PDA

View Full Version : 05-05-05 softball and baseball scores

PhiI C
05-05-2005, 10:12 PM
In softball Sinton defeated Orange Grove 10 to 2.

kepdawg
05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Softball Pilot Point beat Decatur 5-3.

44INAROW
05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Wharton 4 Hallettsville 1

game 2 Friday night

PhiI C
05-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Sorry Ray. I don't know how Raymondville did because our local station Channel 10 that I watched didn't have the score. :(

Ray_BearKat
05-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Sorry Ray. I don't know how Raymondville did because our local station Channel 10 that I watched didn't have the score. :(

Thats okay thanks for trying...I'll just wait till the morning newspaper comes in around 3 or 4 :D

pirate4state
05-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Thats okay thanks for trying...I'll just wait till the morning newspaper comes in around 3 or 4 :D Sorry Ray but according to the UIL web site (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/brackets/softball/3Asb.pdf) Raymondville lost 5-3 to Devine. :(

softball_mom
05-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Softball...
Columbia 10 Marion 0

Bellville22
05-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Softball:

Bellville 6, Lorena 4
--Bellville trailed 3-1 in the 7th before coming back to win the game.

Baseball:

Bellville 8, Hutto 1
--Bellville's Lucas Luetge strikes out 13 to lead the Brahmas to the round 1 victory. The Bulls get powerhouse Lorena next week.

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 12:20 AM
According to the UIL web site the following teams played tonight, anyone have scores?

Region I - ?? Lots of unknown dates, times & locations :(

Region II - Sabine 1 vs. Van 2 - thanks 18!

Region III -

Hargrave 0 vs. Huntington 3 - thanks 18!

Region IV -

Zapata 5 vs. Goliad 6 - thanks me! :D

Phil C
05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Thank you Pirate4State. This is incredible.

pirate44
05-06-2005, 08:14 AM
wow, congrats to the Lady Pirates. wasnt Orange Grove ranked pretty high?

AP Panther Fan
05-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Heard the score on the news last night, congratulations Lady Pirates!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I believe OG was undefeated in district play, but am not certain...they might have been ranked in one of the polls. I bet Pirate4State will remember. Will Sinton face Zapata next?

CheerMom
05-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Softball:

Bellville 6, Lorena 4
--Bellville trailed 3-1 in the 7th before coming back to win the game.

Baseball:

Bellville 8, Hutto 1
--Bellville's Lucas Luetge strikes out 13 to lead the Brahmas to the round 1 victory. The Bulls get powerhouse Lorena next week.

Congrats on a great win for both teams!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: Good Luck next week. We will be cheering you on!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Heard the score on the news last night, congratulations Lady Pirates!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I believe OG was undefeated in district play, but am not certain...they might have been ranked in one of the polls. I bet Pirate4State will remember. Will Sinton face Zapata next? Yes, AP they were undefeated in district play and I believe they were ranked 6th or 7th. We will face the winnner of tonights Lyford/Pearsall game. :clap: Maybe if you don't have any thing else to do and we get lucky and win the toss (fingers crossed for a game in CC or nearby facility) you could come out and watch!! :)

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Region IV -

Zapata 6 vs. Goliad 5 - thanks me! :D Turns out the Victoria Advocate mixed up the score! :eek: :doh: Goliad won last night 6 to 5 Congrats to the Lady Tigers!

Sinton94
05-06-2005, 09:33 AM
WAY TO GO SINTON! OG was ranked 6th in the state! The girls played a near error free game and more importantly played as a team!

Did you see the tag by Julie at third base in the CC times that was initialy called safe. Thank goodness they got it right after their conference.:D

Phil C
05-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
WAY TO GO SINTON! OG was ranked 6th in the state! The girls played a near error free game and more importantly played as a team!

Did you see the tag by Julie at third base in the CC times that was initialy called safe. Thank goodness they got it right after their conference.:D

You are right there 94. That would have been a horrible call if it had stood. It is just too bad they had to have a conference about it since it was such an obvious call and wasn't even close. And the OG people didn't really object too much to the chance either. I think that was the best the girls have played this year. Sinton is the only District 30AAA softball team in the playoffs now.

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sinton is the only District 30AAA softball team in the playoffs now. Check my earlier post Phil. Goliad won.

Phil C
05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Check my earlier post Phil. Goliad won.

My bad! I misread it. So we still have two teams in the playoffs but what a battle Zapata gave them though.

AP Panther Fan
05-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Yes, AP they were undefeated in district play and I believe they were ranked 6th or 7th. We will face the winnner of tonights Lyford/Pearsall game. :clap: Maybe if you don't have any thing else to do and we get lucky and win the toss (fingers crossed for a game in CC or nearby facility) you could come out and watch!! :)

Sounds good, you will have to keep me posted on the when and where. Both of my girls would enjoy seeing the game, if they aren't scheduled for league play.:)

Phil C
05-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey Pirate4State do you think Coach V will be in San Diego tonight to scout the Lyford vs Pearsall game? :)

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
My bad! I misread it. So we still have two teams in the playoffs but what a battle Zapata gave them though. You probably were still going on the original score that I got from the Victoria Advocate which was that Goliad had lost, but they just made a mistake. Sounds & looks like (stats) that it was a very good game.

