PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell vs. Rockdale

CHS_05
10-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Whats gonna happen!!!

GoForIt
10-12-2003, 06:58 PM
This is the absolute MOST important game of the season - no question and the Hornets are going to have to hustle the whole game because R'dale knows it's do or die with Lorena and Cameron still left on their schedule. A loss by Caldwell could severely damage the Hornets' playoff chances since they still have to play Marlin, which has gotten its act together again plus Lorena is playing at the same level as Marlin.

Lorena's only loss has been to 3A's fourth-ranked Fairfield, 7-0. Lorena beat Waco La Vega and La Vega beat GATESVILLE, which beat Cameron 41-6! If Caldwell makes the playoffs, it will play Gatesville. That's pretty much determined due to Division I enrollment figures.

Anyway, Caldwell can control its own post-season destiny with a win over Rockdale. Otherwise, everyone has to start that annual point-system junk if two or more teams end up with three district losses which is quite possible since the talent level is so close this season. That's one reason I was surprised the team didn't take one knee before letting the clock tick down to one second and attempt a 30-yard field goal to take a four-point win in Cameron. If teams end up tied for third, I hope that decision doesn't haunt them if there's a tie-breaker to determine playoffs.

Beating Rockdale on Friday is like getting a flu shot to prevent missing playoffs. Caldwell has the talent if it keeps its head in the game all night. Caldwell, 20-17.

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: GoForIt ]</small>

marlinbulldogplayer
10-12-2003, 07:35 PM
your right this is going to be a big game for both teams. both teams are good. im going to go with caldwell 28 to 21

CHS_Drummer04
10-12-2003, 08:52 PM
This is an important game. Rockdale is coming off a big loss to Marlin and wil be looking for a win. Caldwell will be looking to keep their winning streak alive. The Hornets can win, I have faith in them but they need to play 4 quarters again. Last Friday, the Hornets were a little slow in the first half but came out swinging after halftime. Good game last Friday and I am sure that this Friday will not disappoint me. GO HORNETS!!! BEAT ROCKDALE!!!!!

cant stop me
10-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Rockdale played the most dissapointing game against marlin. They should have atleast scored a couple td's but turnovers hurt alot an they jsut never came together. and what else can i say but Marlin is good very good. Bust i also believe Caldwell hasnt faced opponents like Rockdale has just may take but im goin with Rockdale 20 Caldwell 13

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-12-2003, 09:37 PM
This seems like a broken record every week with Caldwell they haven't played any body :mad: Rockdale played 2 of the same teams as Caldwell. Giddings & Smithville Rockdale split these games & Caldwell swept them. :)

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86 ]</small>

GoForIt
10-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Exactamundo

keep_it_real
10-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Rockdale has the advantage going into this weeks game, in the same sense of Marlin losing big to superior teams then coming back and beating a weaker rockdael team, Rockdale will hopefully rebound from the loss to a far superior team and learn from last weeks mistakes and beat Caldwell. Its do or die as many have already pointed out. Rockdale has a big week ahead of them, on a good note, this will be the first week Rockdale will have their whole team healthy.

CHS_Grad '85
10-14-2003, 09:18 AM
The hornets are looking stronger and I think they finally have the T E A M concept... they work really well together and don't give up... keep it up guys!!

So, of course, I'm going with the Hornets... hope for a shut out-can you do it guys?...

cunbed10
10-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Although I will not be at the Troy Marlin game, I will watch the scoreboard closely Friday, Navasota vs Bellville is where I will be, and Caldwell will be coming to a Homecoming crowd next week, and a Hungry Bulldogs team awaits them, so Rockdale, and Caldwell good luck to each of you.

keep_it_real
10-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Rockdale and Caldwell always have good games. Its never a run away on either end. Rockdale has won the last 2, and 3 years ago, with 1:17 left on the scoreboard Caldwells Jason Carter mounted like a 86 yard scoring drive that won the game for them. We won the previous few years.... but thats beside the point, Caldwell and Rockdale always battle it out, the week after Rockdale usually has soar defensive linemen because of all the chopping caldwell does.

