PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars - Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

spiveyrat
05-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Comes out in 10 days... Do you have your tickets yet? I got mine Friday. Woohoo!!! :clap:

pirate44
05-09-2005, 07:35 AM
hmm..when is the movie released to the dollar cinema theaters?

spiveyrat
05-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
hmm..when is the movie released to the dollar cinema theaters?

You got a new job... surely you got a raise, right? ;)

pirate44
05-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You got a new job... surely you got a raise, right? ;)
yeah, but with a one year old who has never been to a theater, i might not feel so guilty if i has to leave shortly after it starts. ya never know.

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't think hubby has gotten tickets yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. He isn't very happy with the choice of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader, because he "doesn't look the part". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Of course, when I asked him what Darth Vader is supposed to look like, the response was "I don't know....just not like that". :thinking:

Phil C
05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
"You mean they are still having those? Man that is like the soap operas on tv that never end. :D

venomous tat2
05-09-2005, 08:34 AM
I can't wait, I am a big Star Wars fan got all of the dvd's, now I just need Episode III and my set will be complete " may the force be with you ". :D

pirate4state
05-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't think hubby has gotten tickets yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. He isn't very happy with the choice of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader, because he "doesn't look the part". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Of course, when I asked him what Darth Vader is supposed to look like, the response was "I don't know....just not like that". :thinking: I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but I am a big fan of movies so I'll probably go watch. :nerd: Anyway, I agree with your husband. Hayden does not have the "right" look to be Darth Vader. They needed to cast someone with more screen presense. :thinking: The guy that plays Lex Luther on Smallville would have been good in this role!! :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
05-09-2005, 09:58 AM
This movie is sooooooooooo going to rock out. i believe i am going to the midnight showing... they have ALOT of ground to cover from Attack of the Clones to get to A New Hope... the transformation looks good... but that one line stays stuck in my head... "You were the chosen one!"

TheDOCTORdre
05-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Episode 3 is gonna awesome. I cant wait to watch it. Here a link with a cool video, "A Hero Falls" http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/10.html
http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/celeb/starwars.gif

pirate44
05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Episode 3 is gonna awesome. I cant wait to watch it. Here a link with a cool video, "A Hero Falls" http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/10.html
http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/celeb/starwars.gif
i found this trailer a bit better.
Star Wars Theatrical Trailer (http://www.wimp.com/episode/)

spiveyrat
05-09-2005, 10:34 AM
I saw an ad for it on Fox last night during their showing of "Return of the Jedi". Man, every time I see an ad for it, it really gets my blood pumping!

District303aPastPlayer
05-09-2005, 10:34 AM
last night they showed all the trailors during the Episode VI showing on Fox... man, they look great..

"You were the chosen onee!!!!!!"

District303aPastPlayer
05-09-2005, 10:39 AM
they are about to take over cold pizza... I believe Christiansen and some of the clone droids will be on...

pirate44
05-09-2005, 11:37 AM
SPIELBERG WEEPS AT STAR WARS SCREENING

Director STEVEN SPIELBERG wept at a premiere of pal GEORGE LUCAS' final STAR WARS movie EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH.

JURASSIC PARK film-maker, Spielberg was so moved by the eagerly-awaited conclusion of the sci-fi saga, he burst into tears at its screening last week (begs29APR05).

But he's unashamed by his tears, insisting fans will also cry at the end of the film, because its moving conclusion marks the end of Lucas' epic story.

Spielberg says, "I saw it about a week ago, and it's absolutely amazing.

"It's the best of the last three episodes. It's the best way you could possibly imagine for George to finish it off, it has a tremendous ending and it's very dark. You'll cry at the end, it's wonderful."

06/05/2005 02:41

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2005, 11:43 AM
"It's the best of the last three episodes. It's the best way you could possibly imagine for George to finish it off, it has a tremendous ending and it's very dark. You'll cry at the end, it's wonderful."

