PDA

View Full Version : Jasper, I can't believe you won! Conally be proud!

pinecone
11-22-2003, 03:23 AM
When Conally scored in 4th qtr with score 20-12 in their favor, I got up and left. Jasper had squandered last oportunity with 3 run plays over the same offensive line position and got stuffed all 3 times and gave up ball on downs. Thought if that's all you had left, it was over. WOW! You scored before I got out of the parking lot, so I came back in and watched you play better in the overtime than in most of the game. No more fumbles. WOW! Jordan Patton was superb in the OTs.

Waco Conally, I know it was a long trip home, and I feel sorry for your fans. It could'a been us. But you gotta be proud of your boys. They were as equal to us as any team I have seen this year. You deserved to win just as much as we did. See you next year.

Wildcat81
11-22-2003, 06:07 AM
Man! that must have been some game D-over time.

olddog73
11-22-2003, 07:30 AM
Congratulations Jasper! If all goes well for Burnet, I hope to see you guys again this year. Who do you play next week?

Bulldog92
11-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Manor Mustangs. That's gotta be a first and I'd bet the biggest question in the minds of Jasper fans (besides Cook's injury) is "WHO?????". I sure hope they aren't too emphatic in showing us, but I bet they'll know who we are. GO DOGS!!!! :D

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Bulldog92 ]</small>

olddawggreen
11-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Manor is having a pretty good run this year, I understand. Any idea yet where you will play?

Matthew328
11-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Congrats to both teams...Jasper showed the heart of a champ and Connally has nothing to be ashamed of...

mwisnews
11-22-2003, 11:18 AM
I was at the game. Conally you played well, but you should of won. You had the ball 4 times between inside the 10 yard line and you either had to settle for the field goal or like in overtime not make a freakin yard. It wasn't that hard just go under center and sneak it in. I don't know why you had to be in the shotgun all the time. That gave Jasper extra time. Why did you put 3 defensive line or go 3-4 that gave the tackles or guards more time to block the linebackers. They ran the same plays, how can you not stop that? Plus that idiot shouldn't of touched the ball during the kickoff at the end of the 4th. It was going to go out of bounds, but something in his head clicked off and you ended up with the ball at the five yard line.

Jasper you won and that's good, but you made the same mistakes last time. Each time you tried the direct snap you fumbled most of the time. Your defense saved you and you probably will beat the next team. If Burnet wins the next two games and you played like you just did then you will get blown out like you did last year. The linemen weren't big or fast, they didn't throw the bomb or anything like that. That freshman made a rookie mistake with that interception. You were driving and he rolled out, and no one was open. He should of ran or threw it away, but all he did was run the whole night. Yeah, he completed a few passes, but if you play a better team like Burnet that won't do. See you in two weeks.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

J-town Hustler
11-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Congrats to both WC and Jasper. They played excellent games last night. Still a handful of errors, but a win is a win, and I'd take it. Next week we play in the quarterfinals, making it 3 straight years for the Dawgs to go that far. Everybody underestimated this Jasper team since a lot of our seniors left. After the Jasper victory in Newton, I knew we stood a chance. I hope we can continue our winning ways next week, but with less mistakes. Those could of cost us. Just about did, until midnight magic hit the sidelines. WC, we hope to see you next year, and I hope that we are prepared enough for next week, GO DAWGS!!!

J-town Hustler
11-22-2003, 11:29 AM
I sat in the band on Jaspers side, right in front of where the guy touched the ball and it went out of bounds. Therefore, I saw the whole thing. He let it take a bounce, and, it did not go out of bounds after it bounced. The ball kind of went straight down the line, about half a yard from the out of bounds mark. It might of rolled to the white line, but from 20 yards away from the play, it looked as if it would barely stay in bounds, since it was hardly moving after the bounce. Then the player and his momentum, tried to be the hero, and tried to pick it up and he knocked it to the white line. From what I saw, it didn't look like it would of went out of bounds, he should of not picked it up and went a little ways, but it was still going to stay in bounds.

mechanic
11-22-2003, 11:47 AM
J-Town Hustler I was in the same section as you down toward the bottom , and I saw it the same way, the kid did what he thought he had to do and the ball just bounced the wrong way for them.

Mswisnews some of what you say may be true, but you got to run the plays that you have had success with, and this team showed more heart last night than any Bulldog team has in recent memory.

As for Marlon I talked to doctor Brown last night leaving the stadium, he said Marlon had a bruised knee from a hit by a helmet, did not think anything was torn or messed up just a bruised, thought he should make it to next weeks game :D :D :D

J-town Hustler
11-22-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey mechanic, you saw the same thing?...that's good, I'm not the only one.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: J-town Hustler ]</small>

JasperDog94
11-22-2003, 12:13 PM
I have a question: What's up with the WC fans yelling during the national anthem? Can anyone from WC explain if this is normal or were these dudes just way out of line last night?

