PDA

View Full Version : Vote at Wilmer-Hutchins fails

Matthew328
05-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Voters overwhelmingly shot down a proposal to increase the tax cap and keep the extra-cirrucular activities at the school going..it looks now as if all non-essential activities at the school will be no more....the possibility is that the district could be absorded by Dallas ISD, Lancaster and Ferris...

If the district stays open but with no extra-cirricular activities the athletes could be granted a special waiver by the UIL to attend other schools and play sports....the UIL could let the players choose the school they could attend..most would likely attend Dallas Carter, Dallas Smith or Lancaster..or send the players to the closest other high school based on where they live..likely what would happen any Hutch students who live north of I-20 would be sent to Dallas Smith (this is where a large majority of Hutch students live) anything south of I-20 to Beltline Rd and from I-45 west to Lancaster Rd would be sent to Lancaster..and a small area just north of Cedar Valley College north of I-20..Ferris would get everything south of Beltline to the Ellis County line...this is the scenario that makes the most sense...however with this situation you never know...the possibility also exists that the UIL would not grant waivers for any Hutch athlete who does transfer...which in my opinion would be a sad event

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/local/stories/050805dnmetwilmer.8782b882.html

kaorder1999
05-09-2005, 01:33 PM
note to self: cancel interview at Wilmer hutchins.....

just kidding