PDA

View Full Version : District 30-3a Baseball

AP Panther Fan
05-09-2005, 09:04 AM
MikeCheck ... Just curious about how the Mathis Boys are doing. I read they won their game Friday night, any more news? The UIL website seems to be slow in updating...:(

Phil C
05-09-2005, 09:07 AM
They are slow. I guess they want to post where the next games are before they post. Should be updated today.

pirate4state
05-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
MikeCheck ... Just curious about how the Mathis Boys are doing. I read they won their game Friday night, any more news? The UIL website seems to be slow in updating...:( AP Mathis won their series. :clap: Don't have any word yet on when the Sinton Pirates play. :confused: :( Do you have any info on AP's next series??

AP Panther Fan
05-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Great news, glad to hear Mathis won!:D

As for AP, not sure other than we will be playing Port Isabel. As we discussed Friday, I am hoping it will be in Kingsville.

Be sure to keep us posted on the Sinton schedule also! Do you know who you will be playing?

Phil C
05-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Sinton plays the winner of Zapata vs Hidalgo game and I don't know which one even won. :(

pirate4state
05-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sinton plays the winner of Zapata vs Hidalgo game and I don't know which one even won. :( FINALLY!!! At least we'll know who we are playing, just don't know when & where!

From the mysanantonio website:

CLASS 3A

Sweeny vs. Luling, best of three, Sweeny 8, Luling 0; Sweeny 8, Luling 3; Sweeny vs. La Vernia.

Liberty Hill vs. Poteet, best of three, Poteet 5, Liberty 4; Liberty Hill 6, Poteet 2; Liberty Hill 8, Poteet 2; Liberty Hill vs. Yoakum in best of three series at 7:30 p.m. Thursday; 7:30 p.m. Friday; and 2 p.m. Saturday, if nec., all at Smithville.

Hondo vs. Aransas Pass, one game, Aransas Pass 4, Hondo 1; Aransas Pass vs. Port Isabel.

Zapata vs. Hidalgo, best of three, Zapata 6, Hidalgo 4; Hidalgo 7, Zapata 5; Hidalgo 4, Zapata 3; Hidalgo vs. Sinton.

Wharton vs. Hallettsville, best of three, Wharton 4, Hallettsville 1; Hallettsville 6, Whaton 5; Hallettsville 5, Wharton 4 (nine innings); Hallettsville vs. Wimberley in best of three series at 7:30 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday, DH, if nec., all at Bastrop.

Llano vs. Marion, best-of-three — Llano 5, Marion 4; Llano 6, Marion 2; Llano vs. Columbia.

Carrizo Springs vs. Mathis, best of three, Mathis 7, Carrizo Springs 0; Mathis 11, Carrizo Springs 1; Mathis vs. Falfurrias.

CC West Oso vs. Pharr Valley View, one game, Valley View 4, CC West Oso 3; Pharr Valley View vs. Devine.

AP Panther Fan
05-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Good job....I had been looking in the Valley newspapers and couldn't find anything.:rolleyes: :D

Phil C
05-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Ray is slipping on the job there. :D

mikecheck
05-09-2005, 11:39 AM
The scenario was last Thursday night at the Devine-Raymondville game was the Mathis AD anticipating a Mathis win would play Fal. Now the site was very tentative, but there had been an offer made to play at Whataburger Field, but that was very iffy. Haven't heard any more. I read somewhere that some other high school is playing out there also. I would love to see our guys out there but Fal is very tough. They still have that lefty that beat us last year and I think again earlier this year. The bats came around Friday and Saturday as our starting freshman hit a homerun in the first game and followed up with a grand slam Saturday. Really good kid. Was moved up from JV during football when our middle linebacker got hurt and started the rest of the season. See AP I new you guys could do it. Keep on keeping on.

AP Panther Fan
05-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks Mike and keep us posted on your schedule...sounds like Saturday was an exciting game...Grand Slam:eek: :thumbsup:

mikecheck
05-10-2005, 08:20 AM
According to Corpus paper, Mathis vs Fal Friday at Fairground field in Robstown, Game two at Whataburger field Saturday at four with possible game to follow. Two other teams will be playing at Whataburger field. GP Friday at 5, Carroll at 8, and Sat. Carroll at 1.