I remember hearing somewhere that Anakin turns into Darth Vader. :eek: Say it isn't so! :weeping: ;)

mustang04
05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
I don't think hubby has gotten tickets yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. He isn't very happy with the choice of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader, because he "doesn't look the part". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Of course, when I asked him what Darth Vader is supposed to look like, the response was "I don't know....just not like that". :thinking:

FOR ONCE mom...i have to DISAGREE w/ ur husband....

hayden resembles luke skywalker of the older movies and thats a good thing, if u have seen the previews u will notice how hayden makes a good "good young jedi" and then when it shows him turning to the dark side...well he looks pretty wicked, i think he's a perfect guy for the job!

District303aPastPlayer
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I remember hearing somewhere that Anakin turns into Darth Vader. :eek: Say it isn't so! :weeping: ;)

"Luuukkkeeee.... I AM YOUR FATHERRRR"

AggieJohn
05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
it's weird because we know what happens or what is going to happen yet we are all so ready to see this movie

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
FOR ONCE mom...i have to DISAGREE w/ ur husband....

hayden resembles luke skywalker of the older movies and thats a good thing, if u have seen the previews u will notice how hayden makes a good "good young jedi" and then when it shows him turning to the dark side...well he looks pretty wicked, i think he's a perfect guy for the job!

That's exactly what I thought, although I hate to admit it's not the first time I've disagreed with him. I reminded him that it was impossible to get someone identical to Mark Hamill and that James Earl Jones was too old for the part. I think he just had a hard time envisioning such a hottie with his face all messed up. At least, that's my excuse for him. :inlove:

mustang04
05-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
it's weird because we know what happens or what is going to happen yet we are all so ready to see this movie

2 words man......visual confirmation

pirate44
05-09-2005, 12:04 PM
if darth vader's own word isnt good enough for you, then you dont have enough faith in your fellow man.;)

AggieJohn
05-09-2005, 12:05 PM
and somehow that is so comforting, really!!!

mustang04
05-09-2005, 12:14 PM
if darth vader's own word isnt good enough for you, then you dont have enough faith in your fellow man.;)

haha...i believe he is Lukes father....but the best way to prove someone is the daddy is DNA, or catching them in the act..like i said visual confirmation haha:D

pirate44
05-09-2005, 12:18 PM
haha...i believe he is Lukes father....but the best way to prove someone is the daddy is DNA, or catching them in the act..like i said visual confirmation haha:D
;) gotcha..a little intergalactical hoochie coo.

TheDOCTORdre
05-09-2005, 12:22 PM
or catching them in the act..like i said visual confirmation haha:D
whick would involve Natalie Portman, so in the words of my good man Quagmire "All Right"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/JESUSFUCKINGCHRIST99/Quagmire.gif

mustang04
05-09-2005, 12:23 PM
;) gotcha..a little intergalactical hoochie coo.

well lets take a look at the clues.....:

the FORCE, anakin has this and all guys want it....must be something BIG

light saber...c'mon u honestly dont think the only sabers they use are the ones the fight w/ do u?

:D

it makes ya wonder really, i mean if i had the force to use when i was fighting...think of the uses in my love life it could have:rolleyes:

pirate44
05-09-2005, 12:23 PM
well lets take a look at the clues.....:

the FORCE, anakin has this and all guys want it....must be something BIG

light saber...c'mon u honestly dont think the only sabers they use are the ones the fight w/ do u?

:D

it makes ya wonder really, i mean if i had the force to use when i was fighting...think of the uses in my love life it could have:rolleyes:
ROFLMPWBO:clap:

mustang04
05-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
whick would involve Natalie Portman, so in the words of my good man Quagmire "All Right"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/JESUSFUCKINGCHRIST99/Quagmire.gif

andres....poor man u missed part of what Quagmire says...he also has that lil chuckle:

"hegh hegh....aaalrriight" then he has that lil "OH!" w/ the hip thrust

spiveyrat
05-10-2005, 07:25 AM
I found this thread waaay back on page 3. How are you guys going to keep yourselves reminded about opening day if you don't keep this on page 1???

Remember, only 9 days til it opens. :D

spiveyrat
05-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Check out the boxes for these PC's...

http://image.alienware.com/images/starwars_images/starwars_layer_2.jpg

pirate44
05-10-2005, 07:35 AM
I found this thread waaay back on page 3. How are you guys going to keep yourselves reminded about opening day if you don't keep this on page 1???

Remember, only 9 days til it opens. :D
:rolleyes:
ok Phil C, what have you done with spiveyrat?

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2005, 07:45 AM

Do NOT let my husband see those! He'll be wanting both colors. :nerd: :nerd:

pirate4state
05-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Do NOT let my husband see those! He'll be wanting both colors. :nerd: :nerd: LMAO!!! :D

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2005, 11:34 AM

okay, WHERE CAN I GET THOSE!

spiveyrat
05-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
okay, WHERE CAN I GET THOSE!

Go here for the Star Wars editions. (http://www.alienware.com/starwars_pages/awswaurora.aspx)

Here are some others with the same box but without the Star Wars Logos. (http://www.alienware.com/Product_Pages/desktop_all_default.aspx)

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2005, 06:42 AM
ttt for Phil C.....oops, I mean spiveyrat. :)

spiveyrat
05-11-2005, 06:44 AM
LOL! Now ya'll are catching on! 8 more days! :D

District303aPastPlayer
05-11-2005, 10:10 AM
how is this on page 2

spiveyrat
05-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
how is this on page 2

I know! Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

pirate44
05-12-2005, 07:41 AM
this is funny

i like the "Gooey Chewy" idea

Star Wars Toys (http://www.goblertoys.com/pages2/goblerstarwars.html)

spiveyrat
05-12-2005, 07:46 AM
this is funny

i like the "Gooey Chewy" idea

Star Wars Toys (http://www.goblertoys.com/pages2/goblerstarwars.html)

Shoot! My computer won't pull it up. I guess I'll have to take a look at home.

Don't forget, it starts a week from today! ;)

District303aPastPlayer
05-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Shoot! My computer won't pull it up. I guess I'll have to take a look at home.

Don't forget, it starts a week from today! ;)

woohoo!!

spiveyrat
05-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Back on page 3 again... tsk tsk.

Actually BBDE's recent remarks is really what prompted me to bring this back to the top. :D

spiveyrat
05-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Only 3 more days! :D

Ranger Mom
05-16-2005, 08:31 AM
I just don't get it!!:confused:

I saw the first 3 Star Wars movies (how many is there, anyway?) and sat through them, but I wouldn't want to watch them again.
I never understood what all the hype was about way back then. My cousin was a junkie and saw the first one 79 times....I didn't get it then and I don't get it now!!

spiveyrat
05-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I saw the first 3 Star Wars movies (how many is there, anyway?) and sat through them, but I wouldn't want to watch them again.
I never understood what all the hype was about way back then. My cousin was a junkie and saw the first one 79 times....I didn't get it then and I don't get it now!!

My wife is the same way. She DID, however, take me out to the last two (Episode I and Episode II). It MUST be LOVE! :inlove:

pirate4state
05-16-2005, 09:15 AM

I never understood what all the hype was about way back then. My cousin was a junkie and saw the first one 79 times....I didn't get it then and I don't get it now!! Me either, RM!

vet93
05-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Star Wars in 1976 had decent acting a good story that actually borrowed many "old" themes from the classics....but what really caused the phenomenon to explode was that the effects were realistic enough to really fuel the imaginations of a whole generation of young people. Before, special effects were kind of cheezy....star trek-like effects (I like the story lines in the original star trek, but the effects were not great). Once these effects caught up with the imaginations of people, then the film made sense in the minds of many people and gave people a sense of the possibilities of not only space exploration, but also movie making.

venomous tat2
05-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Star Wars in 1976 had decent acting a good story that actually borrowed many "old" themes from the classics....but what really caused the phenomenon to explode was that the effects were realistic enough to really fuel the imaginations of a whole generation of young people. Before, special effects were kind of cheezy....star trek-like effects (I like the story lines in the original star trek, but the effects were not great). Once these effects caught up with the imaginations of people, then the film made sense in the minds of many people and gave people a sense of the possibilities of not only space exploration, but also movie making.

