PDA

View Full Version : College FOotball Coach ratings

AggieJohn
05-15-2005, 10:29 PM
CHeck this site out....

http://www.coachratings.com/index.html

sahen
05-15-2005, 10:58 PM
how scientific is that?...some coaches only have 5 or 6 people that have voted....

lepfan
05-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by sahen
how scientific is that?...some coaches only have 5 or 6 people that have voted....

I doubt it is very "scientific" . But it will give some a warm fuzzy. :rolleyes:

AggieJohn
05-16-2005, 01:42 AM
i think it's bull, are you going to agree with a study that said that 100% of techs football players thought that mike leach was a great coach, and that he scored higher than mack and fran

LH Panther Mom
05-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i think it's bull, are you going to agree with a study that said that 100% of techs football players thought that mike leach was a great coach, and that he scored higher than mack and fran

Of course! You or I, as fans, have no idea what the players think of the coaches. Mike Leach may be a doofus to me, but I also recognize the man is a good coach. 100% of Tech's players did not say he was a great coach....100% of those who voted said he was well respected...big difference. None of us is on the field with any of the coaches, so I'm inclined to believe that the players have a clue what they're talking about.

In no way am I implying that Leach is a better coach than either Fran or Mack or any other coach for that matter. I'm just trying to be a little logical. You don't hear about "Tech's great recruiting class", yet Leach has been quite successful at Tech & is the only Big XII coach to have a winning record each year since the conference inception. Want to know why you don't hear it? 1) Tech never has been nor ever will be considered a national powerhouse, 2) "big name" recruits want to go to "big name" schools & 3) face it...it's Lubbock and for folks who haven't grown up in the area, there's a lot to be desired. For Leach to have the success he does, he has to get the utmost from every player.

JasperDog94
05-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Interesting. Mack Brown is 3rd with a 9.3 right now.