Perryton over Snyder 9-3, 5-0
Decatur over Sanger 10-5, 9-2
Iowa Park over Comanche 0-5, 21-9, 10-0

Next Week's Matchups
Abilene Wylie vs. Lubbock Cooper
West vs. FW Castleberry
Presidio vs. Perryton
Decatur vs. Iowa Park

Who will come out of Region 1 to make the trip to Austin?

VWG
05-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Wylie over Canyon 17-6, 6-5 (9)
Lubbock Cooper over Seminole 12-2, 10-0
West over Graham 4-0, 7-6
FW Castleberry over Pilot Point 6-4, 6-1
Presidio over Levelland 4-2, 5-4
Perryton over Snyder 9-3, 5-0
Decatur over Sanger 10-5, 9-2
Iowa Park over Comanche 0-5, 21-9, 10-0

Next Week's Matchups
Abilene Wylie vs. Lubbock Cooper
West vs. FW Castleberry
Presidio vs. Perryton
Decatur vs. Iowa Park

Who will come out of Region 1 to make the trip to Austin?

The favorite has to be Lubbock Cooper. Strong team out there in Lubbock.
Decatur has been my pre-season pick as a surprise team to go to Austin. They were a young playoff team last year and this year they've been on a roll in the playoffs.

GWOOD
05-15-2005, 06:59 PM
VWG, how far did Decatur go in the playoffs last year? Do they have many Seniors?

Lubbock Cooper has been the most consistent team from Region 1 all year. But, Abilene Wylie will be ready to play. A good group of competitive seniors there.

I still am going to go with Perryton to be the representative from Region 1. They have quite a few seniors as well. They stepped it up in the playoffs last year. They only lost 2 players from last years' team that made the trip to Austin. Of course, one of those was the kid who was drafted in the 8th or 9th round.

VWG
05-15-2005, 07:28 PM
VWG, how far did Decatur go in the playoffs last year? Do they have many Seniors?

Lubbock Cooper has been the most consistent team from Region 1 all year. But, Abilene Wylie will be ready to play. A good group of competitive seniors there.

I still am going to go with Perryton to be the representative from Region 1. They have quite a few seniors as well. They stepped it up in the playoffs last year. They only lost 2 players from last years' team that made the trip to Austin. Of course, one of those was the kid who was drafted in the 8th or 9th round.

Last year Decatur had a freshman starting, and I believe he was their catcher. The Eagles have a few seniors on the team and their QB in football, Chandler Dane, is one of them. Decatur lost to Graham last year in the playoffs...... but last year Graham was a Region I finalist. I believe they'll get past Iowa Park.
Cooper is one of those teams that needs to step it up in postseason play. They have consistently had great regular seasons, but come state tournament time they're left back in Lubbock.

CRHSeagle
05-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Decatur has a few other seniors about 4 or 5.

Adidas410s
05-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Wylie doesnt have as strong of a team as in years past, but there is a lot of young talent there. Also, it seems that EVERY year Lubbock Cooper is one of the top teams in the Region all season long but always comes up short in the playoffs. When was the last time that they made at least the regional semis let alone the state tourney?

injuredinmelee
05-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Im going with Clyde cause they are on the way UP after beating Wylie ONE time in the regular season. Oh wait they already got knocked out first round.

Sorry I had to bring it up.

GWOOD
05-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Wylie doesnt have as strong of a team as in years past, but there is a lot of young talent there. Also, it seems that EVERY year Lubbock Cooper is one of the top teams in the Region all season long but always comes up short in the playoffs. When was the last time that they made at least the regional semis let alone the state tourney?

I couldn't find anything past last year on the baseball playoffs, where Lubbock Cooper got beat by an up and coming Perryton team in the third round. But since early in the season when Perryton picked up a couple of losses, Lubbock Cooper has been the highest ranked Region 1 team.

Does anybody know anything about West or Castleberry? Do you see either one of them advancing far in the playoffs?

Adidas410s
05-16-2005, 07:32 PM
that is what always happens. They have a fairly weak district and their record looks nice coming to the playoffs but they dont play a lot of tough teams. They always get a 1st round bye and usually win their 2nd round game putting them in the region quarters...but never much further than that...

VWG
05-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
that is what always happens. They have a fairly weak district and their record looks nice coming to the playoffs but they dont play a lot of tough teams. They always get a 1st round bye and usually win their 2nd round game putting them in the region quarters...but never much further than that...

Don't underestimate Cooper though, they've got talent.
They had a kid sign with Tech last year and they get to play Frenship, and some of the other Lubbock schools. Granted... their district isn't as strong as others in Region I, but they can't be overlooked.

GWOOD
05-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I remember that Lubbock Cooper's Little League teams were very competitive in the Lubbock regions back when the current sophs and juniors were in Little League. It may be that they have something this year.

CRHSeagle
05-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Does anybody know anything about West or Castleberry? Do you see either one of them advancing far in the playoffs?

Well for Castleberry.....We have 8 returning starters from a team that was area champs last year. All of our pitchers are 80+ guys with a couple throwing 85+. Our team isnt know for having power hitters but we have players who put the ball in play and are pretty consistent at doing so. We have 7 seniors starting and 2 juniors. We played some tough non district games including six in Oklahoma. There were two articles about the Pilot Point series in the Denton Chronicle if u wanna read more....