Well said :clap: :clap: :clap: The coming out party for special FX.

spiveyrat
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Only 2 short days!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Due to a little league game, looks like opening day will be missing some of our family. If I know hubby, he'll go tomorrow & again this weekend. :rolleyes: :D

pirate44
05-18-2005, 07:26 AM
i guess its time for me to get my tent and go get in line. im not too late am i??:thinking:

spiveyrat
05-18-2005, 07:43 AM
About 16 hours til they start rolling the film! http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/woot.gif

TMer25
05-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Can't wait to see this at the new DLP cinema in Austin tonight at midnight

Bulldog_12
05-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Im so excited. I wanted to go tonight at midnight but that would mean going to the Jasper Twin Cinema. I don't want to ruin the experience by going there so I have to wait till tommorow at 1. I got my tickets earlier this week and am ready to go. My little brother just bought the Episode III video game. For anyone that likes Star Wars, this is a must buy game. Trust me.:nerd:

pirate44
05-18-2005, 02:48 PM
all you star wars fans need to calm down. yall are liable to pee in your pants.

can i say "pee" on here?

spiveyrat
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Im so excited. I wanted to go tonight at midnight but that would mean going to the Jasper Twin Cinema. I don't want to ruin the experience by going there so I have to wait till tommorow at 1. I got my tickets earlier this week and am ready to go. My little brother just bought the Episode III video game. For anyone that likes Star Wars, this is a must buy game. Trust me.:nerd:

I plan to get that game... but I'm going to wait til they ease off a little on the price. $50 is a little steep.

spiveyrat
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to share this... In the last couple of years we got a new multi-theatre complex over near my house. One of it's theatres has a screen that is measures in stories instead of feet and it has a neat adults only balcony. It's adults only because you can buy a beer, wine or mixed drink up there. You also can have eat dinner there while you watch your movie. A waiter will come by and take your orders, get you refills, etc. And the seats are these gigantic love seats with little fold away tables. The movie costs more to go up there, but it's dark and romantic, unlike the "regular" movie experience. Do any of you have one of these in your town/city? This one is actually the first of it's kind I've seen.

No, I won't be going to see Star Wars III tomorrow at this one because I'll be going by myself. Besides, Star Wars isn't the romantic type of movie anyway. ;)

mwynn05
05-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Just wanted to share this... In the last couple of years we got a new multi-theatre complex over near my house. One of it's theatres has a screen that is measures in stories instead of feet and it has a neat adults only balcony. It's adults only because you can buy a beer, wine or mixed drink up there. You also can have eat dinner there while you watch your movie. A waiter will come by and take your orders, get you refills, etc. And the seats are these gigantic love seats with little fold away tables. The movie costs more to go up there, but it's dark and romantic, unlike the "regular" movie experience. Do any of you have one of these in your town/city? This one is actually the first of it's kind I've seen.

No, I won't be going to see Star Wars III tomorrow at this one because I'll be going by myself. Besides, Star Wars isn't the romantic type of movie anyway. ;) I amd sure there are some in Dallas but I haven't heard of anything like that anywhere around here.

AggieJohn
05-18-2005, 07:01 PM
i'm going to go see it at 12.01 tonight
whoop!

District303aPastPlayer
05-18-2005, 07:19 PM
i have friends in line already :)

JHS_c/o_06'
05-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Im skipping school tomorrow to go......I MEAN....i have a doctors appointment in beaumont at 1pm tommorrow COACH LAUVE!!!!

SintonFan
05-19-2005, 01:47 AM

No, I won't be going to see Star Wars III tomorrow at this one because I'll be going by myself. Besides, Star Wars isn't the romantic type of movie anyway. ;)
We have the Alamo Drafthouse Theatre in San Antonio. It's all stadium seating, all "dinner,food and drink while you watch". My wife gave me a 4-person package to that theatre for Christmas. I am fixin to use half of the gift this weekend(kids are to small for a movie rated this).:D
Great thing about this place is that they show the Spurs games free during the playoffs on several screens but they expect you to buy lots of beer.;)

AggieJohn
05-19-2005, 04:33 AM
got back about an hour ago from it, it was great....

