PDA

View Full Version : Urban Math Exam

44INAROW
05-11-2005, 02:46 PM
with all the education posts today, I figured this would fit in appropriately :devil:

THE URBAN HIGH SCHOOL MATH PROFICIENCY EXAM DATE:________

NAME:______________________ GANG NAME:____________

1. LeRoy has an AK-47 with a 30 round clip. He usually misses 6 out of every 10 shots and he uses 13 rounds per drive-by shooting. How many drive-by shootings can LeRoy attempt before he has to reload?
________

2. Dan has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an 8 ball to LeRoy for $320.00 and 2 grams for $85.00 per gram, what is the street value of the rest of his hold? ______

3. LeRoy pimps 3 girls. If the price is $50.00 per trick, how many tricks per day must each girl turn to support LeRoy's $800.00 per day crack habit?
_______

4. LeRoy wants to cut the pound of cocaine be bought for $40,000.00 to make a 20% profit. How many additional ounces of cutting material will he need?
______

5. LeRoy gets $200.00 for a stolen BMW, $150.00 for stealing a Corvette, and $100.00 for a 4X4. If he steals 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes and 3 4X4's, how many more Corvettes must he steal to have $900.00?
______

6. LeRoy got 6 years for murder. He also got $10,000.00 for the hit. If his comm-law wife spends $100.00 of his money per month, how much money will be left when he gets out of prison? ______

Extra credit bonus: How much money will he have left if he subcontracts a hit on his c/l wife while he is in jail, if the hit costs $3,000.00 and takes place after he has been incarcerated for 14 months? ______

7. If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter in a word is 3 square feet, how many letters can be spray painted on the side of a bridge with 3 eight ounce cans of spray paint? ______

Extra cedit bonus: If spay paint cans are $2.95 each or $11.50 for a for a
4-pack. Which is a better deal? a. Buy 4 cans? ____ b. Buy 3 cans? ____
c. Lift them on an as needed, market driven, basis? ____

8. LeRoy knocked-up 3 girls in his gang. There are 27 girls in the gang. What is the exact percentage of girls Johnny knocked up? _____

9. Bernie is a 10 year-old lookout for LeRoy's gang. Bernie has a Boa Constirctor that eats 3 small rats from the corner petstore, per week, at a cost of $5.00 per rat. If Bernie makes $700.00 a week as a lookout,
how many weeks can he feed the Boa on one weeks's income? _____
Does he really need to buy the rats? Yes__ No__

10. LeRoy steals Bernie's skateboard. As LeRoy skates away at
35 mph, Bernie loads his 357 magnum. If it takes Bernie 20 seconds to fully load his magnum, how far away will LeRoy be when he gets whacked? _____

pirate44
05-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Leroy lives a pretty wild life

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2005, 02:53 PM
:D :D :D

Hey, did you notice the trick question?

8. LeRoy knocked-up 3 girls in his gang. There are 27 girls in the gang. What is the exact percentage of girls Johnny knocked up? _____

:confused: :D

TheDOCTORdre
05-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Does he really need to buy the rats? Yes__ No__
All of those cracked me up, but this one made me laugh the hardest for some reason

pirate4state
05-11-2005, 03:11 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
05-11-2005, 03:19 PM
What was LeRoy's grade? :thinking:

44INAROW
05-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What was LeRoy's grade? :thinking:

he was in the 10th grade.. 4 years in a row now :D

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:D :D :D

Hey, did you notice the trick question?

:confused: :D

I didn't notice that originally. You are observant panther fan.
I think the question is indeed a trick one and my guess would be that Johnny is a one woman man and therefore knocked up only one girl. Therefore the percentage is 3.7%. One out of 27.

TheDOCTORdre
05-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I think the question is indeed a trick one and my guess would be that Johnny is a one woman man and therefore knocked up only one girl. Therefore the percentage is 3.7%. One out of 27.
of course this is assuming that the girl Johnny knocked up was from the gang, I dont think Johnny is one to associate with gang members, so the percentage would be 0%

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
of course this is assuming that the girl Johnny knocked up was from the gang, I dont think Johnny is one to associate with gang members, so the percentage would be 0%

Your theory has some merit, Doctor. It seems there's really not enough information given. Even if the girl was in the gang, odds are she slept around. In that case a paternity test would be necessary to verify that Johnny had in fact, done the actual knocking up. If that test was negative for Johnny, the percentage would be zero even if the girl was in the gang.

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

:clap: :clap: :clap:

you guys crack me up! Hooray for Johnny!:D

44INAROW
05-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:clap: :clap: :clap:

you guys crack me up! Hooray for Johnny!:D

lol no joke.. they are putting way too much thought into this :D :D