morning that hit Java. "Virus successfully quarantined but cannot be cleaned." I guess I'll be calling the IT folks in 3 1/2 hrs when they get to work. :( I'm going to be really ticked if it keeps me from chatting occasionally. :weeping:

44INAROW
05-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Lovely! :mad: :mad: My software detected some kind of virus this morning that hit Java. "Virus successfully quarantined but cannot be cleaned." I guess I'll be calling the IT folks in 3 1/2 hrs when they get to work. :( I'm going to be really ticked if it keeps me from chatting occasionally. :weeping:

I had 132 "undelieverable mail" this morning - GGRRRR :mad:

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I had 132 "undelieverable mail" this morning - GGRRRR :mad:

Oooh, I had that problem earlier in the week....all were "The Whore Lived like a German" and were undeliverable to xxxxxx.baylor.edu addresses.

44INAROW
05-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oooh, I had that problem earlier in the week....all were "The Whore Lived like a German" and were undeliverable to xxxxxx.baylor.edu addresses.

lol "the Whore lived like a German" WOW that is WEIRD lol:eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lol "the Whore lived like a German" WOW that is WEIRD lol:eek:

That's kind of what I thought. I sure wish I had gotten to read the joke instead of all the "undeliverable" addresses. :D

Pmoney
05-19-2005, 05:58 PM
thanks for the warning I am gonna have to look out for that

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2005, 08:58 PM
More weirdness......

# 55 was trying to do homework & all search engines were down periodically. :thinking: :thinking: