PDA

View Full Version : Let's compare note on our BASEBALL teams projections for next year...

Old Cardinal
05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Again let's try to see what folks have to share about their HSs baseball team next year. Remember that included the 32 teams that are still in the hunt in 3A for this years bracket play....

Old Cardinal
05-16-2005, 01:25 PM
OK I will kick it off---
BC will have Kevin Angelle and Broc Haymon back next year as Seniors both will major scholarship as Pitchers. Jeff Stringer will be a Junior and is already a solid Pitcher. We will lose a great Catcher in B.J. Myers but have a Freshman this year named Casey Richard that is just phenomenal--the first time he batted in a Varsity game he knocked the first ball over the fence! The key to BCs strength is a JV that plays a really tough schedule and a Sophomore team that can beat most 3A JVs. Each year boys come out and have to be turned back that want to play on one of these three teams. Our JV and backup people take it real serious.
My only hope is that they can get set up like the girls are to play the proported best 5As in Louisiana in preseason warm up. I compliment the BC program-- they ask the best big schools within reasonable driving distance to play them and likewise they will play lower classification team that ask to scrimmage them. Last year they scrimmage Deweyville (2A) and this year, a 1A team Beckville rated in the 1A top 10 somewhere ask to play a scrimmage.... The Beckville coach in the 4th inning laughed and loaded his boys on the bus after BC went ahead by 10 runs. It does not hurt to face some less than premium pitching after you have been hitting the best. It stops you from fouling everything down the right field foul line when you are able to adjust correctly.
All in all they remain competitive next year.

Old Cardinal
05-17-2005, 01:54 PM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2005, 07:55 PM
LH is losing some great players to graduation. I know that we do have a few that will be sophomores & juniors next year that will be willing & able to take over for this year's seniors, along with the seniors for next year. A freshman (this year) was pulled up to varsity very late in the season, and he can pitch. :eek: I always hated it when # 55's little league teams had to play against him. :(

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM

VWG
05-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Decatur will be in the mix again next year for Region I title.
They will have some key players back as they have a majority of underclassmen on their team now.

GWOOD
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Greenwood should improve upon their 3rd place finish in district. This year's team was made up of 3 Seniors, 1 Junior, 5 Sophomores, and 5 Freshmen. We should have 11 returning letterman next year, including our top two pitchers. Many of us are thinking that two years from now, when these Sophomores and Freshmen are Seniors and Juniors, we should make a good run in the playoffs.