PDA

View Full Version : Mac3 come on, agree to move T+1 to T+2

AggieJohn
05-12-2005, 02:44 AM
According to aggieathletics.com

One is our annual Thanksgiving break game with Texas. ABC-TV made a proposal to move the game to Saturday prime time, a 7 o'clock kickoff. We had agreed to it, and would still like it. ABC had an announcement prepared.

But, by a Big 12 covenant, it takes both teams to move a conference game to another day. ABC was unable to get our opponent to agree to change. The reasons given to us were that it gives the players a better Thanksgiving arrangement to go home, and it gives an extra day of rest leading up to the conference championship game.

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2005, 05:25 AM
I totally agree with Mack on this one. :eek:

AggieJohn
05-13-2005, 03:37 AM
but man it would give the players a longer turkey break with fam and then they could come back to play a saturday game....the fridya games are so awkward

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
but man it would give the players a longer turkey break with fam and then they could come back to play a saturday game....the fridya games are so awkward

Do the A&M players get to go home for Thursday? I think the UT guys go after the game. Moving the game to Saturday would cut their family time down to Sunday only.

mwynn05
05-13-2005, 07:19 AM
I can't blame Mack, why give aggie fans all day friday to get drunk and rowdy. With and 11 o'clock start they aren't quite as bad.

AggieJohn
05-13-2005, 12:19 PM
eleven o clock start, man it's hard to get up for that game after turkey day, movei t to saturday and make it primetime college football

TheDOCTORdre
05-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Leave it the way it is, its tradition

ILS1
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Leave it the way it is, its tradition

I remember when they used to play on Thanksgiving Night!!! I remember eating Turkey while watching the Cowboys game @ 3 p.m. Once that was over,turn on the Horns/Aggies game!! I miss those days!! :doh:

;) :D

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I remember when they used to play on Thanksgiving Night!!! I remember eating Turkey while watching the Cowboys game @ 3 p.m. Once that was over,turn on the Horns/Aggies game!! I miss those days!! :doh:

;) :D

I remember the first year it was moved to Friday. The place I worked at the time was always open (still is) the day after Thanksgiving. Even though we were in Lubbock and all Tech fans, the ladies in my office were a little ticked. My boss brought a tv so we could watch/listen while we worked.

KTJ
05-13-2005, 01:01 PM
There is no logical reason to move this game to Saturday. If being "primetime" is the reason for the move, then we will gladly pass....the reason being? Well a team would only want the game to go "primetime" for two reasons--1.) exposure and 2.) money. We already get exposure because of who we are and we have a buttload of money. Also, we already have enough "primetime" games on our schedule that get plenty of national exposure.

And if the tables were turned, at UT wanted A&M to move this game to Saturday, I seriously doubt they'd do it for the same reasons Mack doesn't want this deal.

big daddy russ
05-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I can't blame Mack, why give aggie fans all day friday to get drunk and rowdy. With and 11 o'clock start they aren't quite as bad.
Because Aggie fans are the only ones who get drunk and rowdy.

mwynn05
05-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Because Aggie fans are the only ones who get drunk and rowdy. Did I say they were?

Sinton94
05-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Mac is right..........if ABC and the Aggies want Saturday we want Friday, or Thursday or Monday......................!

Rabbit'93
05-13-2005, 01:57 PM
NO MORE aTm / UT PLEASE. YOU GUYS ACT LIKE CHILDREN WHEN IT COMES TO TALKING ABOUT IT.:mad:

AggieJohn
05-14-2005, 03:20 AM
we just don't act civilized, there's a difference