PDA

View Full Version : COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Lindy's Preseason Top 25

KTJ
05-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Texas is starting to become the consensus #2 in several pre-season polls. Some Longhorn fans like it....others definitely do not. Everyone knows that preseason polls mean nothing but this is for fun.

Also, it's good to have all 3 Texas schools starting to get in the top 25. I would take out Penn State and put in UTEP.

LINDY'S PRESEASON TOP 25

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma
6. Tennessee
7. Ohio State
8. Florida St.
9. LSU
10. Va. Tech
11. Louisville
12. Miami
13. Purdue
14. Georgia
15. Iowa
16. Texas A&M
17. Auburn
18. Oregon
19. Pittsburgh
20. Boston Col.
21. Texas Tech
22. Alabama
23. Fresno St.
24. UCLA
25. Penn St.

Manck
05-13-2005, 01:37 PM
4 of the 6 teams in the Big XII South in the top 25?!? Rough conference. Hope that it lives up to the hype.

big daddy russ
05-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Manck
4 of the 6 teams in the Big XII South in the top 25?!? Rough conference. Hope that it lives up to the hype.
And the only reason OSU isn't in there is because they have to play the rest of the conference. Put them in Conference-USA... heck, put them in the Big East... and they're a top-15 team.

big daddy russ
05-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Texas is starting to become the consensus #2 in several pre-season polls. Some Longhorn fans like it....others definitely do not. Everyone knows that preseason polls mean nothing but this is for fun.
I think the Horns go to the NC this year.

Oh, and everyone seems to be really high on Florida this year. I know Meyer's there and they have quite a bit of talent, but #4?????

AggieJohn
05-14-2005, 02:00 AM
i know russ, i think urban does good however i don't feel like he'll bring them to prominence right away

3afan
05-14-2005, 07:20 AM
good to see Penn St back up there .............

NHSRattler60
05-14-2005, 08:58 AM
I look for 2 teams to do better this year than last year.

1. TCU. No, not because I have a teammate going there, but because of the schedual difficulty and the major team reconstruction they've been doing. We shall see.

2. Either Rice or U of H. Both teams have been doing better, but not better enough to earn a high ranking bowl game. This year I think will be a ear of changes. Houston should step up somehow and say "Hey, lets get a winning college program please, were tired of looking bad do College Station, Dallas, and Austin."

Granted Rice is an Ivy League college so academics count, but if they can win a Baseball title, football isn't too far out of reach. As for U of H, I just like pulling for the underdog.

Some other Colleges I'd like to see do better: Purdue, Notre Dame, LSU, Texas Tech, Ball State, North Carolina, and of coarse, I want Texas to exceed their ranking.

We're Back
05-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Rice is not an Ivy League school, they are in the WAC but moving to C-USA

KTJ
05-14-2005, 06:49 PM
What's funny is that Zook had good players. I think they should have given him another year. But I read an article about Meyer at his spring practices and he was pretty intense...something the UF players weren't used to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UF up there. It will certainly be interesting to see the UF/USC game, should they play this year.

big daddy russ
05-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by We're Back
Rice is not an Ivy League school, they are in the WAC but moving to C-USA
LOL... got it backwards. They're CUSA now, moving to the WAC beginning in the fall.

The Ivy League consists of:
Dartmouth
Harvard
Cornell
Brown
Princeton
Yale
Penn
and Columbia

They're a D I-AA Conference.... don't participate in the postseason in football... only up in the Northeast. Rice is a I-A school in Southeast Texas. Great academics, but more of a Stanford than a Yale.

Astrosdawg07
05-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
LOL... got it backwards. They're CUSA now, moving to the WAC beginning in the fall.

Wrong, they had been in the WAC but have now moved into CUSA!

big daddy russ
05-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Wrong, they had been in the WAC but have now moved into CUSA!
Nah, they've been in C-USA the past few years. Next year they'll be facing off against the Wyomings, Utahs, and San Diego States of the world. It'll be a tough conference with TCU moving in.

TCU's 2005 schedule, includes conference games... (http://gofrogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/tcu-m-footbl-sched.html)

sicem74
05-15-2005, 09:22 PM
BAYLOR SHOULD SWITCH WITH TCU THEN BAYLOR WOULD WIN MORE GAMES, IN FOOTBALL THEN U WOULD SEE THEM IN THE TOP 25:thinking:

AggieJohn
05-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
good to see Penn St back up there .............

that's just hype from recieving the Derrick Williams and Justin King...these guys are both 6.1 on the RR rating that rivals has...which is defined as a Franchise Player; considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 25 players overall; deemed to have excellent pro potential; high-major prospect

it'll phase out soon

KTJ
05-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Nah, they've been in C-USA the past few years. Next year they'll be facing off against the Wyomings, Utahs, and San Diego States of the world. It'll be a tough conference with TCU moving in.

TCU's 2005 schedule, includes conference games... (http://gofrogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/tcu-m-footbl-sched.html)

Russ, Rice is, and has been for a while, in the WAC...not C-USA.

big daddy russ
05-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Russ, Rice is, and has been for a while, in the WAC...not C-USA.
You know guys, I feel like an idiot. I've been arguing that the wrong team's moving over to the WAC. For some reason, I had TCU stuck in my head... My bad... don't know what I was thinking.

bigpimpin
05-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Iowa will win the Big 10, Texas has no right to be #2, and Florida doesn't have the defense to stay in the top 5...and just for fun on Nov. 19, USC will fall to Fresno State....you heard it here first...

KTJ
05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
Iowa will win the Big 10, Texas has no right to be #2, and Florida doesn't have the defense to stay in the top 5...and just for fun on Nov. 19, USC will fall to Fresno State....you heard it here first...