GWOOD
05-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
Well for Castleberry.....We have 8 returning starters from a team that was area champs last year. All of our pitchers are 80+ guys with a couple throwing 85+. Our team isnt know for having power hitters but we have players who put the ball in play and are pretty consistent at doing so. We have 7 seniors starting and 2 juniors. We played some tough non district games including six in Oklahoma. There were two articles about the Pilot Point series in the Denton Chronicle if u wanna read more....

Found the Denton Chronicle website, couldn't find the articles.

VWG
05-17-2005, 06:48 AM
My bold predictions for who moves on in Region I.

Cooper over A. Wylie in three games.
Castleberry over West in two game sweep.
Perryton over Presidio in two game sweep.
Decatur over Iowa Park in three games.

GWOOD
05-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Abilene Wylie (16-12, W4) vs. Lubbock Cooper (29-5, W2)

Game 1: 6:30 p.m. Friday, CitiBank Ballpark, Midland
Game 2: noon Saturday, CitiBank Ballpark, Midland
Game 3: 30 minutes after Game 2, if necessary

West (20-5, W8) vs. Fort Worth Castleberry (15-13, R7)

Game 1: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, North Crowley HS
Game 2: 7:30 p.m. Friday, North Crowley HS
Game 3: 3 p.m. Saturday, North Crowley HS, if necessary

Presidio (24-2-1, W3) vs. Perryton (25-6, W1)

Game 1: 5 p.m. Friday, Moffett Field, Snyder
Game 2: 1 p.m. Saturday, Moffett Field, Snyder

Decatur (25-6, W7) vs. Iowa Park (18-10, W5)

Game 1: 7 p.m. Friday, Graham HS
Game 2: 1 p.m. Saturday, Graham HS

CRHSeagle
05-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Found the Denton Chronicle website, couldn't find the articles.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29607

GWOOD
05-17-2005, 04:42 PM
There were two articles about the Pilot Point series in the Denton Chronicle if u wanna read more....

Sounds like Castleberry pulled off an upset...At least according to Pilot Point player comments. Castleberry came through against a top notch pitcher. The records indicate that West has had more success this year. You are thinking that Castleberry can pull this off?

CRHSeagle
05-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Sounds like Castleberry pulled off an upset...At least according to Pilot Point player comments. Castleberry came through against a top notch pitcher. The records indicate that West has had more success this year. You are thinking that Castleberry can pull this off?

I have the confidence that we can. Records arent everything. We played some pretty tough non district teams.

injuredinmelee
05-18-2005, 08:00 AM
anyone heard locations on these games. I m particularly interested in the Wylie and IP series. I assume Wylies will be in Snyder but wondered the exact schedule and I assume IPs will be in Graham or mineral wells.

GWOOD
05-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
anyone heard locations on these games. I m particularly interested in the Wylie and IP series. I assume Wylies will be in Snyder but wondered the exact schedule and I assume IPs will be in Graham or mineral wells.

See bottom of page 1 on this thread.

Iowa Park series in Graham

Abilene Wylie series in Midland

I'm torn between 20 minutes to see Wylie/L. Cooper or drive an hour to see Perryton/Presidio. Not complaining though. Glad to have the choices.

GWOOD
05-18-2005, 10:08 PM
It sure would be great if we had people who could communicate to this forum all of the baseball games of Region 1 this Friday and Saturday. It is a hassle to find the games. LH Panther Mom searched all over the web last Saturday to find all the Region 1 games. She did great and found all of them but one. But it would be easier if we had those games posted here.

I will be at the Perryton/Presidio game in Snyder on Friday evening and will give report and if I don't make it Saturday, I will at least have a phone contact. Will anyone else be able to report on the other three games?

CRHSeagle
05-18-2005, 10:12 PM
I will be at all the Castleberry games this weekend. I'll give scores right when I get home.

GreenMonster
05-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I will see what I can do about the IP Decatur series. ;)

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2005, 05:04 AM
It sure would be great if we had people who could communicate to this forum all of the baseball games of Region 1 this Friday and Saturday. It is a hassle to find the games. LH Panther Mom searched all over the web last Saturday to find all the Region 1 games.

Many times, it seems that after football is over, scores are not necessarily considered "news worthy". It took me four days to get my own district's track results from district meet (boys) and almost a week (had to wait for the local "weekly" paper) to get any girls results. :mad: The d'lowers have been able to do better than the media many times. :)

CRHSeagle
05-19-2005, 11:54 PM
West 7
Castleberry 6

Our 3rd pitcher vs. there ace. We were down 2-7 in the bottom of the seventh and rallied but left one runner in scoring position. Should be a good series with game two tommorow.

Ranger Mom
05-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The d'lowers have been able to do better than the media many times. :)

Ain't that the truth? I remember "back in the old days" coming home from football games frantically looking for a radio station to get the local scores. Now, thanks to the downlow and cellphones, I usually have all the scores I am curious about before I even make it home....and I even know how to text message now (thanks Ashton):inlove:

GWOOD
05-20-2005, 08:47 AM
West 7
Castleberry 6

Our 3rd pitcher vs. there ace. We were down 2-7 in the bottom of the seventh and rallied but left one runner in scoring position. Should be a good series with game two tommorow.

Thanks for the update CHRSeagle! What was the reasoning behind pitching #3 in the first game? Not the norm, but surely there was some strategy. Good luck tonight.

VWG
05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Castleberry used three pitchers in the game. Their third best pitcher was replaced in either the second or third inning.