PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen is whining...

Maroon87
05-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Great player. Big wuss.

Story Tools: Print Email
T.A. BADGER / Associated Press
Posted: 12 minutes ago

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Ray Allen thinks Bruce Bowen uses his hands too much on defense and the Seattle guard doesn't appreciate the way his San Antonio counterpart jostles him on the way up the court.

"We've all seen what he does out there on the basketball floor," Allen said Monday.

Allen will be a game-time decision for Game 2 of Seattle's Western Conference playoff series against San Antonio on Tuesday night after spraining his ankle in the Spurs' 103-81 win in Game 1. And while Allen wouldn't come out and directly blame Bowen for the injury, his frustration with the physical style of play was apparent.

"It's the way he rides me the whole way down the floor. It's possible that's the reason (for the injury)," Allen said. "That was the second time I went to the hole and both times he was grabbing me ... The second time, I twisted my ankle."

Asked why he thinks Bowen plays the way he does, Allen said he didn't know.

"It would be like me asking Shaq why he dunks all the time," he said. "I guess somebody likes it."

Allen didn't accuse Bowen of tripping him or shoving him as he drove to the basket. In fact, he told reporters Monday that he hadn't yet seen video of the play.

Spurs spokesman Tom James said the team would not respond to Allen's comments about Bowen, who was the runner-up to Detroit's Ben Wallace for the defensive player of the year.

Allen wasn't the only player hobbled in the first game.

Seattle coach Nate McMillan said reserve Vladimir Radmanovic would likely miss the rest of the series after spraining his right ankle less than a minute before Allen got hurt.

Radmanovic, valued for his perimeter shooting, rolled his ankle while defending Brent Barry and had to be carried from the court by teammates.

"There's a lot of swelling," McMillan said. "He turned it pretty good."

Radmanovic had a stress fracture in his lower right leg in March and missed the final 19 games of the regular season. He played in all five first-round games against the Sacramento Kings, averaging 6.4 points and 3.6 rebounds.

San Antonio led by 15 when Allen fell to the floor while driving to the basket with about eight minutes left in the first half. The Spurs then went on a 17-2 run to build their lead to 58-28 before the break.

Allen, who on Monday wore an elastic bandage around the ankle, said he wanted to stay in the game.

"My idea was to get taped and get back on the floor," he said. "I guess my ankle had other plans."

McMillan said Allen would have therapy on the injured ankle Monday and Tuesday. Allen called the swelling "very minor," but walked with a slight limp.

I'm going to try to proceed as if I'm going to play," Allen said. "If (the ankle) tells me otherwise, I have to listen to it."

Not having Allen would be a serious blow to the Sonics. The Spurs have won five straight playoff games after losing to Denver in its first-round opener.

Seattle went 2-2 without Allen during the regular season. One of the losses came at home to the Spurs in late January.

"He means to them what Timmy (Duncan) means to us or Steve Nash means to Phoenix or Kevin Garnett means to Minnesota," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

If Allen can't play Tuesday, McMillan said, Seattle will try to get the ball more to Rashard Lewis, a 6-foot-10 forward who can drive to the basket and was also among the NBA's top 3-point shooters this season.

"We've got to play with confidence, we've got to play with energy," McMillan said.

Allen said the Sonics have what it takes to win without him.

"Bad things happen to teams all year," he said. "The teams that are the most successful are the ones that stand up when bad things happen."

HighSchool Fan
05-09-2005, 05:17 PM
i wonder if he is any kin to van gundy

Gobbla2001
05-09-2005, 05:23 PM
So I guess Ray Allen didn't push Bowen to the floor early in the first quarter when he got whistled... hmmmm

Ray Allen... Go back to Milwaukee so we don't have to hear your crying anymore...

Was Bowen the cause of the ankle injury? I believe he was... In a round-about way, that is... like him playing such good defense that Allen had to work harder to make a shot, messing up his ankle in the process....

Stuff doesn't come easy down Texas way, Cry Allen...

What's really funny is that Allen is gunna keep building this whole 'Ray Allen/Bruce Bowen' thing up, and all that Bowen is gunna do is tighten up on him...

Then when Ray Allen gets frustrated and decks Bowen in the face, Bowen's gunna walk away, laugh, and watch Allen sit his cryin' arse on the bench the rest of the series... or should I say, the rest of the 'their' season...

We're Back
05-09-2005, 05:41 PM
someone needs to tell this Ray Allen character to shut his mouth because admitting to Bruce Bowen that he is in your head is just downright stupid. Now Bruce will take this and just play him tighter and keep laughing at him, look what happened to Carmelo he was basically a spectator against the Spurs. Ray Allen needs to shut his mouth and play basketball, if he doesn't like Bowen being physical then he needs to take up gymnastics or tennis.

Bandera YaYa
05-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww........I've got a big chunk of stinky cheese to go with his whine!!!!! Wuss!!

GOSPURSGOSPURSGOSPURSGOSPURSGO
:hand:

We're Back
05-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Awwwwwwwwwww........I've got a big chunk of stinky cheese to go with his whine!!!!! Wuss!! :hand:

lol good one!!!!!:D

AggieJohn
05-09-2005, 05:56 PM
don't make fun of jesus

Gobbla2001
05-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
don't make fun of jesus

HA... I gotta hand it to you.... nice one

gobbler grad
05-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Ray Allen is a big cry baby...I hope Bowen dawgs him the whole series..:tongue:

Bandera YaYa
05-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Ray Allen is a big cry baby...I hope Bowen dawgs him the whole series..:tongue: ...and buries the ole' bonehead under the mighty oak tree !!! :p :D

AggieJohn
05-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
HA... I gotta hand it to you.... nice one

that's two for me today

tmac
05-10-2005, 11:12 AM
i dont like his whining but if dallas wants a shot there cant be san antonio,so i hope seattle tears sa a new one

TheDOCTORdre
05-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by tmac
i dont like his whining but if dallas wants a shot there cant be san antonio,so i hope seattle tears sa a new one
If Dallas really wants a shot they gotta put on a better show than what they did last night

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by tmac
i dont like his whining but if dallas wants a shot there cant be san antonio,so i hope seattle tears sa a new one Ha....well, there WILL be san antonio.....sweep sweep....hehe

rhs78
05-10-2005, 02:00 PM
All i can say to Ray Whinner Allen is 1-0, they were down at least 15 when he went down, and Bowen will keep playing you tough.

GO SPURS

tmac
05-11-2005, 01:03 PM
yeah hope tonights game is better dre