PDA

View Full Version : Roling Stones to tour again

pirate44
05-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Mick and the gang announce a world tour. i wonder if they have a ticket price discount for senior citizens.

http://www.drudgereport.com/mick.jpg

May 10, 2005, 4:10 PM EDT

To the tune of "Start Me Up," the Rolling Stones played an energetic, three-song set on a stage outside The Juilliard School in Manhattan yesterday to announce their 2005 world tour.

The set also featured a new song, "Oh No, Not You Again" and ended with "Brown Sugar."

The year-long tour begins Aug. 21 in Boston and comes to the New York area Sept. 15 at Giants Stadium. Tickets for that show go on sale May 23 through Ticketmaster. Dates at smaller theaters and clubs are also planned. Prices will be about 10% higher than the previous tour in 2002, said tour promoter Michael Cohl, ranging from $99 to $110.

One new wrinkle: On-stage seating for about 400 people at each stadium show. Some of those seats can be won through Rolling Stones fan club contests, according to the band's website.

Yesterday's mini-performance may have been The Stones' answer to U2, which announced its recent tour with a much-publicized show under the Brooklyn Bridge. The Juilliard show marked the first time the band performed at a press event since 1975, when they played "Brown Sugar" on a flatbed truck on Fifth Avenue.

After the performance, singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards, both 61, joined drummer Charlie Watts, 63, and guitarist Ron Wood, 57, to answer questions. Jagger said the band will "dig into the catalogue" for this tour and also play songs from its upcoming album.

Jagger wouldn't say whether this would be the band's final tour. "We take every tour as it comes," he said.

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2005, 07:25 AM
:eek: :eek: Now, I've never thought Mick as being remotely attractive, but good grief! That is an awful picture!

Trivia: When the Stones were born, FDR was president & gas was $.17/gallon. The scary thing is, I remember gas at that price.

pirate44
05-11-2005, 07:26 AM
it looks like he's singing the Village People's "Y-M-C-A"

spiveyrat
05-11-2005, 07:30 AM
The Wrinkles and Walkers Tour

pirate44
05-11-2005, 07:44 AM
i could never figure out the draw the Stones get. not to upset anyone, but they are the most mediocre success story i have ever seen. i cant understand it. i prefer hearing fingernails on a chalkboard to Mick Jagger singing.

Phil C
05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Nick Jagger is not only a great singer but a great actor. He was magnificient in the movie Freejack with Emilio Esteves. Many people thought he should have won the best supporting actor oscar.

BullFrog Dad
05-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
The Wrinkles and Walkers Tour LOL! One thing I'll say about Mick is that it's amazing how he moves around during a concert at his age. He must have led a healthy life.

Bandera YaYa
05-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Heck, I'd buy a ticket.......wonder if he's coming to SA or Austin???? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Heck, I'd buy a ticket.......wonder if he's coming to SA or Austin???? :thinking:

Not Austin....don't know about SA.

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

Me too..I wouldn't mind seeing them before one of them dies.;)

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2005, 09:51 AM
From the Canadian Press:

Jagger said the setup for the tour will include seating for about 400 spectators on the actual stage, behind the performers.

"You'll get a great view of our bums," he said of the seating arrangement. "So we'll have to work on them a bit."

:eek: I want to see them, but maybe not that well!:D

JHS_c/o_06'
05-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I cant wait, ive wanted to see the stones for a long time but never have been able too.