PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie Bulldogs

superman
07-22-2001, 01:29 AM
i dont see anyone stopping the dogs this year. getting upsetby gatesville was possibly the best thing that has ever happened to the dogs. they have all the tools to be the Division I AAA State Champions.

BigFanOfFootball
07-22-2001, 01:49 AM
i have been a fan of high school ball for many years and i have seen these boys from Wylie play some ball. i feel after their lose last year they'll be back fighting even harder and i totally agree with Supermans statment. i look forward to seeing the dogs this year heading back to state.

Matthew328
07-22-2001, 11:11 PM
No doubt Wylie is the team to beat in Region 1 but I don't think they are gonna be as good as last year's team..I think that team's defense more than anything carried it in the later rounds of the postseason..I do think that Wylie will win Region 1 but whoever wins Region 2 I think can take em this year

bigdawg
07-23-2001, 11:50 PM
I think Wylie has the team to win state. NO DOUBT. They may not have as good of defense this year, but it will be damn good. The offense will definitely carry the team to the championship this year, plus the loss at state last year will pump us up even more. I say Wylie can beat any 3a team in state. We'll see in December.

superman
07-24-2001, 01:15 AM
in my opinion the wylie football loves to have people dislike them and doubt them, because true champions thrive of that and use it to their advantage. that only makes them work even harder. the drive and determination that these guys have is amazing. No team is that state wants it more, a state championship is their prize that must be earned. plus what these guys have is a team. there may be some good football players in a football team but these guys are a team, they work, win, and lose as a team. they help each other when one is down and be happy when one is doing well. they are a well coach team with lots of depth in their roster. their defense will be just as good if not better. state is theirs! teams they play are just in the way of their ultimate goal. all i can really say is that when your football team is done playin, well come see these guys play in DECEMBER

hsguru
07-27-2001, 09:15 PM
What amazes me the most is the work ethic that these guys have. To say they are hungry for a ring is an understatement. The nucleus of the team is spending 3 to 4 hours a day lifting, and another 1 to 2 throwing the ball, running routes, and agility. I can almost guarantee that there arent many other groups in the weightroom ridiculous hours like these kids are.
As far as comparing this team to last years squad I have two ponts to make....
1.) You cant compare them legitimately. Every high school in the state graduates players and there are always question marks for each and every team.
2.) True Wylie lost a ton of talent on defense, but overall they will be a much more athletic bunch. The kids stepping in this year are better athletic wise than the group that graduated. Sure there is no Brent Gailey (THE BEST PLAYER IN 3A LAST YEAR HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!) but no one had any idea that Gailey would be such an impact player. Black he can be replaced athletic wise. Swanson can be replaced athletic wise, Unger well tha wont be easy either, but there will be kids step up that can help and help alot. Do not get me wrong when I say that Swanson and Black can be replaced, because I am a huge fan of both and I think that both will be successful in their collge careers. Lee and Dustin where hoses that proved impossible to stop. Next years group up front will be bigger and maybe stronger, lets just hope they bring the same intensity level that those two brought. Trust me when I tell you though that there will be no lack of desire.