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94

Did you see the tag by Julie at third base in the CC times that was initialy called safe. Thank goodness they got it right after their conference.:D I saw that the Caller Times credited Sinton with an error, but I don't remember it?? Phil can you help me out?? :thinking: Not to be a complete jacka$$, but I still can't believe OG was ranked that high. :eek:

Phil C
05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
I saw that the Caller Times credited Sinton with an error, but I don't remember it?? Phil can you help me out?? :thinking: Not to be a complete jacka$$, but I still can't believe OG was ranked that high. :eek:

I don't remember the error either. Ratings don't mean anything because they are voted on by people who don't know anything about other regions. Thank goodness we have real playoffs.

mikecheck
05-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Last night at Mathis High School.

Devine remains thorn in Lady Bearkats’ postseason side
By PAUL CONATZER
paulc@valleystar.com
956-430-6207

MATHIS — History has an ugly way of repeating itself when Raymondville meets Devine in softball.

The third time wasn’t the charm for the Lady Kats as they fell to the Arabians 5-3 at Mathis High School on Thursday night in the area round of the Class 3A playoffs. It was the third straight year that Raymondville’s season ended under the hooves of the Arabians.

"I’m proud of these girls," said Raymondville coach Joe Ramos. "We didn’t lose this game through lack of effort. They left everything on the field."

What did cost the Lady Kats was the fact that Devine got some clutch hits and were able to bring a runner home from third with less than two outs twice.

Raymondville (21-7) got on the board in the top of the first when shortstop Vicki Moya’s two-out double to the base of the fence in left-center field scored Denise Moreno (2-for-3), who had singled and moved up on a balk by Devine starter and eventual winner Jasmin Salceda (14-11).

Salceda, who had seven strikeouts on the night, whiffed Danyssa Rodriguez to end the inning.

Salceda went the distance for the win, allowing five hits, walking two with two earned runs. She was always able to get a big out with runners on base.

Raymondville stretched its edge to 2-0 in the top of the third as ninth-place hitter Desiree Mendoza walked, advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt by Jenna Buchanan and then scored on a throwing error by Devine first baseman Briana Leal to make it 2-0.

The Arabians (14-11) answered in their half of the third as two singles brought second baseman Stephanie Martinez to the plate with runners on first and second, and one out.

Martinez hit a hard grounder toward short, but it looked like Mattie Frazier, who was running from second, distracted Moya and the ball got past the Raymondville shortstop and rolled to the fence scoring two runs and giving Martinez a triple.

Ramos went out to plead for interference with the umpiring crew and after a discussion the play stood and the game was tied at 2-2.

Raymondville starter Crystal Barron was able to end the inning with the help of nice throw from catcher Lizzie Urbina, who picked off Martinez at third.

"That was big for us," said Devine coach Tracy Bingaman. "That was the whole game. It was the turning point. I don’t think it was interference."

The Arabians nosed ahead in their half of the fourth as a single, a triple and a ground out scored two runs to make it 4-2.

"They were able to get some big hits," said Ramos. "We hit the ball well, too. But it was right at somebody."

Raymondville scratched back to 4-3 in the top of the fifth as Mendoza singled with one out, stole second and went to third on an error. She scored on Urbina’s two-out single to make it 4-3. Moreno followed with an infield single, but Nicole Garcia, who was running for Urbina, was out at third on a bang-bang play as she tried to take the extra base.

Leal atoned for her error in the third with a nice throw to nail Garcia.

"We’re aggressive on the bases," said Ramos.

Frazier proved to be a thorn in the Lady Kats paws once again in the bottom of the fifth as she led off with a triple against Barron and scored on a grounder by Brittany Dbaya to make it 5-3.

Pitching with a sore back, Barron went five innings, allowing all five runs on eight hits and one walk.

"Crystal pitched well," said Ramos. "She stepped up and did what a leader should do."

Darlene Hernandez closed out the game for the Lady Kats.

"This is hard," said Moya, who had what looked like an extra-base hit taken away by a nice catch on a sinking liner in the top of the sixth.

"We wanted to break through this year for the seniors. We wanted it to be their year. Devine played hard. They hustled well."

With the win, the Arabians will meet the winner of the Goliad and Zapata clash in the regional quarterfinal round.

Good luck Sinton and Goliad. By the way Devine has only one senior on the squad. Just thought I'd throw that in.

pirate4state
05-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck
Good luck Sinton and Goliad. By the way Devine has only one senior on the squad. Just thought I'd throw that in. So do we! ;)