PDA

View Full Version : Wharton beats Kingsville (4a)

District303aPastPlayer
12-05-2003, 09:49 AM
In the 20th Annual Wendy's Pride of Texas Tournament, 3A Wharton beat 4A HM King from Kingsville in a good game.

Just out of curiousity, what did kellen heard play in football?

whtfbplaya
12-05-2003, 11:12 AM
off. and def. tackle and sometimes fb.

District303aPastPlayer
12-05-2003, 11:51 PM
In other related news, a Wharton Basketball player won the Slam Dunk Contest...
His winning dunk was having Kellen Heard sit down in a chair, and he took off from about the middle to back 1/4 of the key (nearest to the freethrow line) and he sailed over him, hitting the dunk...
Needless to say, seeing this from a High School student is amazing.

htownfbman
12-06-2003, 12:15 AM
what was the name of the wharton player who won?

therealbulldogs
12-06-2003, 12:20 AM
District303aPastPlayer:
In other related news, a Wharton Basketball player won the Slam Dunk Contest...
His winning dunk was having Kellen Heard sit down in a chair, and he took off from about the middle to back 1/4 of the key (nearest to the freethrow line) and he sailed over him, hitting the dunk...
Needless to say, seeing this from a High School student is amazing.Now that's just awesome! In 2000 Bandera went 30-3 and the shortest starter was 6'4. I loved to watch warmups because it was just like a dunk contest.

District303aPastPlayer
12-06-2003, 01:01 AM
i believe the players name was Demestrius
By the way, he is shorter than Kellen. I believe that he is about 5'11 or 6'

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
12-06-2003, 10:32 AM
The 20th Annual Pride of Texas Tournament Continues on today with our sole remaining 3A representative, Wharton, playing at least 2 games. I believe they are in the winners bracket... The field of teams is comprised of 2-3A, and 14 4a and 5a schools. for wharton to be in the winners bracket is very very impressive.

Go Tigers!

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
12-06-2003, 10:47 AM
I would be willing to bet the players name was Demetrice Doggins. He is 6'3" and he has tremendous vertical jump. He was the district MVP last year for district 28-3A. Extremely talented kid. He also is one hell of a wide reciever. He was the one who caught that 92 yard TD against Burnet. He caught it over the middle at the 20 and raced 80 yards leaving the Burnet boys in the dust. It was his first starting at wide reciever. Loads of talent.

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
12-06-2003, 10:52 AM
correction. it was Doggins first yr starting at wide reciever. Also Kellen Heard is a darn good player too. Believe it or not but he can hit the 3 point shot consistently. I believe the tiger basketball team will roll this yr. Still pulling for Burnet Bulldogs to win state title this yr in football. Hammer Jasper!

District303aPastPlayer
12-06-2003, 10:46 PM
The WInner of the 20th P.o.T. sponsored by Wendy's is Moody High School. They came back from a 20 pt deficit to defeat the Killen Shoemaker Grey Wolves in what was said to be a great game. And Demetrice Doggins is the player that won the dunk contest. i was told by Kellen and some of the other players, while i was at mcdonalds, that Demetrice is going to North Carolina to play basketball...
Good Luck to Wharton this year, and Demetrice at UNC. GO Heels, Go Tigers, and GO PIRATES!

BU97
12-07-2003, 10:18 PM
I think that Kellen was pulling your leg about UNC, I think that Demestrice has been offered a fb scholarship to Blinn, don't know how much bkb attevtion he is getting as of now, but I know that the football coaches that have come by have really been impressed.