PDA

View Full Version : ALL 25-AAA Softball Playoff teams are still in it...

18handicap
05-07-2005, 10:06 PM
All 3 25-AAA playoff softball teams are still alive into the regional quarterfinal round of the playoffs. With Needville, Columbia, and Wharton carrying the 25-AAA flag this far into the playoffs seems to show that this is the toughest district in Region IV and maybe the entire state. It also shows that the 4th place team, Sweeny, was 17-15 and beat several teams that are still in the playoffs in AAAA, AAA, and AA.

Champion
Needville -- BYE; def West Campus 2-0, 8-1

Runner Up
Columbia -- def Yoakum 5-2; def Marion (28-AAA Champ) 10-0 (5)

3rd Place
Wharton -- def Hallettsville 5-2; def Liberty Hill (27AAA Champ) 4-0

After this week, one of these three will be defeated as Needville will play Wharton in a 2 out of 3 series on Friday and Saturday in Shiner.

Way to go 25-AAA teams!!!

pirate4state
05-08-2005, 01:11 AM
:clap: Very impressive 18!! :clap:

District 30-3A still has 2 teams: Sinton & Goliad. :)

:cheerl: GO LADY PIRATES!!! :cheerl:

raider red 2000
05-08-2005, 06:58 AM
in track.
this same district was 1 (west columbia) & 2 (needville) at regionals and i believe needville was 5th.

some really good athletes in this district.

18handicap
05-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah, that's right......but don't forget about us in track also!!! My left fielder and newcomer of the year, D. Thompton, won the regional title in the 100 and 200 as a freshman. She has a very very good chance of winning both at Austin this week. That would be a great accomplishment for a great young girl!!

3&2count
05-08-2005, 03:15 PM
I know the Wharton v. Needville series will be a good one.
Good luck to both teams.

raider red 2000
05-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Yeah, that's right......but don't forget about us in track also!!! My left fielder and newcomer of the year, D. Thompton, won the regional title in the 100 and 200 as a freshman. She has a very very good chance of winning both at Austin this week. That would be a great accomplishment for a great young girl!!

Dorie is really fast and i think she has a chance to win state in 1 if not 2 events. if it had not been for 1 bad handoff on a relay i think that sweeny would have been in the top 6 teams in the region.

Good luck to all 25 AAA teams and athletes still playin and runnin.

Phil C
05-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Very impressive 18 but to really really impress me would be if all three teams are still in after next week. :)

18handicap
05-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Phil,
The UIL would have to change the brackets for all 3 teams to still be playing after this weekend. This is the round where the 1's and 3's meet up. In our district that is Needville vs. Wharton. Now if they are both still in it after playing each other in the regional quarterfinals this week, I'll really be impressed!!! LOL

pirate4state
05-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Phil,
The UIL would have to change the brackets for all 3 teams to still be playing after this weekend. This is the round where the 1's and 3's meet up. In our district that is Needville vs. Wharton. Now if they are both still in it after playing each other in the regional quarterfinals this week, I'll really be impressed!!! LOL LOL - silly Phil ;) :)

18handicap
05-09-2005, 08:56 AM
LOL

Phil C
05-09-2005, 09:26 AM
LOL Of course I knew that and was kidding. I remember the same thing happened a few years ago in our district when we had three good teams that made the playoffs which was Sinton as district champs, George West as runner ups and Odem in 3rd place. Mathis had a good team but couldn't beat any of the top teams. Anyway Sinton beat Odem in about their second playoff game since Odem was the third place team and it was a close 5 to 4 game. Then later to advance to State Sinton beat George West in another close game 3 to 2. Sinton had to beat both district teams in the playoffs again. During the season Sinton had beat George West by one run twice and Odem once. That year Odem beat Sinton in Sinton for Sinton for Sinton's first district loss ever at the time. Odem got third place though because they lost to George West twice during the season. Three outstanding teams and any one would have been worthy to advance to State. Sinton lost in first round to Sanger at State and Sanger went on to win the State Championship.

pirate4state
05-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
LOL Of course I knew that and was kidding. I remember the same thing happened a few years ago in our district when we had three good teams that made the playoffs which was Sinton as district champs, George West as runner ups and Odem in 3rd place. Mathis had a good team but couldn't beat any of the top teams. Anyway Sinton beat Odem in about their second playoff game since Odem was the third place team and it was a close 5 to 4 game. Then later to advance to State Sinton beat George West in another close game 3 to 2. Sinton had to beat both district teams in the playoffs again. During the season Sinton had beat George West by one run twice and Odem once. That year Odem beat Sinton in Sinton for Sinton for Sinton's first district loss ever at the time. Odem got third place though because they lost to George West twice during the season. Three outstanding teams and any one would have been worthy to advance to State. Sinton lost in first round to Sanger at State and Sanger went on to win the State Championship. http://www.kit.netpoets.net/rofl-k2.gif Phil, you kill me!!! :clap:

18handicap
05-09-2005, 10:48 AM
I knew Phil was kidding, that why I was saying it how I did.

LOL!!

GOFOR2
05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/rofl-k2.gif Phil, you kill me!!! :clap:

Phil's our Downlow 504 Kid.