PDA

View Full Version : BH advances to play Lufkin Hudson

RBARKER
05-14-2005, 05:47 PM
BH Defeats Rusk 10-4 & 6-3 to Advance.

Sophmore Derek Hulsey pitched a complete game as Barbers Hill defeated Rusk in the second round of the Class 3A state playoffs by a score of 6-3. BH will now face highly regarded Lufkin Hudson. The first game will be played at Barbers Hill on Thursday. Hudson will host the second game on Friday night. A third if necessary will be played at New Caney on Saturday.

BHKrystal06
05-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the info!

Old Cardinal
05-14-2005, 06:16 PM
To RBARKER: I saw Lufkin Hudson beat WO-S the first game and I understand they beat them in the second game 3-0. Brandon Hull is a good fastball Pitcher. We had a "gun" on him at about 91 mph. I know that BC has faced a host of 4As and Louisiana 5As that throw that fast. He is good but is beatable. They have a good team but all of the Region III teams are extra good at this level.:D They are dangerous in that they don't hit many times but tend to knock a high precentage over the fence.
Let's see how long has it been since anyone else has won the State Championship? LaGrange won it last year by a big score over Forney; Lorena won it several times also in the last few years, who else?

RBARKER
05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the info. OC, Lufkin has some good players and are touted in the state and I'm sure deserve the reconition. BH on the other hand has not been ranked and as you know plays the spoiler in the playoffs. I'm not expecting a state Championship from this bunch, but anything is posible with the heart this team has.

eagle.eyes
05-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Come on Barker, where's your faith! I didn't see a single QB keeper in either game.......;)