pirate44
05-08-2005, 07:57 AM
:clap: bueno.
but really, either would have been fine by me

TheDOCTORdre
05-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
but really, either would have been fine by me
I feel exactly the same, because in the end its only gonna be Detroit with the trophy:D

Holmes_Fans
05-08-2005, 09:01 AM
I like this picture
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DNA11105080434.jpeg

PhiI C
05-08-2005, 09:24 AM
The Mavericks really came ready to play last night and now on to Phoenix which should be a great series. Phoenix is dangerous now that Steve Nash is with them.

Holmes_Fans
05-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Mavs in 6

mwynn05
05-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I just got tickets to game 3!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
05-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I just got tickets to game 3!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: Congrats!

mustang04
05-08-2005, 10:45 AM
this will be awesome...the mavs, vs steve nash and crew

KTJ
05-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I'd do anything to get tickets to this series! (well not anything....for example, I wouldn't put nude pics of me in my sig like mustang 04.)

Holmes_Fans
05-08-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm gonna try and get some from a scalper. The game sold out in 5 minutes, I was online the same time mark was and I couldn't get any.

LH Panther Mom
05-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
for example, I wouldn't put nude pics of me in my sig like mustang 04.)

Oh, come on! ;)

Bulldog_12
05-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Phoenix in 5
I think the Mavs get one at home. Like I said at the beginning, it doesnt matter which team makes it, either team is going to get beat by the Suns. I think Monday's could get VERY ugly for the Mavs just due to the fact that it is on Monday IN phoenix and they just finished a tough and emotional series.

KTJ
05-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Phoenix in 5
I think the Mavs get one at home. Like I said at the beginning, it doesnt matter which team makes it, either team is going to get beat by the Suns. I think Monday's could get VERY ugly for the Mavs just due to the fact that it is on Monday IN phoenix and they just finished a tough and emotional series.

True, but Phoenix, who was only 4 games ahead of Dallas in the regular season, has had a week off. Nash said they haven't had that much time off since the off-season.

Bulldog_12
05-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Nash said they haven't had that much time off since the off-season.

That could be either very good or very bad. They will either be extremely rested and fresh, or lazy and have no-energy. But besides that, I think Dallas will have a rough time due to this last series and the energy that is must have taked to finish it out. They might be tired from running back and forth to the basket last night. :D

Raider4ever
05-08-2005, 03:17 PM
For Mavs to win this next series against the suns they are going to really need Dirk. But if Dirk plays like he did in the Last series against Houston where every shot he was looking to get someone to foul him instead of takeing a normal jump shot then its going to be over for the mavs.

HighSchool Fan
05-08-2005, 03:27 PM
we heard enough of yall's doom and gloom about the mavs in the last series. dallas beat houston with dallas' best player doing nothing. houston fans just don't understand the team concept. go ahead and count dallas out like yall did after game 2 of the 1st round series. it doesn't matter to us. but whatever you do, don't come jumping on the bandwagon when dallas is about to win this series.

Bulldog_12
05-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
we heard enough of yall's doom and gloom about the mavs in the last series. dallas beat houston with dallas' best player doing nothing. houston fans just don't understand the team concept. go ahead and count dallas out like yall did after game 2 of the 1st round series. it doesn't matter to us. but whatever you do, don't come jumping on the bandwagon when dallas is about to win this series.

HA HA You're kidding right? WE dont understand team concept? How do you say that? The only times we won is when our bench outscored the mavs bench. All our wins were team wins just like dallas. If Dallas plays defense like they did against Houston in the first 6 games, Phoenix will light them up from the perimeter. I just think they will be drained due to the fact that they have gotten no rest from Round one. They go straight to Phoenix to start the next one. I think they will have a tough time beating them. I think they will win one at home, but other than that, I'll be surprised. And trust me, there's no way in Hades im jumping in with Dallas. That a bandwagon thats only gonna be moving for another 4 maybe 5 games.

HighSchool Fan
05-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
That a bandwagon thats only gonna be moving for another 4 maybe 5 games.

regardless, it's still more than the rockets bandwagon.

aren't you the one who said that dirk doesn't play like he cares about winning?? dallas isn't a 1 or 2 man team like houston is. they have plenty of other players that can carry the team on any given night.

Bulldog_12
05-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
regardless, it's still more than the rockets bandwagon.

Very true, but I'm good to the Rockets. Even though they played like crap and I can't hang out with any of my Maverick friends, I still love my team and cant STAND Cuban. He's the reason I can't stand the Mavs.

Holmes_Fans
05-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Dirk played good last night. Defense wins championships, something the suns arn't very good at.

Bulldog_12
05-08-2005, 03:55 PM
I never said Dirk didnt want it, I just said hes been playing like crap. He did a GREAT job defensively and made Houston take bad shots and it really showed on the scoreboard. It looked like Houston didn't want the game at al. Not to take anything away from Dallas though. It lloked like Johnson went home and studied somer SERIOUS game film. They picked apart the Houston D and made them look foolish.

TheDOCTORdre
05-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Defense wins championships
yes, my friend, yes it does

AggieJohn
05-08-2005, 04:14 PM
but offense gets you the chicks