CHS_Grad '85
10-14-2003, 03:02 PM
LOL... I'll agree that Rockdale/Caldwell games have been nail biters in the past... but I hope to do more yelling than biting this year...

HornetMom
10-14-2003, 03:09 PM
CHS_Grad '85:
LOL... I'll agree that Rockdale/Caldwell games have been nail biters in the past... but I hope to do more yelling than biting this year...I'm with you. Lots of yelling.

cant stop me
10-14-2003, 03:35 PM
number 99 will keep caldwell biting there nails all nite long!!!! and number 9 on offense, this is goin to be a good game good luck to both teams but go ROCKDALE!!!!

keep_it_real
10-14-2003, 03:35 PM
WEll i hope to do more yelling than biting too then.......

GoForIt
10-14-2003, 06:00 PM
My forecast is the loser stays at home during playoffs. GO HORNETS!

keep_it_real
10-14-2003, 07:03 PM
more then likely

Pudlugger
10-14-2003, 07:49 PM
keep_it_real:
Rockdale has the advantage going into this weeks game, in the same sense of Marlin losing big to superior teams then coming back and beating a weaker rockdael team, Rockdale will hopefully rebound from the loss to a far superior team and learn from last weeks mistakes and beat Caldwell. Its do or die as many have already pointed out. Rockdale has a big week ahead of them, on a good note, this will be the first week Rockdale will have their whole team healthy.That's what I mean sucking up to Marlin like that! Hopefully the other teams in D18 still believe in themselves. :p

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

CHS_Drummer04
10-14-2003, 09:18 PM
BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86:
This seems like a broken record every week with Caldwell they haven't played any body :mad: Rockdale played 2 of the same teams as Caldwell. Giddings & Smithville Rockdale split these games & Caldwell swept them. :) I agree totally. It seems every week since Liberty Hill, people have always said that this week will be the first real test for Caldwell. Can ya'll give us a break? Why must ya'll keep saying this? Caldwell is a great team, the best one I have seen in a long time, but ya'll still refuse to see that, omg, Caldwell might actually have a good team. To those who doubt Caldwell, I feel sorry for you because Caldwell is for real this year! Sure they have had some close games, some games where they only showed up half the time, but they are getting better each week. GO HORNETS!!! BEAT ROCKDALE!!!!

keep_it_real
10-15-2003, 12:43 AM
What are you talking about sucking up to Marlin, we played them and they beat us, they have had a tough predistrict schedule, do you think differently? Its called respect. I respect every team accept Taylor....... Just because you dont like someone doesnt mean you have to ignore the facts.

keep_it_real
10-15-2003, 12:45 AM
I think Caldwell is good too, I never said anything about them not being tested.... I thought they were tested against Giddings and passed it. I have to disagree saying this is the best Caldwell team, I think the 2000 season (jason Carter) senior year was teh best team. The caliber of all the teams in the district have gone down since then with the exception of 1 or 2, plus a 6 team district is more relaxed then an 8 team district..... this years at least.

GoForIt
10-15-2003, 07:43 AM
How can you say that when Hearne's only win that year (2000) was over Caldwell - even with Carter. That was a good lesson in how letting your guard down in even one contest can leave your butt at home come playoff time.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-15-2003, 09:28 AM
This is a better TEAM than 2000 they play as a TEAM. 2000 was all about Jason not the TEAM! :mad:

2k3_QB_10
10-15-2003, 02:42 PM
I seriously think that Caldwell started off strong into the 2000 season. They just lost confidence thoughout the rest of the year. My father comes from Caldwell and he has told me about Caldwell's programs in the past, so i know the potential Caldwell has. Rockdale and Caldwell are similar in many ways...now to the game. Rockdale and Caldwell have put together some great games. My money is with Rockdale because I hail from Rockdale. Last year we played head to head until the half. Last years team showed heart thoughout the entire year. This season's Tigers need to get that fire again. Everyone on the team have to play together in order to win. If Rockdale can play together and learn to overcome adversity, then Rockdale will win. If Rockdale comes out and plays individually and doesn't learn to dig themselves out of holes, then Caldwell should win this. Hopefully Rockdale 21 Caldwell 14....I'll be there to witness this, so Rockdale Don't let me down!