You were wrong about Texas, right about Florida, and almost close on Fresno State.

:D

schu1213
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Ohio State and Fl will be much much better than Texas and USC next year.

Emerson1
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Ohio State and Fl will be much much better than Texas and USC next year.
What makes you say that? tOSU and UT will come down to the final few minutes just like last year. tOSU lost most of there defense, the only real advantage they have is at the QB position. Texas is superior in almost every other position.

FL will lose atleast 2 games this year and USC is in just as bad of a spot with Texas except they have no RB.

lostaussie
05-11-2006, 08:25 PM
nobody has asked why a&m is at 16. i want to. i am a fan, but they have got to show me why they belong at 16. it's time to step up to the plate. i'm tired of saying this is gonna be the year. i want it to be the year. somebody convince me.

Emerson1
05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I think the guy ws also making a BOTTOM 25 where a&M should be, and accidently slipped them into the TOP 25.

Unless this guy went to a&m, how could he put them top 20? They are having a bad recruiting class, they have a decent QB Only really bright side they have is it at the running back position.

KTJ
05-11-2006, 08:50 PM
If both of you look, this is LAST YEAR'S POLL--2005

NOT THE POLL FOR THIS YEAR.

lostaussie
05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think the guy ws also making a BOTTOM 25 where a&M should be, and accidently slipped them into the TOP 25.

Unless this guy went to a&m, how could he put them top 20? They are having a bad recruiting class, they have a decent QB Only really bright side they have is it at the running back position. thanks emerson. that really helped:D

Emerson1
05-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

NOT THE POLL FOR THIS YEAR.
Why must you try and confuse us?

lostaussie
05-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

NOT THE POLL FOR THIS YEAR. oh well, we didn't deserve to be 16 last year either:D

gobblerfan02
05-12-2006, 12:56 AM
I was starting to think this was last season's poll!

Anyways, I'm still wondering why UTSA isn't in the top 25, they are still undefeated as a matter of fact!

(Hopefully they'll get a football team within the next couple of years!!!)

caldwellguard62
05-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Unless I looked over the poll I didn't even see Notre Dame on there they are at least a top 10 team with Brady Quinn coming back.

MHSvarsity2007
05-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

LINDY'S PRESEASON TOP 25

1. USC
16. Texas A&M
21. Texas Tech

yay!! :clap: :clap:

raider red 2000
05-12-2006, 08:13 AM
no way ATM is ranked 16.

must be last year's

neck_06
05-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

LINDY'S PRESEASON TOP 25

16. Texas A&M

WHOOP!

KTJ
05-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Folks--

This is the poll from LAST YEAR.

Holy Jesus--this teaches me not to bring up old stuff.

Buccaneer
05-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Ohio State will be #1.

hawkfan
05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
I think the Horns go to the NC this year.

Oh, and everyone seems to be really high on Florida this year. I know Meyer's there and they have quite a bit of talent, but #4?????

Good call on the Horns going to the National Championship last season, but now reality must set in for the 2006-2007 season.

The Longhorns WILL NOT repeat as National Champions. Any team that has to split time between two QBs WILL NOT make it that far. And that is not even saying that one QB is a Redshirt Freshman and the other is a true Freshman. I think they will 9-3 or 10-2, if that at all.

pirate4state
05-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Folks--

Holy Jesus--this teaches me not to bring up old stuff. :D That was fun....:clap:

raider red 2000
05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
i should have bashed the AGS more....it was fun.

wedo
05-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Folks--

Holy Jesus--this teaches me not to bring up old stuff.

Thats pretty funny!!! The Ags thought they were in the top 25!!!

KTJ Quit teasing them!!!

big daddy russ
05-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
The Longhorns WILL NOT repeat as National Champions. Any team that has to split time between two QBs WILL NOT make it that far. And that is not even saying that one QB is a Redshirt Freshman and the other is a true Freshman. I think they will 9-3 or 10-2, if that at all.
I agree. I think they have the talent to be a top-10 team, but I think OU reclaims their spot at the top of the Big XII pecking order again this year and the tOSU returns the favor in Austin.

I really like West Virginia, Auburn , and Oklahoma. Not as big Notre Dame (defense is suspect), Nebraska (never bought into Bill Callahan), Florida (see ND), Texas (too young, no experience under center), USC (lost too much), or Penn State (tough schedule).

raider red 2000
05-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Thats pretty funny!!! The Ags thought they were in the top 25!!!

KTJ Quit teasing them!!!

poor ags....i hope that fran stays around...because he sucks...and tech will keep beating them :)

wedo
05-12-2006, 03:46 PM
I agree. I think they have the talent to be a top-10 team, but I think OU reclaims their spot at the top of the Big XII pecking order again this year and the tOSU returns the favor in Austin.

I really like West Virginia, Auburn , and Oklahoma. Not as big Notre Dame (defense is suspect), Nebraska (never bought into Bill Callahan), Florida (see ND), Texas (too young, no experience under center), USC (lost too much), or Penn State (tough schedule).

I say that Texas will go 11-1!! Only losing to Ohio State maybe!!!. Texas has too much on D to lose to Oklahoma!!! Ad will not make a difference, unless he has a 250+ Game!! Texas will beat Ohio state if they play ball controll with those running backs b/c OSU D is very inexperienced!!!

wedo
05-12-2006, 03:48 PM

If they don't lose to OSU they play for the NC in Arizona!!!! 13-0!! if TX QB's can manage the game fairly well they control their own destiny!!!

big daddy russ
05-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by wedo
If they don't lose to OSU they play for the NC in Arizona!!!! 13-0!! if TX QB's can manage the game fairly well they control their own destiny!!!
The talent's there.