PDA

View Full Version : What is the PSN Texas Baseball 3A Poll?

Old Cardinal
05-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I saw a poll listed that I am not familiar with -----

#1 Carthage
#2 Falfurrias
#3 Bridge City
#4 Yoakum
#5 Lufkin Hudson
Now that same poll has Columbus at #6: personally I think they, Palestine, WO-S and Barbers Hill are as good as any of the above.

Holmes_Fans
05-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Did you make that poll and just forget about it?

Old Cardinal
05-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I see they have a poll for 4A also and Forney is not on it--could you be bitter again LOL?

Hupernikomen
05-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I saw a poll listed that I am not familiar with -----

#1 Carthage
#2 Falfurrias
#3 Bridge City
#4 Yoakum
#5 Lufkin Hudson
Now that same poll has Columbus at #6: personally I think they, Palestine, WO-S and Barbers Hill are as good as any of the above.

You really think BH is that good this year? I have seen them play and they can hit the ball as usual but the defense and pitching is not what I have seen from them in the recent past.

Holmes_Fans
05-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I see they have a poll for 4A also and Forney is not on it--could you be bitter again LOL?
Seeing how Forney returned the same team as last year only losing our 2 best pitcers, came in 2nd in one of the hardest districts for babeball. Are in the 2nd round of the 4A playoffs. No I'm not bitter.

Old Cardinal
05-10-2005, 03:42 AM
All joking aside Forney ought to be rated! ....On the question of BH. they are kind of like Hamshire-Fannett in years past they can put a whole new team on the field come playoff time.
I think that there actually is a lot of balance in 3A baseball this year. There are a bunch of good teams down south and the south plains of TX has a lot of good teams.
Hey, Holmes, if you don't like that Poll try the Houston Chronicle Poll--they have BCs baseball team rated as #1.
That is something for these kids down here to be proud of: the Girls Softball team is #1 and the boys BB team is #1 even it it is done by someone outside of the Dallas Morning News sportswriters.:p

g$$
05-10-2005, 04:27 AM
Premier Sports Network, that is their poll. Don't know much else about them. I personally take all ratings with a grain of salt. Lots of it depends on name & past accomplishments. And who truly has seen every team play?? That is why you play the games in my opinion. This time of year everyone has a clean slate. Good luck to everyone.

Pball
05-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Lufkin Hudson is dominating....They have great pitching and can score alot of runs....WOS will have their hands full with this team

Etexpirate
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
how do I find the softball poll?

Holmes_Fans
05-11-2005, 04:22 PM
OC post the 4a poll

Old Cardinal
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
On the boys Poll, go to Google search engine and enter Texas High School Coaches Association. On the girls its--Texas Girls Coaches Association. Just navigate around on each: 1A thru 5A....Also use UIL Athletics for bracket update as games are played.....Hope this helps

Etexpirate
05-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Ok.. I've seen that poll.. They quit updating the girls on april 26. But I don't understand those polls at all.. We beat several of those teams ranked above us.. 1 of those teams we beat 3 different times..:rolleyes:

Old Cardinal
05-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I am just curious as to who on that list of twenty softball teams you have lost a game to and also who have you beaten on that list?
The Shepherd team probably stayed "under the radar" throughout the season and was just not recognized until the playoff win over Barbers Hill.
I don't know the answer about the polls but if your team has been in the playoffs for a number of years folks come to recognize that there is a good possibility that by seasons' end those teams are usually ready to do a good job in postseason. Shepherd is one of the premier teams in the playoffs in my opinion. A lot goes into Poll thoughts, such as, "Have they played an almost all 4A & 5A upgraded schedule in preseason and beyond besides an overpowering showing in their District?"

I am really curious to hear how you did against the other top twenty teams played that are rated on the Coaches poll.

Old Cardinal
05-12-2005, 05:07 PM
ttt

Holmes_Fans
05-12-2005, 05:40 PM
can you post the 4a poll?

Old Cardinal
05-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Holmes, here it is--1. Waco Midway 2. Nederland 3. Arlington Heights 4. Calallen 5. Boerne 6. Highland Park 7. Kilgore 8. Montgomery 9. Dripping Springs 10. Pampa 11. Texas City 12. Wichita Falls Rider 13. FORNEY 14. Lubbock Estacedo 15. Medina Valley 16 Fort Worth Brewer 17 Corsicana 18 Port Neches-Groves 19 Robstown 20. Brenham

Hope this helps.....