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2005, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
We have the Alamo Drafthouse Theatre in San Antonio. It's all stadium seating, all "dinner,food and drink while you watch". My wife gave me a 4-person package to that theatre for Christmas. I am fixin to use half of the gift this weekend(kids are to small for a movie rated this).:D
Great thing about this place is that they show the Spurs games free during the playoffs on several screens but they expect you to buy lots of beer.;)

There's a few ADT's in Austin as well. :)

spiveyrat
05-19-2005, 07:20 AM
It's finally here! Woohoo!!! :clap: http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/woot.gif http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/popcorn.gif http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/banana.gif http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/cheers.gif http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/cup.gif http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/graemlins/clap.gif

TMer25
05-19-2005, 09:53 AM
The acting and dialog definitely haven't improved from Episode 1 and 2.The effects and action scenes were cool.

JHS_c/o_06'
05-19-2005, 05:52 PM
The movie dissapointed me...it could have been alot darker....anakin could have been alot more evil.

spiveyrat
05-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
The movie dissapointed me...it could have been alot darker....anakin could have been alot more evil.

Huh? Are you stoned? :confused:

spiveyrat
05-20-2005, 07:30 AM
All I can say about the film is... WOW! Very INTENSE! Panther Mom, what did hubby think? Anyone else see it?

Ranger Mom
05-20-2005, 07:35 AM

We were talking about the movie last night at my brother's. I am not a Star Wars fan and asked my brother who Anakin was...he told me I sure was dumb for a smart person!:confused:

LH Panther Mom
05-20-2005, 07:58 AM
All I can say about the film is... WOW! Very INTENSE! Panther Mom, what did hubby think? Anyone else see it?

He liked it & thought "how Anakin got there" wrapped up well. The oldest son went with friends last night - his word... "Awesome".

I'm looking forward to seeing it Sunday. I remember seeing the original and thinking how great it was. A few days later, I took my younger brothers (2 & 4 yrs younger) & neither of them "got it".

spiveyrat
05-20-2005, 09:38 AM
We were talking about the movie last night at my brother's. I am not a Star Wars fan and asked my brother who Anakin was...he told me I sure was dumb for a smart person!:confused:

Just go watch Episode I and II. Then you'll be all caught up for this one. :D

Bulldog_12
05-20-2005, 04:33 PM

You mustbe crazy. I would ask what movie you were watching bit I know it was the same one because you were with me. I thought it was PHENOMENAL. It was definately a great way to wrap of this legendary series.

Holmes_Fans
05-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm getting this movie Monday. :D

JHS_c/o_06'
05-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
You mustbe crazy. I would ask what movie you were watching bit I know it was the same one because you were with me. I thought it was PHENOMENAL. It was definately a great way to wrap of this legendary series.

I understand that they had to show the inner turmoil for anikin turning evil. BUT if they wanted to do that, then they should have used time they took up with the pointless slapstick 'humor' and with R2's fighting.....and general grevious...that was a waste of time....that should have been the turning....and they should have made him ALOT more evil. When he went into the room of 'younglings' was the best part of the movie, the rest of it was just the sissy hyden christinson or whatever his name is. For what it was, at face value...it was a masterpiece.....a very very good movie. I, however, was dissapointed because i didnt get to see what i wanted. I wanted to see the man that scared me as a small child. And i didnt get that. No im not stoned and no im not crazy. Im just the guy who likes the evil people in movies.....and they werent developed the way i thought they should have been. Palpatine was awesome...my fav. character out of both trilogies. But i'll never beable to look at the character of Vadar again after the frankenstineist "noooooo".

But lucas did make a very intense movie, and even though you knew anakin would turn.....it made you guess if it was really going to happen. It was tied in with episodes 4-6 very well.