PDA

View Full Version : sorry ladies

pirate44
05-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Renee Zellweger, Kenny Chesney tie knot

By MAT PROBASCO
Associated Press Writer

CRUZ BAY, U.S. Virgin Islands (AP) -- Actress Renee Zellweger, who played the lovelorn title character in "Bridget Jones's Diary," was married Monday to country music star Kenny Chesney in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The ceremony took place in front of close friends and family, Los Angeles-based publicist Nanci Ryder said in a statement. It is the first marriage for both.

The bride wore a dress designed by Carolina Herrera, she added.

Chesney, 37, grew up in east Tennessee and now lives on the island of St. John, while Zellweger, who turned 36 two weeks ago, is from Katy, Texas.

The couple met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated television news magazine "The Insider" reported.

The tiny island of St. John, population 5,000, is more than two-thirds national park and is known for its hiking, pristine beaches and tranquility. It also has an underwater snorkeling trail.

The wedding reception was held Monday night at Chesney's house in the gated community of Peter Bay, on the north side of the island. Guests could be seen milling around a garden where there was an outdoor buffet and light music playing.

The couple and about 45 guests gathered Sunday night at Rhumb Lines restaurant in downtown Cruz Bay, the main town on the island, according to restaurant employees.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar for "Cold Mountain." She was nominated for Oscars for her work in "Chicago" and "Bridget Jones's Diary."

Chesney currently has two albums on Billboard's top 10 country albums chart, and his single "Anything But Mine" is No. 6 on the magazine's hot country songs list.

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, while his "When The Sun Goes Down" was named album of the year. Other of his hits include "Me and You" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

According to Country Weekly magazine, Chesney long ago named Zellweger as his favorite actress and was inspired to write his 1999 hit "You Had Me From Hello" after seeing her in "Jerry Maguire."

Zellweger appeared at a recent Chesney concert in Jacksonsville, Fla., presenting him with a margarita and a kiss on stage, Country Weekly magazine reported.

Zellweger has dated White Stripes singer Jack White and "Me, Myself & Irene" co-star Jim Carrey.

CHS_CG
05-10-2005, 07:18 AM
i for one think this is crap!:( :mad: wonder how long it will last.

HighSchool Fan
05-10-2005, 07:22 AM
i wonder if this will interfere with kenny's and tim's relationship??

HaHa, just trying to get your women riled up. :p :p

pirate44
05-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan

ROFL. :clap: that should get SPF25 riled up. :D

CHS_CG
05-10-2005, 07:36 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: KIDS:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ur just jealous Kenny is hotter than you guys!

pirate44
05-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: KIDS:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ur just jealous Kenny is hotter than you guys!
you're the one upset that he would marry someone as ugly, unsuccesful and undesirable as Renee Zelweger.:rolleyes:

CHS_CG
05-10-2005, 08:03 AM
maybe shes just good at other things...

I still think its crap though!:D

pirate44
05-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
maybe shes just good at other things...

I still think its crap though!:D
i hear she bakes a mean souffle ;)

SPF25
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM

I bet Faith Hill is happy she can have her hubby back. lol
I think its cool Kenny and Renee got married great singer and great actress. Best of Luck!!

Bull's-eye
05-10-2005, 12:35 PM
A friend of mine went to school with Renee. He said she was a cheerleader at Katy High School. Another friend had Faith Hill sing at her wedding. This was before Faith became a big star. She was attractive, but not as hot as she is now.

HighSchool Fan
05-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
I bet Faith Hill is happy she can have her hubby back. lol

ROFLMBO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Hearts are breaking all over the world...mine included... :( :weeping: :weeping: :crying:

AP Panther Fan
05-10-2005, 02:34 PM
I think my son has tickets to see Kenny this weekend in Houston.

Hmmmm....short honeymoon? or no concert? or bad information from my son?;)

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Just broke the news to my daughter.......you should have heard her!!!!!!...Renee.....you are a marked woman!!!!! LOL !! :eek: :eek:

AggieJohn
05-10-2005, 11:32 PM
i didn't know renee was from katy!!!

Bull's-eye
05-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i didn't know renee was from katy!!!

I talked to my friend today, he said he actually dated her once.