keep_it_real
10-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Caldwell also beat Cameron that year, good teams are susceptible to a loss, it doesnt mean they are not good

theyoefnshow
10-15-2003, 03:08 PM
that was a bs game KIR. Cameron had 2 or 3 TDs called back and Caldwell was given 2. That's at least a 30 point difference barring extra points and it was still only a 4 point game.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-15-2003, 03:29 PM
2k3_QB_10 Yes I know your dad his parents lived next to my grandparents on Temple Street. Caldwell did beat Cameron & Rockdale that year but this is now on then. If the games played in the past had any thing to do with the outcome of this game then we might as well stay home & just look at the history books. This is 2003 not 2000 so stop comparing this TEAM with that one.

GO HORNETS BEAT ROCKDALE!!!

CHS_05
10-15-2003, 04:02 PM
I still believe that Caldwell can do it!!!
GO HORNETS...BEAT ROCKDALE!!!

keep_it_real
10-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Your right about comparing, but there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration. The 2000 football season consisted of an 8 team district. Elgin and Taylor are still definitely solid, the pressure in an 8 team district is felt alot more because you have to win more games.......

GoForIt
10-15-2003, 06:26 PM
theyoefnshow:
that was a bs game KIR. Cameron had 2 or 3 TDs called back and Caldwell was given 2. That's at least a 30 point difference barring extra points and it was still only a 4 point game.That's bunk and you know it. Show me a stat sheet or article stating these scores that were called back. SHOW ME! Caldwell was better that year. Just admit it. They just took Hearne lightly and forgot how much Hearne only wanted to win one game - Caldwell - and pulled out all stops.

theyoefnshow
10-15-2003, 09:13 PM
A better team yet they stayed home at playoff time and Cameron went to the 4th round only to lose by 1 point in OT to Marlin? Ok.....

keep_it_real
10-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Cameron had some athletes that year

2k3_QB_10
10-15-2003, 10:23 PM
All this talk of the past makes me want to play football again at the High school level!!!!!!!

theyoefnshow
10-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Yup, Pittman was a sophomore, Cedric Wells, Ed wells, Ed Lewis, Tyrone Miller, Terrance Brooks....and even ol' Daniel Wilfert bless his no aiming foot lol. Never know, had we won that game, Cameron could've been State Champs that year.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: theyoefnshow ]</small>

GoForIt
10-15-2003, 10:40 PM
theyoefnshow:
A better team yet they stayed home at playoff time and Cameron went to the 4th round only to lose by 1 point in OT to Marlin? Ok.....That doesn't make you the "better" team. More focused maybe, but not better.

CHS_Grad '85
10-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Good luck to the JV/Freshman tonight...

Go Hornets!!!

cant stop me
10-16-2003, 03:39 PM
GO ROCKDALE

HornetMom
10-16-2003, 05:14 PM
GO CALDWELL!!!!! :D

CHS_Drummer04
10-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Why is there so much controversy over who is better? There has been more posts related to Cameron and Marlin v. Caldwell than Caldwell v. Rockdale, the title of this thread. Come on...Cameron was last week...it has already been decided. Marlin is next week...can we hold off on talking about them until after tomorrow night?
GO HORNETS!!! BEAT ROCKDALE!!!

keep_it_real
10-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Well all I can say is Tommorow won't arrive soon enough! Im ready to watch Rockdale win this game... GO ROCKDALE!!!!!!!!!!

cHs_gUaRd_06
10-16-2003, 07:13 PM
I have faith in the boys (like I have all year)--so like I do every week, I say Caldwell by a TD or 2--- I still think our boys have a lot of heart and will do their best 2morrow.

