PDA

View Full Version : Austin Paper Predicts Lagrange over Giddings!

g-town fan
12-13-2001, 11:38 AM
What is up with this prediction? Cedric Golden of the Austin paper has no clue what he is doing. He is only picking LaGrange because they won the first matchup this year. But that's okay because he has picked Giddings to lose quite a bit this year and what has happened? They have won their last 13. And that is a disrespectful comment under the prediction, "Why not play this one in Warda?" He makes it sound like this game doesn't matter to anyone. Well Cedric, your little prediction streak is going to end this week, Giddings WILL win! I will guarentee it. Go buffs!!! buffs 28-leps 10

zztop
12-13-2001, 11:44 AM
i dont think the statesman meant the phrase 'why not play this one in warda' as an insult. he was just referring to warda b/c its right smack-dab in the middle of LG and Giddings on Hwy 77. i said the same thing already, jokingly of course...
i seriously thought Texas Royal-Memorial Stadium would have been considered (distance wise for both teams and more of a central-type media coverage), but i'm not complaining of my 5 mile trip to the dome.
zz

g-town fan
12-13-2001, 01:54 PM
Yeah, a lot of people said that about UT's field but I heard that they were not letting any high school games be played there b/c they had just re-did it or something. I haven't seen any games listed in the paper to be played there so that must be right that they wont let anyone play there. It might not have been a disrespectful comment, maybe I was wrong, but that is the way I took it. Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow nite, b/c it is gonna be one unforgetable game. Go Buffs!!! Cage the Leps!

Hook 'em
12-13-2001, 02:43 PM
gtown, I'm not saying you're wrong but I haven't heard anything about re-sodding the field or anything like that. I think that most teams just prefer to play indoors or at least on turf this time of season. I for one actually hope you are right. It sure does need something.

footballmom
12-13-2001, 03:21 PM
It's true. Royal Memorial Stadium has not allowed any HS playoff games to be played there. Something about a change in policy with the new renovations.
The Buffs have been underestimated all year & that's the way we like it! Just keep on underestimating us--like Diboll, Rice Cons. & Newton did--we let our talking be done on the field, not in the papers.
GO BUFFS!!!

Hook 'em
12-13-2001, 03:38 PM
footballmom,

I'm interested to know if you know anything more about the "change in policy with the renovations." Like where did you hear about that. Just curious. Thanks.

footballmom
12-13-2001, 03:48 PM
Read it in the Austin American Statesman at some point back & also heard it from our coaches. That's all I know--hope it answers your question!

Hook 'em
12-13-2001, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by footballmom:
Read it in the Austin American Statesman at some point back & also heard it from our coaches. That's all I know--hope it answers your question!

Thanks.

panther69
12-13-2001, 09:57 PM
The statesman is ignorant. They picked Cameron, Diboll, Rice, and Newton to beat the Buffs. Enough said. They are all shooting lay-ups this week. He really should consider a career change. Lep fans it will be a long night for ya'll. The reign is over. The Buffs win state in 2001.

Hook 'em
12-13-2001, 11:10 PM
I am constantly amazed at how many people take those picks as serious as they do. I get the impression, this time of year especially, that whoever is picking those games is probably throwing darts to make the picks. I think he's more interested in making clever, witty, etc. comments underneath the teams.

I guess my point is, WHO CARES!!! It's not like the guy goes through an in depth scouting report on each team before he makes his picks.

oldbuff78
12-14-2001, 08:20 AM
IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT HOOK EM, PICKS TELL YOU STORIES, THINK ABOUT IT.

LG
12-15-2001, 08:33 PM
guess the statesmen was right. Giddings yall thought yall were unbeatable but la grange has done it 2 times in one year, and dont use turnovers as an excuse la grange fumbled at the one and threw an interception. Also seth almost scored that touchdown if his heal wouldnt of been out of bounds. so if u think about it the score should of been more like 35-13.

zztop
12-15-2001, 11:13 PM
good point LG. the turnovers hurt us as well. we also had the ball deep in gidding's territory as the final ticks elapsed.
we had over 250 yards on the ground - it's all about clock management and defense. our defense came up huge, especially on the first series of the game when giddings looked like they were driving. the ball came loose and the leps took it the other way 60 yards down field. there were many key plays in the game. composure was the key.
we are proud of you leps. one more game...one more game. we believe in you guys. bring it home.
zz

[This message has been edited by zztop (edited December 15, 2001).]