PDA

View Full Version : Great Movies on TCM tonight! (Sunday)

Phil C
05-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Actually they start at 11:00 P.M. with the great silent movie called Exit Smiling. Then at 1 A.M. (which is actually Monday morning) they have the great James Stewart - Audie Murphy movie called Night Passage which is a great western and be sure to watch for Murphy's fast draw after about 30 minutes in the movie that he demonstrates to a young kid.

Then at 3 A.M. the real treat and this is the one you must not miss! It is called No Name on the Bullet with Audie Murphy playing a good bad guy that became poplular a few years later with Clint Eastwood. Murphy plays a gunslinger for hire that kills legally when his target draws on him and it is self defense. The problem is that nearly everyone in town except the physician and his father and the local sheriff has something in their past that makes them scared as Murphy plays the cat and mouse game. The real surprise is when we find out the target and then there is a surpising devastating climax at the end. Don't miss this one.

I know it is late hours but have your recorders on the slow mode and get those movies - especially the No Name on the Bullet movie. Audie Murphy was a WW2 War hero from Texas who became a good actor but was not used as wisely as Hollywood should have but that movie was one that they did. Don't miss it!

Phil C
05-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Audie Murphy who as I said was a Texan also plays in the great movie To Hell and Back on TCM on May 28 at 2:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. This movie is based on his auto biography about his war years where he became the most decorated hero in WW2. He plays himself in this movie and does a good job and it is a very good movie. I am going to record it mainly for my sons so they can know about him.

Rockdale Tiger
05-15-2005, 12:09 PM
You could just watch Weekend At Bernies on Comedy Central right now!

44INAROW
05-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
You could just watch Weekend At Bernies on Comedy Central right now!

guilty :)

Phil C
05-15-2005, 09:28 PM
The Lost Weekend with Ray Milland is a good movie even though I don't know when it will be on again.