PDA

View Full Version : higher education????

raider red 2000
05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
New Texas A&M Grant

US world news report

Washington, AP. Report May 11, 2005.
News out of Washington today, the US Government has just announced that it has awarded Texas A&M a research grant of 30 million dollars. The Science and Physics Departments will share this grant.
This grant will allow the University to study the greatest discovery of the 20th century. The university is very excited to receive this grant and will finial be able to do the research that they have so diligently been perusing for the past 30 years.
The professors of Texas A&M University have been seeking the answer to the question, is there artificial intelligence? The Science department believes that they have proof of this phenomena and plan on proofing that it does exist and has for the past thirty years.
Scientists of Texas A&M believe that this phenomena exists in the simple thermos. The Scientist of A&M want to be able to answer the question how does the thermos have the intelligence to know when to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? They contend that the simple thermos has some low level of artificial intelligence.
For more informatiom about this grant and further information about this study please contact Texas A&M University.

raider red 2000
05-11-2005, 02:22 PM
30,000,000.00 to see if a thermos is intelligent. great use of money.

and we are worried about a few illegals in kansas getting a break.

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

I was trying to find an appropriate response without sounding anti-A&M. Thanks for doing it for me.

scrub c
05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
ROTFLMFAO !

that sounds like the study they did at A&M a while back that concluded the 98.6% of all putts left short. . . dont go in.

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I read this and thought it was a joke!:doh:

raider red 2000
05-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
ROTFLMFAO !

that sounds like the study they did at A&M a while back that concluded the 98.6% of all putts left short. . . dont go in.

i guess i havent played enough golf.....every time i leave one short it dosnt go in.

they might wanna check their math :)

scrub c
05-11-2005, 02:43 PM
now you get it. . .

ITS A JOKE

scrub c
05-11-2005, 02:45 PM
peace and chicken grease !!! im out for today

lepfan
05-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I was trying to find an appropriate response without sounding anti-A&M. Thanks for doing it for me.

The heck with not sounding anti-A&M...if this is true then AJ should be VERY HAPPY he transferred!!!!! :rolleyes:

chugbug
05-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Aggies are testimonial to the fact that The Indians and the Buffaloe did get together on the plains on those cold winter nights:eek: :eek: :o :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
Aggies are testimonial to the fact that The Indians and the Buffaloe did get together on the plains on those cold winter nights:eek: :eek: :o :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Will somebody explain to me how a Thermos has A.I.? Isn't it just insulated and helps keep whatever is in there at the same temperature...?

pancho villa
05-12-2005, 08:52 AM
nobody is getting this joke.

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Will somebody explain to me how a Thermos has A.I.? Isn't it just insulated and helps keep whatever is in there at the same temperature...?

Well, in order to understand, you'll have to enroll at A&M in the Science & Physics dept. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-12-2005, 08:55 AM
I didn't really look at it as a joke; I expected nothing less from a bunch of Aggies. :D

Cameronbystander
05-12-2005, 08:56 AM
I think I know why they study this type of thing. I went to the A&M vs Houston baseball game the other night and sat in the student/general admission section. They have some of the silliest customs. They yelled all night at the first base coach to "GET IN THE BOX". This was just one of the many silly things they kept doing over & over & over again.

What about some individuality and free thinking. It was tiresome listening to "Whooooooooooop / whooooooooooooop PICK IT UP" every time a foul ball went up then down the protective fence behind home plate.

But the most annoying thing is that they did not sing "Take me out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch (some customs are good).

A&M needs less silly tradition and more free thinking.

PS: Otherwise I think it is a fine university.

raider red 2000
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM
i dont think that the aggies are dumb for the study. they must have some great grant writers. it is the government that gave em the money.

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Washington, AP. Report May 11, 2005.

This grant will allow the University to study the greatest discovery of the 20th century.

This really cracked me up. :D

lepfan
05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
i dont think that the aggies are dumb for the study. they must have some great grant writers. it is the government that gave em the money.

You hit the nail on the head!!!! Who wouldn't take the grant money for such a frivilous study? Easy money....and you look busy in the process. It is the government that is to blame on this one...they could have used this money sayyyyyyyyy.....giving a few more illegal immigrants a college education. (While regular law abiding citizens are unable to afford college)

AggieJohn
05-12-2005, 12:36 PM

we bring in money for the weirdest things, we just cloned a horse the other day

lepfan
05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
we just cloned a horse the other day

Why clone? What happened to plain ol' breeding?