PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 6, Lorena 4 (Softball)

Bellville22
05-06-2005, 12:17 AM
The Brahmanettes rallied from a 7th inning 3-1 deficit to defeat Lorena 6-4 tonight in Bryan. I have no details on this game as I was in Bastrop watching the baseball team. A detailed recap would be greatly appreciated.

Bellville moves on to face LaGrange next week.

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
The Brahmanettes rallied from a 7th inning 3-1 deficit to defeat Lorena 6-4 tonight in Bryan. I have no details on this game as I was in Bastrop watching the baseball team. A detailed recap would be greatly appreciated.

Bellville moves on to face LaGrange next week. Do you know the final score of the La Grange/Groesbeck game??

rhs78
05-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Congrats to the Brahmanettes, great win, keep it gong for D-20,good luck

CheerMom
05-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Congrats on the win!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: Good Luck next week!!

BTEXDAD
05-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22

Bellville moves on to face LaGrange next week.

Brahmanettes were visitors and scored run in top of first inning and score was 1-0 until bottom of 4th. Lorena scored two with help of error and three hits. Bellville lucky to get out of inning with only two runs scoring against them.
Lorena scored another in bottom of 5th to make score 3-1.
IN top of 7th, with one out, freshman Callie Yantis tripled down right field line. Another freshman, Katie Eckermann doubled down left field line to drive in first run of inning. Next play was play of game. Megan Pieper hit a dribbler to first and instead of taking sure second out and letting runner go to third, Lorena first baseman threw to third and everybody safe. Runner stole second, then batter, Natasha Yezak executed great suicide squeeze. Throw home was late and tying run scored. Runners first and third, runner stole second. Adrienne Meier was intentionally walked to load bases with still only one out. Courtney Peschel hit high fly to right field and go ahead run scored with runners moving up to 2nd and third on throw to the plate. Lauren Luetge intentionally walked to load bases, then Delanie Sloan singled to right to score two more, making score
6-3.
Lorena came back to score one in bottom of 7th and had runner on third and tying run at plate when game ended with grounder back to pitcher.
Hope that wasn't too much detail, but i'm still excited. Bellville will need to pick it up in next round and not wait till last inning against La Grange.

Bull's-eye
05-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Great recap BTEXDAD, more detail the better!

Congratulations Brahmanettes!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
05-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Great recap BTEXDAD, more detail the better!

Congratulations Brahmanettes!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes it was a great recap and certainly an exciting game from what I just read!:)

Congratulations!:D

Old Cardinal
05-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Great re-cap you ought to consider being a sportwriter!

The winner of the Shepherd vs Bridge City and the winner of the Bellville vs LaGrange ought to make for a great game.
There are no pansies left at this level in Region III. There will be some great games in the next few weeks!

BTEXDAD
05-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Great re-cap you ought to consider being a sportwriter!

Creative writing 101 at Blinn Jr. College

"High school teams are now headed to the third round of the playoffs in softball and the second round in baseball. Hours and hours of blood, sweat and tears will hopefully reward the athletes with the ultimate prize, the state championship of the republic of Texas. A prize valued by many but achieved by few.
This week, once again, these high school warriors will wage battle on the frozen tundra of ball fields across the state, hoping to move ever closer to that elusive final game."

How about that, Cardinal?

Old Cardinal
05-09-2005, 03:55 PM
That's really good! Now how about this-- Learned by sitting down on Cow Bayou as a kid shooting Nutria Rats with a single shot 22 loaded with short hollow points and writing in between carefully chosen shots---

"The frozen turdra of ones imagination is ignited with the spread of rampant fire generated by the enthusiam of a host of warm-blooded young softball dedicated lassies. There is a paucity of fear in their eyes as they endeavor to climb the elusive ladder of bracket success in the 3A battlefield of Region III softball. They are a pheomenal group of sports over-achievers bent on leading their teams out of mediocre standings into the covented status of "Champions". They lift their banners high as they attempt to take on worthy opponents in the unified yet unique attempts to excell...."

Who is next :D :D to be a budding sportswriter with a little flamboyance?

Old Cardinal
05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Come on folks--take a shot are being outrageously creative. Word Smithing is kind of fun!

BTEXDAD
05-10-2005, 10:44 AM
I will be purchasing a dictiionary and thesaurus to help me compete with you Cardinal. You da man right now!

p.s. I didn't use hollow points in my .22, only the old .22 shorts.