PDA

View Full Version : HS softball and baseball question

Phil C
05-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know how many players a 3A High School Softball and Baseball Team can carry on it's rooster especially in the playoff? I really don't know if their is a limit or not but was just wondering.

KTJ
05-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I doubt there is a limit. I reffed a playoff basketball game a year ago and the team had 16 kids on the roster. Some of the team had to sit in the stands behind the bench.

AP Panther Fan
05-16-2005, 12:01 PM
I doubt there is a limit as well. If you look at the UIL website (photos of the baseball state championship teams 1A-5A) the rosters appear to be pretty loaded. Some of those teams had 20-25 players.:eek:

GOFOR2
05-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Does anyone know how many players a 3A High School Softball and Baseball Team can carry on it's rooster especially in the playoff? I really don't know if their is a limit or not but was just wondering.

Well i guess the rooster would have to be pretty strong to be able to carry any baseball or softball players.

pirate4state
05-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Well i guess the rooster would have to be pretty strong to be able to carry any baseball or softball players. :D :rolleyes:

Now, I know Phil was out too long in the sun!!! :doh: ;)

18handicap
05-16-2005, 02:18 PM
No limit on number of players. The UIL gives a limit of how many medals it will give out to teams at the state tournament and anything over that the school has to pay for. Also, they should all be on the varsity eligibility list just in case.