PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs La Grange(SB)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Bellville will face the Lady Leps for a best of 3, in round 3 These games will be in Columbus, Friday and Sat. Any info on this two? Were are you Big Tex?

BTEXDAD
05-08-2005, 09:59 AM
I'll get you some more info on Monday. i'm on my way to church then making rounds for mother's day today.
La Grange beat bellville 4-3 in scrimmage game prior to season. Teams and players are familiar with each other from seasons past in high school, little league, tournament play, babe ruth, etc. Should be a fun series.

BTEXDAD
05-09-2005, 09:59 AM
La Grange has two good pitchers, but has mostly been using one for a few weeks. I understand the other had some type of injury that got infected and she had some problems pitching, although she is playing outfield.
Bellville has gone with one pitcher for the most part, but second pitcher threw the entire 8 innings against Needville in warm up game and did pretty well. She was warming up in Lorena game, but didn't get in. I'm not sure what the two teams will do in this 2 out of 3 series, probably all depends on that game one.
Bellville is a younger team than la Grange. La Grange has some excellent underclassmen on roster, but starts four or five seniors, whereas Bellville started only one in their playoff game. Experience edge would have to go to la grange, at least as far as high school ball. Because of this, La grange is probably a little more consistent than bellville with bellville being a little more streaky.
Not sure of La Grange's overall record, but I think they lost only two in district in district to finish second to Rockdale.
Bellville is now 22-5, with back to back losses to Sealy and Columbus in District, and losses to Splendora (3-2) and class 4A Caney Creek (4-3) at Conroe Tournament early in season. Also a loss to class 5A cypress Creek (6-0) at Brenham Tournament.

Old Cardinal
05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the informative info. I have never seen a Bellville or LaGrange team that was not good....Can you tell us about Rockdale and China Spring pitching and overall info.

BTEXDAD
05-10-2005, 10:41 AM
La grange could help with Rockdale info if they see this message. I'm not familiar with Rockdale or China springs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Anyone going to this game?

Bellville22
05-13-2005, 05:43 PM
I'll be in Columbus tonight, I expect a big crowd (both ways and some neutrals) and a great game.

I may be wrong, but I don't see this being a 2-1 game, could see a little offense tonight.

Offensive showcase probably favors LG, but I'll take my Brahmanettes

Bellville 6, LaGrange 4

CheerMom
05-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I have family ties in LG, but will have to go with Bellville!!! Good Luck!!

Bellville22
05-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Bellville 2, LG 0

Great, quick game. Both pitchers had good stuff. Bellville's first run was unearned, the second was manufactured.

Should be a great day of softball tomorrow. These teams match up well vs. each other. Bellville has a slight edge, but still anybodys series.

Go Bellville!

BTEXDAD
05-14-2005, 09:26 AM
I was sitting behind home plate and umpire in this game had one of the widest strike zones I've ever seen. He was very consistent both ways however, and that's all you can ask for.
Both pitchers worked "corners" well and this kept scoring at a minimum. Very good softball game that only lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. Not sure what pitching matchup will be today. Both teams have other pitchers, but have been using mostly the ones that started friday nite.

rhs78
05-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Congrats Bellville Lady's great game,get one more today

Old Cardinal
05-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Sounds like two very good teams...Has a winner been announced?
The Bridge City Cardz will get to take on the winner. Wow, the brackets are really narrowing down at this point.

Bellville22
05-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Game 2: LaGrange 2, Bellville 0 in the 5th inning.

Old Cardinal
05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Wow, What a tight series! Keep us posted as this whole sceranio plays out today....

BCsportfan
05-14-2005, 04:36 PM
What was the final on game 2

Old Cardinal
05-14-2005, 06:04 PM
LaGrange 8 Bellville 4 in the bottom of the 7th inning of game #3.

BTEXDAD
05-15-2005, 02:44 PM
la grange won. There was a thread a couple weeks ago about Barbers hill where lack of hitting did them in. Same thing with Bellville. they won a lot of close games with pitching and defense and just enough hitting to get by. Finally caught up with them against la grange.
La grange was better hitting team. Pitching pretty close. Defense probably an edge to Bellville. La Grange has pretty good pitching, but Bellville had faced better in past. Bats kind of deserted Bellville in series. Bellville left 9 runners on base in first 4 innings of third game while scoring only 1 run. I had a feeling this would come back to haunt them and it did.
Good luck to La Grange, but I'm not sure they can hang with BC.

Great season Bellville. We'll get em next year.