PDA

View Full Version : Ready for some Football

44INAROW
05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Cuero had the All Sports Banquet tonight and we watched some really neat power-point presentations and a video of the playoffs and now I am ready for some football :clap: :clap:
GO MEAN GREEN

Gobbla2001
05-16-2005, 10:21 PM
I am ready as well...

Time to get the show on the road...

neck_94
05-17-2005, 07:16 AM
GO GONZALES ! ! !

chugbug
05-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Cuero should have a good one this year. Go Gobblers:eek: :eek: :o :clap: :clap: :clap:

crabman
05-17-2005, 08:34 AM
That was really a cool video compilation of the Gobblers playoff run. A guy from Bastrop, Eric McCollum, started out doing an independent film about Turkeyfest that he was going to try and sell to someone like the Food Channel or someone else. Well somewhere along the way, during shots of the football games, the team started winning and the thrust of the video kind of switched from Turkeyfest to Gobbler Football.
What we saw last night was just football clips and just the playoffs. It was about 30 minutes long. The final version will be about 2 hours long. Very professionally done. A lot of it looked and felt like the NFL films stuff you see on TV. Some slow motion. Some full speed. Locker room shots. Teams coming through the tunnel. Low angle shots. It didn't have that feel of a VCR tape. It looked like a movie.
The best or worst part of the film, depending on where you are from, was the last 5 seconds of the Wylie game. Just as Wylie's kicker was ready to kick the video faded to black and just the audio continued. After that it was sideline shots and speeches and you knew what the ending was.
Really, really, really cool. I just can't explain how neat it is to have a chronology of a season done like this. We will have these memories forever now due the efforts of one guy. He's not getting rich either. He is working somewhere else and doing this in his spare time. He sold the tapes for ten bucks. I can't wait to get mine when the final edit is done.
All of the Gobblers on this board should absolutely have one. Other people might like one just to take a look at what a season like that looks like.

neck_94
05-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Sounds awesome. Hell, I want to see it.

Gobbla2001
05-17-2005, 12:22 PM
So that's who the guy filming the games was? He had an awesome video Camera... the first time I noticed him was at the Sinton game, we thought he was from a Corpus station... then we kept seeing him, but we wouldn't see the video on TV anywhere etc...

Lemme know how to get one of these, I want one reallllllly bad...

Bandera YaYa
05-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by crabman
That was really a cool video compilation of the Gobblers playoff run. A guy from Bastrop, Eric McCollum, started out doing an independent film about Turkeyfest that he was going to try and sell to someone like the Food Channel or someone else. Well somewhere along the way, during shots of the football games, the team started winning and the thrust of the video kind of switched from Turkeyfest to Gobbler Football.
What we saw last night was just football clips and just the playoffs. It was about 30 minutes long. The final version will be about 2 hours long. Very professionally done. A lot of it looked and felt like the NFL films stuff you see on TV. Some slow motion. Some full speed. Locker room shots. Teams coming through the tunnel. Low angle shots. It didn't have that feel of a VCR tape. It looked like a movie.
The best or worst part of the film, depending on where you are from, was the last 5 seconds of the Wylie game. Just as Wylie's kicker was ready to kick the video faded to black and just the audio continued. After that it was sideline shots and speeches and you knew what the ending was.
Really, really, really cool. I just can't explain how neat it is to have a chronology of a season done like this. We will have these memories forever now due the efforts of one guy. He's not getting rich either. He is working somewhere else and doing this in his spare time. He sold the tapes for ten bucks. I can't wait to get mine when the final edit is done.
All of the Gobblers on this board should absolutely have one. Other people might like one just to take a look at what a season like that looks like. I have the same kinda video from our 2002 season.....ending with the State game.....is awesome and so much fun to watch......in fact i just watched ours a few months ago again!!!!

44INAROW
05-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
So that's who the guy filming the games was? He had an awesome video Camera... the first time I noticed him was at the Sinton game, we thought he was from a Corpus station... then we kept seeing him, but we wouldn't see the video on TV anywhere etc...

Lemme know how to get one of these, I want one reallllllly bad...

he even rode the bus with us to the state game. - pretty neat guy :D

Gobbla2001
05-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
he even rode the bus with us to the state game. - pretty neat guy :D

What's he doing next year? We can keep him pretty busy for the next 3 years, atleast ha...

crabman
05-17-2005, 12:57 PM
He is working for a vet in Bastrop. He needs to make a few bucks on this deal so he can quit and pursue this full time. He really is talented.

bmbf_06
05-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Im ready to see how this season is going to go for Wharton!!!
GO TIGERS!!

neck_06
05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
don't forget columbia

GO NECKS!!!!!!!

might not be that long of a ride for cuero if the necks take care of business!!:D

Gobbla2001
05-17-2005, 05:08 PM
All I know is that he didn't look like he was from around here...

I need to work for his vet, that camera he was carrying around was around $2k if I am not mistaken...

It would be awesome to have him back from what I've heard...

And for the other statements I have no comment ha

gobbler grad
05-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero had the All Sports Banquet tonight and we watched some really neat power-point presentations and a video of the playoffs and now I am ready for some football :clap: :clap:
GO MEAN GREEN

I can't believe all the sophmores he announced, man we got a lot of young ones coming up in the ranks... ought to have one hell of a fast team...I can't wait...

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
05-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I can't believe all the sophmores he announced, man we got a lot of young ones coming up in the ranks... ought to have one hell of a fast team...I can't wait...

GO MEAN GREEN DITTO :)

Gobbla2001
05-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I may have to ban myself from the board, I feel like talkin' a little smack...

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I may have to ban myself from the board, I feel like talkin' a little smack...

LOL! I'll talk smack with ya. :D

Gobbla2001
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Bring it lady ha