PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 rules question

BU97
05-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Two things can up last night during our league games that I couldn't remember what the rule was, and since I am too lazy to find my rules book I'd thought I'd ask here. . .

#1 During a conversion, and the ball is intercepted. Is the ball dead or can the defense return the ball?

#2 Is any kind of chucking/jamming/ hand checking allowed?

I think that I remember #2 being enforced to the point that you could be kicked out of a Qualifying Tournament for it.

LH Panther Mom
05-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by BU97
chucking jamming hand checking

:eek: I'm scared to ask what that is.

BU97
05-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: I'm scared to ask what that is.

Thanks, sometimes I forget to use punctuation and I ALWAYS forget to proofread! You can probably tell that English was not my best subject!

lobo12
05-06-2005, 11:16 AM
there is no jamming or hand checking allowed, and im not positive but i think interceptions can be returned but only if you score and if not the ball goes back...not sure about the last one

Black_Magic
05-06-2005, 11:27 AM
No Jamming is allowed. But getting in the way and using your hands to protect yourself when the reciever runs into you is allowed . But you cant Push or shove the reciever in any way.

I believe an Interception does count if it returned all the way to the endzone for a score but only counts if it scores. If it does not score then its like a failed extra point attempt.

raider red 2000
05-06-2005, 11:36 AM
so would it count as 1 or 2 or depends on what the offense was doin?

raider red 2000
05-06-2005, 11:45 AM
here is a link to rules on dave campbell's

it dosnt say about the extra point INT's

http://texasfootball.com/7on7_rules.html

We're Back
05-06-2005, 04:58 PM
1.) An interception on a "regular" and by regular i mean anything but an extra point attempt play, an interception can be returned for a td, but if a pass is intercepted on an extra point play, the ball is dead.

2.) As for jamming, you're not supposed to do it, but all good teams do it in the qualifying tournament because you are entitled to one verbal warning before you get kicked out of the tourney, and most officials just let it slide only the picky ones call it.