PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boys,Bad Boys,Whatcha Gonna Do?.........

ILS1
05-12-2005, 08:11 PM
By Tony Plohetski

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Thursday, May 12, 2005

If you get stopped by Travis County sheriff's deputies in the next eight weeks, you might see a camera crew not far behind. Beware: You could end up on national television.

Producers of the Fox television show "Cops" — the one with the "Bad boys" theme song — are following deputies through June, shooting footage for their 18th season.

Austin's been popular with reality TV lately. Crews from MTV's "Real World" recently wrapped up production here.

"This is a good way to get some exposure," Sheriff Greg Hamilton said. "It's a chance for us to show how professional we are when we deal with our citizens."

The show, one of the nation's first reality shows when it debuted in 1989, is making its first visit to Austin.

Initially, sheriff's department supervisors are choosing deputies for the crew to follow. But once producers meet other deputies, they will be allowed to select whom they want to film. Residents who end up on camera must sign waivers before their faces are shown.

Hamilton said the department is excited about the national exposure when the undetermined number of episodes air next year.

"It's going to be different having them around," Hamilton said, "just knowing that (deputies') every move could be exposed on national television."

:)

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2005, 08:13 PM
It'd be totally embarrassing to end up on there. :rolleyes: :)

lepfan
05-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It'd be totally embarrassing to end up on there. :rolleyes: :)

Yea, because they usually film the low lifes of America.

ILS1
05-12-2005, 08:19 PM
"It's going to be different having them around," Hamilton said, "just knowing that (deputies') every move could be exposed on national television."

For those who don't know. APD doesn't have a really good relationship right now with the East Side of town.where most of the minorities live.

:eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
For those who don't know. APD doesn't have a really good relationship right now with the East Side of town.where most of the minorities live.

That might just qualify for the understatement of the year. ;)

AggieJohn
05-12-2005, 08:33 PM
well i guess that means i'm going to austin and going streaking!!

lepfan
05-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
well i guess that means i'm going to austin and going streaking!!

Don't be stupid...oh wait sometimes you can't help it. ;)

ILS1
05-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That might just qualify for the understatement of the year. ;)

Yeah,no joke. I was just trying to word it tactfully!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

injuredinmelee
05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

Damn APD they must be busting down on the side of town where SOOOOOOOOOOO much crime occurs.

AggieJohn
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Don't be stupid...oh wait sometimes you can't help it. ;)

it's in the water...what can i say

lepfan
05-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
it's in the water...what can i say

AJ what is with your sig? It is ummmmm, different

AggieJohn
05-13-2005, 01:52 AM
nothing really is up with the sig, it's just an alternate version of creation