PDA

View Full Version : About the D, Slpy

The One
09-24-2002, 10:46 PM
We keep saying that D is improved but not that good. Do you know how many point have been scored against the first team? When you stop and think about it, alot of those points we've given up have come late in games when the first string had already been pulled. My point this should bea good test to see how could the D really is.

PPHSfan
09-24-2002, 10:52 PM
To the ONE and Slpy and the rest of the Bulls, here is the one word I would try and remember to drill into the Defenses heads "L.J. Searcy". Remember this one and the rest should come naturaly. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif

slpybear the bullfan
09-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Yeah, One, I know what you mean. Here are a couple of good points...

I think the team has improved at the three key areas from last year.

D backs are playing well. Love #9 and #28. They are short but play very good.

Backers are just as strong, just hope they can stay healthy, (refer to our PMs).

And best of all, the D-Line has some bigger boys this year.

Compare this to last year... small D line, backfield seemed a lot weaker, and standout job by #44. Yeah, I think it is a better set of kids. Now comes the tough part... Can they keep improving and be ready for Nov. Dec. Ball.... I hope so. As you say, this weekend will be a big test.

You know, that is a pretty interesting post you made. How many points has the first team Defense given up? Let me see if I can calculate that...

1.) Burkburnett - 6 pts.
2.) Mineral Wells - 7 pts.
3.) Pilot Point - 14 pts. (one TD in 1st half off of INT. Last two TDs against subs, is that right ONE?)
4.) Boyd - 0 pts. (with the safety can I call it -2, *grin*).

I guess that adds up to 27 pts. Not a bad record, let's see what they can do on Friday.

slpybear

[This message has been edited by slpybear the bullfan (edited September 24, 2002).]

The One
09-24-2002, 11:05 PM
I am going to give PP some credit here. I was watching that film over the weekend and that score in the 4th (first one), most of the first team was still in the game. So we will say 21 points + the Int TD. I definatley think the D is much better then what everyone including us thinks. I think we will see that on Friday. What type of offense does Gainesville run? Any passing? That sophmore #28 is a dang good back. #14 is too, I wonder if he will play Friday, he sat out against Boyd.

PPHSfan
09-24-2002, 11:05 PM
"Endeavor to persevere"

[This message has been edited by PPHSfan (edited September 26, 2002).]

TwoBRockin
09-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Slpybear I again AGREE with you #9 & #28 are doing a great job.... That #28 is a special number. Remember #28 against Hillsboro last year 2 ints. Oops different person... last years #28 lived in this house. Those guys from last year helped to develope this years team. LET US NOT FORGET!!!! some of those players gone helped to get us where we are today. Be nice......

slpybear the bullfan
09-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by TwoBRockin:
Slpybear I again AGREE with you #9 & #28 are doing a great job.... That #28 is a special number. Remember #28 against Hillsboro last year 2 ints. Oops different person... last years #28 lived in this house. Those guys from last year helped to develope this years team. LET US NOT FORGET!!!! some of those players gone helped to get us where we are today. Be nice......

Sorry 2B, didn't mean to downgrade last years Defense. I think *grin*, no, I know if you ever ran into myself you would find me ALL about compliments to last year's team. They were a special bunch and one that No one in Bulls Land will forget that watched them, (right BullsFan, remember Crane, Kennedale... ahh).

If you get the chance, go back and read some of my posts about last year's defense. I greatly admired their play. They were outmanned against some bigger, faster teams, (insert Commerce reference here), but they kept us in the games because they played tough and with heart. And didn't get near the credit deserved.

I just have seen some things this year as I mentioned about that make me feel this year is a little improved over last year. And as we all keep mentioning on the board, this week will be a true test.

Now... I have to go and look up last year's number 28 so I can add another name and face to my Bridgeport Posters list. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif You may already have guessed who I am.

Good night Bulls Fans, where ever you are.

slpybear

BULLS '89 #70

The One
09-25-2002, 11:18 PM
Any word on the health of our sick defensive player?

TwoBRockin
09-25-2002, 11:27 PM
Went to the Doc and is all better now. will be rested and ready for friday....

BportFan
09-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Do you think Searcy is better than Jeffrey from Crane? I would say no. I hope Bridgeport gang tackles this week? Where is Goolsby when you need him? ha ha!

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the info 2B. He will need to have good health for the Game friday. He will be on his horse all night long.

slpybear

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by BportFan:
Do you think Searcy is better than Jeffrey from Crane?

I think he might be faster, but that kid from Crane was one of the best I have got to watch.

Yeah, Goolsby would fit in rather nicely, *grin*

slpybear

The One
09-25-2002, 11:40 PM
there is no way he is faster or better then Jefferies from Crane, besides I hear Searcy doesnt like to get hit and we know the kid from Crane encouraged it. Bridgeport has seen alot of good backs in recent and they will occasionally give up the big play, but one thing has always prevailed. W at the end of the night.

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by The One:
there is no way he is faster or better then Jefferies from Crane, besides I hear Searcy doesnt like to get hit and we know the kid from Crane encouraged it. Bridgeport has seen alot of good backs in recent and they will occasionally give up the big play, but one thing has always prevailed. W at the end of the night.

hey One, was Crane a Junior last year? I haven't dug up too much on him this year and was wondering if he graduated?

slpybear

The One
09-25-2002, 11:47 PM
He plays for OSU as a freshman.

The One
09-25-2002, 11:48 PM
He was heavily recruited by d01 schools. I know he was much better then the Gainesville kid

BullsFan
09-26-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan:
Sorry 2B, didn't mean to downgrade last years Defense. I think *grin*, no, I know if you ever ran into myself you would find me ALL about compliments to last year's team. They were a special bunch and one that No one in Bulls Land will forget that watched them, (right BullsFan, remember Crane, Kennedale... ahh).

Yes, I remember, slpy. Right now, I'd have to say last year was my fave year ever in Bulls history, and that includes our Cinderella season. HOWEVER, this year could turn out a whole lot better--and I've got my fingers crossed on that one.

Go BULLS!