White&Crimson
11-22-2003, 12:17 PM
They will be playing Manor next Friday 7:30 at Bryan High School stadium. We wanted Huntsville again but lost the toss.
You might know... :rolleyes: Manor is right by me down here, but I'll be in Jasper for Thanksgiving.

J-town Hustler
11-22-2003, 12:26 PM
You know, I wondered why they did that in the anthem as well. Very disrespectful.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: J-town Hustler ]</small>

mwisnews
11-22-2003, 12:32 PM
It was probably those KIDS down at the bottom of the row at Waco Conally.

White&Crimson
11-22-2003, 12:34 PM
J-town Hustler:
You know, I wondered why they did that in the anthem as well. Very disrespectful.

Hey Crimson, you are going to be in Jasper for Thanksgiving? You live in Austin?...sounds like an old friend I used to have...did you ever live here before?Yup, I was born in Jasper, grew up there and graduated from Jasper High School in 99. So I'll be going to have Thanksgiving back at home with my family and my fiance's family (he's also from J-town). :) I can't wait but I'm worried about how traffic will be leaving Austin this Wednesday! eek!

J-town Hustler
11-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Nevermind that

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: J-town Hustler ]</small>

fred grunden
11-22-2003, 12:37 PM
posted November 22, 2003 10:18 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was at the game. Conally you played well, but you should of won. You had the ball 4 times between inside the 10 yard line and you either had to settle for the field goal or like in overtime not make a freakin yard. It wasn't that hard just go under center and sneak it in. I don't know why you had to be in the shotgun all the time. That gave Jasper extra time. Why did you put 3 defensive line or go 3-4 that gave the tackles or guards more time to block the linebackers. They ran the same plays, how can you not stop that? Plus that idiot shouldn't of touched the ball during the kickoff at the end of the 4th. It was going to go out of bounds, but something in his head clicked off and you ended up with the ball at the five yard line.

Jasper you won and that's good, but you made the same mistakes last time. Each time you tried the direct snap you fumbled most of the time. Your defense saved you and you probably will beat the next team. If Burnet wins the next two games and you played like you just did then you will get blown out like you did last year. The linemen weren't big or fast, they didn't throw the bomb or anything like that. That freshman made a rookie mistake with that interception. You were driving and he rolled out, and no one was open. He should of ran or threw it away, but all he did was run the whole night. Yeah, he completed a few passes, but if you play a better team like Burnet that won't do. See you in two weeks.

[ November 22, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]

Was it the freshman? I thought it was the starting QB who is a JR. I thought the freshman played with poise. Even completed a long pass with
help of an excellant play by the receiver.

mwisnews
11-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Number 2 was the freshman and number 5 was the other QB I think. It looked weird when both of them were in the back field.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

J-town Hustler
11-22-2003, 12:55 PM
No, number 5 is Gilbert, the freshman. Number 2 is Jordan Patton, the Junior.

j_town
11-22-2003, 12:56 PM
That was an awsome game. I think Jordan had his best game of the season. Hats off to the Jasper defence, they held Conally several critical times inside the 20 yard line. The offensive line did some good blocking in the OT's.

Congrats to Conally, ya'll played a good game.

southern_thunder
11-22-2003, 01:10 PM
pinecone:
When Conally scored in 4th qtr with score 20-12 in their favor, I got up and left. Jasper had squandered last oportunity with 3 run plays over the same offensive line position and got stuffed all 3 times and gave up ball on downs. Thought if that's all you had left, it was over. WOW! You scored before I got out of the parking lot, so I came back in and watched you play better in the overtime than in most of the game. No more fumbles. WOW! Jordan Patton was superb in the OTs.

Waco Conally, I know it was a long trip home, and I feel sorry for your fans. It could'a been us. But you gotta be proud of your boys. They were as equal to us as any team I have seen this year. You deserved to win just as much as we did. See you next year.Pinecone maybe you should stick around to the end of the game whether the team is winnning or losing and be a true fan and not just a fair wearther fan. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE KIDS THROUGH THICK AND THIN NOT JUST WHEN WE ARE WINNING!!!

Whiskers
11-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Here is something to mwisnews, first of all, they were right about that kick off. It wasn't going out of bounds. It was right for him to stop it where he did. Second of all, you need to correct your numbers. Number 5 is Moye,the freshman, and number 2 is Patton. Maybe you shouldn't be so harsh on these teams either. You have to remember, they aren't pro's, they are high school athletes. I think this was a great game. By far the best I have seen all year. Everyone got their money's worth. Connaly, you played a great game, and congrats to the dogs. See ya next week.

skyline62005
11-22-2003, 06:33 PM
i think that we play in Bryan at viking stadium, where we played Barber's Hill. this will be a really good game between us two. i feel as a player that my mustangs are doing really well this year, and i hope that we will continue to do so. I hope that both teams have an injury free game.

GO MUSTANGS!!