PDA

View Full Version : Mavs/Suns

Gsquared
05-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Who takes it?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-09-2005, 06:50 AM
I think it should be a really interesting series. The Mavs came out really flat against the Rockets and luckily pulled it together enough to win, they didn't play with much heart and Dirk played like an undrafted rookie. The Suns looked really good, however I think they played a much weaker team that didn't match up well with their run and gun offense. I think Dirk wants to beat his best friend Steve Nash very badly and even though he has been off to a slow start in the playoffs I really think he will step it up in this series. Neither team has been well noted for their defense this season and the Mavericks have been a historically awful defensive team, however the Mavs have made great leaps this season in correcting that and I do believe have a better defensive team than Pheonix. I feel that both teams can go back and forth and run up and down the court and keep up with each other but the difference maker will be that aforementioned defense. If Dampier can step up and clog up the middle and take away the lane and Dirk can overcome his shooting woes I think Dallas will take the series in 6 or 7 games. Although thats just my humble opinion.