PDA

View Full Version : 24 3A games tonight

Old Cardinal
05-13-2005, 11:51 AM
There are a couple of playoff games tonight--Jasper vs Orangefield. OF has Clay Bou. a good hurler. Jasper has tradition going for them.
Bridge City will probably pitch their Sophomore Jeff Stringer tonight and save Senior Daryl Stevens just in case they need an ace for a final game. I saw Brandon Hull from Lufkin Hudson pitch last night against WO-S and I saw All State Junior Kevin Angelle pitch a 19 strikeout game the night before. Angelle is the better Pitcher but the Lufkin pitcher's fast ball is about 2 mph faster.
In girls playoff two of the best Shepherd and Bridge City will slug it out. I look for BC to start All Stater Meagan Godwin tonight, followed by Freshman Shandi Conner first game tomorrow--she is a 14 & U qualified Beaumont Blast Red team hurler that led her team to 5th place in the Nationals last year when they were all 13 years of age. They are shooting for the National Championship as 14 year olds this year. Meagan will certainly pitch if there is a 3rd game.
For Shepherd--Samantha Cummings from the MC Elite Gold 18 & U will have to pitch all the games. She is a dandy or dandette or whatever is politically correct:D Sam is the strength of that very successful team; although, they have two top-billed select team player to join her in leading at the plate. It ought to be fun!
The ultimate winner will be the team that can put the ball in play the most against good pitching.