PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Cardz-boys and girls roll over opponents

Old Cardinal
05-14-2005, 02:28 PM
The BC Softball team won 11-0 and 7-0 over the Shepherd Pirates. That gives them an overall scoring record of 137 points to opponents 2; thusfar since District play began. Thats 47 straight wins in district coupled with 5 games unscored upon by 4A warmup/mid season scrimmage games and then 3 playoff games. They will go against the winner of Bellville vs LaGrange next. This Shepherd team has a very good Pitcher in Samantha Cummings and they have beat Huntington three times, Barbers Hill two times, and lost to Splendora by one point. The Cardz were estatic to hit that kind of excellent pitching this weekend.

Baseball: The Bridge City boys beat Palestine 6-0 the first game and then unloaded on them 13-0 in a 5 inning game, with Darryl Stevens pitching a no-hitter. They are starting to look real strong.
Next they meet a tough Orangefield Bobcat team who finished 3rd in 24-3A where BC won the District. OF beat Huffman and Jasper to get there.
I would compliment Jasper in staying close to Orangefield--it was only a 4-3 win for OF over Jasper. I did not anticipate Jasper being able to stay close to the likes of the Bobcats this year.

Etexpirate
05-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Congrats Old Cardinal to the BC girls this weekend! We enjoyed playing your great bunch of girls!

I especially enjoyed meeting you and middlecardinal and appreciate your comeraderie and generous spirt! It was great to come together in competition but yet make new friends along the way! Look forward to seeing you guys next year!

Samantha thanks you and middle cardinal for all your kind words..

We also want to thank Coach Hall of Barbers Hill for having us at his beautiful facility.

I also want to applaud the Shepherd Lady Pirates for going further than they have ever gone before. Looking forward to next year and the great things to come!

RBARKER
05-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Congrats Cards those are impressive wins. Shepard was a tough team and matched up with my Eagles to well for BH to advance. The Cards BB team is playing well also. Good luck

Old Cardinal
05-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Well I just got a "newsflash" that BC girls will play LaGrange. LaGrange is leading Bellville 8-4 in the bottom of the seventh inning! They pulled it out in the third game of the series....We played LaGrange several years back and they have a complete program and if the same Lady Coach is there she will take every chance in the book against all odds.