PDA

View Full Version : aTm Recruit Declares for NBA Draft

Astrosdawg07
05-13-2005, 01:51 PM
HOUSTON (AP) - Texas A&M football signee Martellus Bennett is making himself available for the NBA draft.

His high school football coach, Tom Gerber, said Friday that Bennett hasn't hired an agent. Bennett, considered the state's top football recruit, has until June 21 to withdraw his name and retain his college eligibility.

The 6-foot-7, 243-pound Bennett was ranked the nation's top tight end by recruiting Web site Rivals.com. He caught 46 passes for 650 yards as a senior at Alief Taylor High but also excelled at basketball.

Bennett averaged 23 points and 8.2 rebounds as a senior, and was considered one of the top players in Texas A&M's recruiting class.

Bennett said he picked Texas A&M because it was the only school to take his desire to play both sports seriously.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3613230

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Good luck to this young man in whatever he decides to do. I just hope he doesn't regret his decision.

Phil C
05-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Is this another Perrilloux?

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Is this another Perrilloux?

I believe so...I seem to remember the Bennet signing more than Perrilloux's.

Rockdale Tiger
05-13-2005, 03:47 PM
It's an OK experiment but I don't think it will work...

Astrosdawg07
05-13-2005, 04:18 PM
So I guess this means U.T. actually had a better recruiting class than what it had appeared, their rectruits stayed!

Bellville22
05-13-2005, 05:45 PM
He won't go to NBA. He hasn't hired an agent, just kinda testing the draft waters. Doubtful that he'll be a first round pick, so expect him to suit up for the Ags next year.

Specklebelly
05-13-2005, 06:12 PM
This is the same kid that had to announce his college decision on Fox Sports.net. Its the same kid who acted like he was flipping a coin to make his decision to only go and pick a school not even in the coin flip. What I'm getting at is this kid is just another pampered high school premadonna just looking to get some more press. He's a 6'7" post player. He has no prayer of being even considered an NBA prospect at this point and he knows it. He has absolutely no intention of hiring an agent. He is simply just doing this for attention. Congrats A&M, looks like you have a real head case on your hand.

Panther Ross
05-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I was looking forward to watching him play some ball to. Hope for the best and maybe he'll stay.

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
This is the same kid that had to announce his college decision on Fox Sports.net. Its the same kid who acted like he was flipping a coin to make his decision to only go and pick a school not even in the coin flip. What I'm getting at is this kid is just another pampered high school premadonna just looking to get some more press. He's a 6'7" post player. He has no prayer of being even considered an NBA prospect at this point and he knows it. He has absolutely no intention of hiring an agent. He is simply just doing this for attention. Congrats A&M, looks like you have a real head case on your hand.

Thank you! :clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
05-14-2005, 01:59 AM
you see martellus is much better in football, however his first love is basketball, he wants to play both here which he is going too....my thought is that if any team takes a look at him that he is gone, however the person that said that this is a ego builder for him maybe be hitting it on the head, he has a flare for the dramatics

District303aPastPlayer
05-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Specklebelly

sounds like recruited randy moss...

kepdawg
06-21-2005, 06:47 PM
He withdrew today.

AggieJohn
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
i knew he would

BU97
06-21-2005, 10:06 PM
I saw Coach Fran talking on the cell phone at the San Angelo Coaches Clinic BBQ last Thursday and I overheard "the NBA will be there afterwards" as I was walking by so I have been expecting to hear that he had withdrawn ever since. Sounded like a major publicity stunt to me. Sounds like a headcase to me.

AggieJohn
06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
not a headcase, but rather a high school hotshot that needs to be humbled

panther power
06-21-2005, 11:18 PM
He's out of the draft, it's alll over the news, dallas morning, houston chronicle.

AggieJohn
06-21-2005, 11:21 PM
"man lands on the moon"