keep_it_real
10-16-2003, 07:18 PM
I know our guys have heart, but they seem to have trouble finding it. To me this is the mentality, "Yeah we want to win" then something doesnt go their way and the mentality is "I dont care, im tired of this,"

keep_it_real
10-16-2003, 07:20 PM
The coaches need to find out whats missing and fix it..........I STILL SAY ROCKDALE BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!! ATABUSE ATABUSE

honeybee_04
10-16-2003, 09:10 PM
I'm going to have to say Caldwell by a field goal, and if we push it maybe a touch down. This game will be a tough one and if our guys keep their heads in the game all 4 quarters, we should win! Go HORNETS! Beat Rockdale! :p

fb_gurl
10-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey yoe, didn't you say that you didn't even go to the game (Caldwell vs. Cameron)? So how would you know what happened at the game if you didn't even show. Secondly, Caldwell won fair and square. :rolleyes:

I say Caldwell will beat Rockdale!!!

GO CALDWELL!!!

GoForIt
10-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Caldwell 17-14 in OT

keep_it_real
10-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Rockdale is gonna win! MAN, THOSE GUYS ARE DUE FOR SOMETHING BIG!!!!!!!!!!

LiquidAlloyedSteel
10-17-2003, 12:10 AM
GoForIt, Carter did not play against Hearne. He left just before half the week before with a hurt leg against Giddings. We lost both games. Get the facts before you pop off about FOCUS! If carter stayed healthy that year, who knows? the Hornets were on a roll! they finished 4-3 in district. That injury killed their chances. By the way, he came in for the Manor game after Caldwell spotted Manor two TD's. Carter and boys scored 38 straight points. That was yesterday, let's live for today! Go Hornets, beat Rockdale!

CHS_Grad '85
10-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Just a note of advice to all fans (& players) coming to Caldwell tonight - don't forget your bug spray... Man those mosquitos were killer last night (huh, CHS_Guard wink )...

Hornets will win this one by 2 TDs.... :D

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: CHS_Grad '85 ]</small>

theyoefnshow
10-17-2003, 10:28 AM
hey fb_gurl, you're so into reading my posts that you would have seen SEVERAL WEEKS AGO I said I WOULD BE AT THE GAME. So yeah I was there and I never said it wasn't a fair game at all. We're talking about a game from years back.

GoForIt
10-17-2003, 11:28 AM
LiquidAlloyedSteel:
GoForIt, Carter did not play against Hearne. He left just before half the week before with a hurt leg against Giddings. We lost both games. Get the facts before you pop off about FOCUS! If carter stayed healthy that year, who knows? the Hornets were on a roll! they finished 4-3 in district. That injury killed their chances. By the way, he came in for the Manor game after Caldwell spotted Manor two TD's. Carter and boys scored 38 straight points. That was yesterday, let's live for today! Go Hornets, beat Rockdale!I think anyone on here has a right to an opinion and I wouldn't call the "focus" comment popping off at all. You need to seriously chill. So are you saying that without Carter, the team understandably lost those games? I thought the other players were part of the "team" as well and were strong too. Focusing on one player is dangerous and I think you know that. I've got a little clue for you: When someone offers objective insight about their own team or any team, for that matter, it doesn't mean they are popping off.

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: GoForIt ]</small>

GoForIt
10-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Now with that said, go Caldwell!

CHS_Grad '85
10-17-2003, 01:50 PM
Go Hornets... Beat Rockdale...

HornetMom
10-17-2003, 02:04 PM
SWARM!! SWARM!! SWARM!! SWARM!!
GO CALDWELL BEAT ROCKDALE!! :D :D

CHS_Grad '85
10-17-2003, 04:41 PM
I wish the Hornets one heck of a game tonight and pray for an injury free game for both teams...

STING 'EM HORNETS!!

keep_it_real
10-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Rockdale won a good game, Jamal Williams had 260 something yards, and like I said Stryker Sulak was a monster that couldn't be stopped.....way to go guys, good luck caldwell

2k3_QB_10
10-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Stryker Sulak Sucks!!!