PDA

View Full Version : Travel Ball teams

3&2count
05-06-2005, 09:14 PM
How many weeks a year do you play?

Would you object to not playing during HS ball?

HS is from Feb to early june at the latest. That leaves many months to practice.

Thanks,

Robin
05-06-2005, 09:41 PM
We have never played travel ball during the HS season... We pick up as soon as it's over and go hard in the summer through the National Tournaments in August. Then take a break and pick back up in the Fall..

softball_mom
05-06-2005, 10:42 PM
We play year round. But during High School ball we take it slow. Mostly because there are no 18u tourny......because of school ball.

3&2count
05-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Tb is great competition and I know it makes the girls better every day.
I just wonder about burnout after weeks and weeks of play.

I do not want to hold any girls back that are playing TB, I just want them to stay healthy.

Good luck to all the girls and the teams they play for.

softball_mom
05-06-2005, 11:26 PM
I know the girls my daughter play with love TB. And all of them are very active in other sports,church and school. I believe they have all done this for so long they do not know anything else. LOL!! I know for the last couple of summers we have spent our summers travling all over the United States to play ball. But this last summer my daughter broke her ankle in 4 places playing in Colorado. She was lost the next four months not playing ball. I have always worried about burnout...but you can tell if your child needs a break. And if she does....hey its OK!!

Old Cardinal
05-08-2005, 08:52 PM
When HS ball comes around it shuts down 18 & U & 16 & U select team ball. It was kind of amusing this year down in the Golden Triangle in that so many 14 & U Select girls were pressed into HS ball as Freshman that it also shut down that age group too.
I look for some of the 14 & U qualified teams to win big at the Nationals again this year because they have a season of HS ball under their belt--and have faced some more mature pitching of older seasoned players. The Select team Coaches of the major select teams are cognizant of the fact that they must pace the girls activity throughout the whole year to keep the burnout issue from becoming acute.
What amazes me is the number of real scholars that are playing travel ball; these are girls that a winners in a number of facets of life.