PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Barbers Hill..

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Is there a good place to eat anywhere near the school?
We have a softball game there Friday and Saturday. Thanks!!:)

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 10:24 AM
ok...so the Barbers hill post went three pages last week with intricate discussions of housing developments and population numbers..yet nobody has ever ate a decent hamburger there that posts on this board? Hmmm..
or maybe..I just haven't learned to ask the right questions yet...
or maybe I just have the wrong Pirate name...;)
ok..I give up..

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 10:27 AM
i'm not familiar with Barbers Hill area. Maybe construction companies are too busy building houses to build any restaurants, but good luck in your search.

wildkat0507
05-11-2005, 10:32 AM
if you go down a ways there is a place called Iguana Joes. great place. every time i come down i eat there.

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 10:35 AM
If you do ever come through Bellville though, etexpirate, we now have three (3) Mexican restaurants, a Chinese restaurant, 2 steakhouses, pizza parlor and a couple hamburger joints (in additon to a dairy queen, sonic and a few other places that serve food).
Plenty of places to eat, but not a lot of home building going on.

spiveyrat
05-11-2005, 10:43 AM
try here...

http://image.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPData=Y42hMfhyzy3OVnPYovGRsNnpDeNn55F.a CXMkqRT3tZ1Nv019pQBWWd_a0mzR.eW99E0ih3TldbikznSPsx 2IeKXSiMsbDz_biPva_AJHX8T7CWg6hvWVHTPExQHj7Ql

I can't get it to work. Go to Yahoo Maps and type in Mont Belvieu, Tx and click on restaurants and then click all and it will pull up a map of choices for you. Just roll your cursor over the dots on the map and it will tell you what it is.

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the Iguana Joe tip wildcat...

BTEXDAD...I come through Bellville alot going to Rodeo's..good to know those places are there.. do you have a fav?? I love Dairy Queen though...she really make a good burger..

I was trying to scope out a place in BH for the girls and or parents to eat at on Saturday after we win our game!!
:D

Old Cardinal
05-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi, I would suggest the Baytown Seafood restaurant over there. It is reasonable and very good seafood. I know that you Shepherd folks get to eat plenty of prime homegrown Texas beef:D --so a little seafood might be a good change.

I too am looking forward to some of the greatest 3A softball when Shepherd and Bridge City meet in a great set of contest.
Both teams have beat some good teams to reach this point.

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks OC.. But us "beef" eaters couldn't be caught eating seafood... lol..
The game will hopefully be a great one.. Looking forward to it!
Enjoyed meeting you guys at Jasper!! That was fun!

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 11:25 AM
good luck to both BC and Shepard. Lots of good softball going on this week.

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Are girls staying over somewhere friday nite? I jsut saw that second game of your series starts 10:00 a.m. saturday.

Can you tell me something about your teams, oldCardinal and etexpirate? All I remember about BC is the Godwin girl and I don't know anything about shepard.

falcons79
05-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
if you go down a ways there is a place called Iguana Joes. great place. every time i come down i eat there.

Iguana Joes is good, but it is in Crosby, still alittle ways to Barbers Hill. Just down the road from Barbers Hill High School is I-10 and Baytown, lots of places to eat there.

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by falcons79
Iguana Joes is good, but it is in Crosby, still alittle ways to Barbers Hill. Just down the road from Barbers Hill High School is I-10 and Baytown, lots of places to eat there.
Unfortuanately we are the opposite direction from all of those places.. We live in the boonies!;)
We had a Dairy Queen and were living large...but they tore it down to build the overpass...:rolleyes:

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Are girls staying over somewhere friday nite? I jsut saw that second game of your series starts 10:00 a.m. saturday.

Can you tell me something about your teams, oldCardinal and etexpirate? All I remember about BC is the Godwin girl and I don't know anything about shepard.
No..we are not staying as a team.. My daughter is staying in Kemah so as to get an couple of more hours sleep.. It's about an hour and 1/2 drive....for both teams I think..
It's a beautiful field and I appreciate Coach Hall for allowing us to play there..
If you guys weren't also playing friday night I would encourage you to come.. It will be a great game!

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
If you guys weren't also playing friday night I would encourage you to come.. It will be a great game!

Hopefully we will continue winning, but I love softball and will certainly continue to make games even if we lose.

Our La Grange/Bellville matchup should be fun. From little league, ASA, babe ruth and so on, girls know each other really well. They've played against each other a lot as well as sometimes with each other on various teams. Parents know each other well also, and there will be renewing of friendships early in first game, but after a few innings the competitive fires will come out until series is over. Sometimes it's easier to get a team fired up playing someone they don't know.

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Well that would be the case with BC and Shepherd..though my Daughter has seen some of the BC girls at tournaments during travel ball.
We have 4 girls off of her current travel team in the playoffs.. Which is kinda cool for us..but bad for the travel team as 3 of them are the pitchers.
I think it's way cool when girls play together that long.. That's one of the things that makes Splendora's team so tightly knit...along with great coaching by Val Weldon.
Good luck to you guys Friday!

shellman54
05-11-2005, 01:32 PM

no, there is an iguana joes in mont belvieu, it is on 146 close to I-10 on the north side.

hsfootballrules
05-11-2005, 01:32 PM
there is a Iguana Joes in Barbers Hill it is on 146

eagle.eyes
05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Falcon, u don't get out of Huffman much do you? There are actually 3 of them, North Shore, Crosby and BH.

scrub c
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
to my knowledge, there is no place close to the actual school itself.

you will have to go with somebody with "local knowledge" on this one

BTEXDAD
05-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Just curious, what is the cuisine at Iguana Jones.
Sounds like interesting place. Is there a specific decorated motif since there are several?

pixie06
05-11-2005, 03:41 PM
ok, i go to Barbers Hill and we have....fro fast food there's:DQ, mcdonalds,and jack in the box on 146 just off of i-10....then also off of 1-10 there's an iquana joes (like everyone has been leting you about) and baytown sea food. and if your a real beef eater and you got enough time theres Toys its great BBQ.

falcons79
05-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Falcon, u don't get out of Huffman much do you? There are actually 3 of them, North Shore, Crosby and BH.

Your right, I live in huffman, work in Kingwood and shop in Humble or the Woodlands, don't spend much time that side of town. Now that my kid is graduating it will be several years before I see Barbers Hill again. I will be going to Austin for the first time this weekend, to see my son throw at the state track meet..thirty years in texas and never been to Austin, sad...

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Maybe there's an Iguana Joe's there??;)

Panther Ross
05-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Most definitely Iguana Joe's.

Old Cardinal
05-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi Panther Ross--I was wondering if your ankle problem healed up OK.

neck_94
05-12-2005, 08:12 AM
I will be going to Austin for the first time this weekend, to see my son throw at the state track meet..thirty years in texas and never been to Austin, sad...

Awesome!

I hope he does well. . .

You owe it to yourself to go to Shultz's Beer Garden. (if for no other reason, just to say you have been there)

scrub c
05-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Heck Yeah !

Shultz's is pretty cool place to be on Friday night of the state track meet.