PDA

View Full Version : UIL RECLASSIFICATION

OLDREF
10-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Look at the impact Reclassification has had in East Texas. Doormats like Bridge City 3A and West Sabine in 1A become dominante factors when they drop to a lower level. What effect are we going to get if a 4A power like WOS and average 4A Silsbee become 3A like the roumors we are hearing. Watch out 19 and 20 3A.
You wont be talking about Jasper,Newton, Bridge City, Orangefield and Diboll. There will definatly be some hurt feelings on the DOWN LOW. :D :D :D

trojandad
10-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Oh geez @ the comment "Doormat like Bridge City"......I wonder who's gonna respond negatively to that? ROFL eek! eek! eek!

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 02:38 PM
Just remember what happened when Jasper dropped down from 4A after their awesome season in 2001...

I heard the same things... 'Sorry 3A, Jasper's in town..'

Not putting down Jasper, they have some good fans on here... Just letting you know that isn't gunna be a cake-walk for the 'Stangs...

booger1
10-01-2003, 02:56 PM
I don't think it will be a cake-walk for them for they will be wreckin' shop on some boys! If WOS and Silsbee moves down and Jasper and Newton stay, Region III will be bad@$$! And if Burnet and Everman and Forney stay in 3A, then 3A will probably be the most competitive class!

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 02:57 PM
It doesn't matter if Burnet and Everman stay or not... There will be someone to replace them somewhere...

3afan
10-01-2003, 02:58 PM
you just never know - 2 yrs from now burnet, forney, everman, wos & silsbee may all have down years ........ its impossible to project

booger1
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Gobbla2001:
It doesn't matter if Burnet and Everman stay or not... There will be someone to replace them somewhere...True, but it will just make it more fun to watch! wink

booger1
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
3afan:
you just never know - 2 yrs from now burnet, forney, everman, wos & silsbee may all have down years ........ its impossible to projectTrue to that to! But I am just basing this on how they are doing right now.

BH_146
10-01-2003, 03:04 PM
A drop in classification usually means either a loss of student populations or a significant increase by other schools. If there happens to be a loss in student populations, most of the time this translates into fewer players. One could assume that year in and year out, it would be difficult to maintain standards previously set. On the other end, some schools are increasing student populations. Though this may not guarantee a top rated team, it doesh't hurt having several players to fill out the varsity roster. Eventually, I believe the graph balances out on the playing field also. I think Silsbee is a great example of previous 4A power that will struggle to find a way to be part of the top echelon in Class 3A. So some of those hurt feelings could be from teams who thought they would be top dogs only to realize at season's end that they were not a pure pedigree but just another mutt.

BigTex
10-01-2003, 03:36 PM
I am from Bridge City and I do not take offense to the statement about us being a "doormat" only because that is what we were in 4A. When we went from competing week-in and week-out with schools approaching 1800 enrollment to competing with schools running around 500, our record improved. :) Now to be honest, we had a nice timing of super athletes play for us just as we dropped to 3A. Our big difference is not facing a goliath every week. In 20-AAAA we saw WOS, Nederland, PN-G, Lincoln, Vidor, Thomas Jefferson, LC-M which meant a 5-5 season was a minor miracle. Small 3A schools know of which I speak and we can "feel their pain" wink . If WOS and Silsbee drop, so be it. The one's that will probably hurt most from these schools dropping will be the programs like Kirbyville that are beginning to feel their oats in 3A.

JasperDog94
10-01-2003, 04:12 PM
OLDREF:
You wont be talking about Jasper,Newton, Bridge City, Orangefield and Diboll.You'll still hear plenty from Newton and Jasper. Jasper beat Silsbee this year and beat WOS the last time we played them something like 42-7. Don't think that Jasper and Newton will cower in fear just cause WOS and Silsbee might drop down to their district. :cool:

Backwoods
10-01-2003, 04:40 PM
OldRef: Newton will be there as always. We know we're one of the smallest schools in 3A. We're proud of it. That's for the big schools to be embarrased by. The little ones can bunch up and the big ones can line up. We'll be there as long as the Lord let's us grow a good crop of kids in the fresh air and clean water of these beautiful Piney Woods.

Compudyne
10-01-2003, 08:45 PM
OLDREF:
Look at the impact Reclassification has had in East Texas. Doormats like Bridge City 3A and West Sabine in 1A become dominante factors when they drop to a lower level. What effect are we going to get if a 4A power like WOS and average 4A Silsbee become 3A like the roumors we are hearing. Watch out 19 and 20 3A.
You wont be talking about Jasper,Newton, Bridge City, Orangefield and Diboll. There will definatly be some hurt feelings on the DOWN LOW. :D :D :D OLD REF, you just love to make it happen don't you. I don't have the energy tonight to even go into this. I will have to sleep on it.

j_dog
10-04-2003, 08:44 PM
JasperDog94:

OLDREF:
You wont be talking about Jasper,Newton, Bridge City, Orangefield and Diboll.You'll still hear plenty from Newton and Jasper. Jasper beat Silsbee this year and beat WOS the last time we played them something like 42-7. Don't think that Jasper and Newton will cower in fear just cause WOS and Silsbee might drop down to their district. :cool: I will second that. Not only did Jasper physically whip WO-S (WO-S's coaches words) the last time they played, Jasper beat them the FIRST time they ever played. WO-S had just dropped down from 5a and were picked to win state, ranked #1 in 4a. Their first district game was at Orange. Jasper won 21-8. WO-S won more of the games over the years, but Jasper has NEVER run from them. I don't think they will start running scared now. I just hope they are in the same district as they used to be. It will raise the competitive level for both teams, AND they probably wouldn't have to meet in the playoffs!
:D :D :D