PDA

View Full Version : Austin City Limits Music Festival Bill has been set

jason
05-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Yahoo Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/music_nm/austin_dc)

By Ray Waddell Thu May 5, 5:50 PM ET

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Coldplay, Wilco, Widespread Panic, Oasis, the Black Crowes, Jimmy Cliff, Death Cab For Cutie, the Allman Brothers Band and Franz Ferdinand lead the lineup for the fourth Austin City Limits Music Festival, which will be held Sept. 23-25. Official details will be announced Friday.

More than 130 bands are confirmed for the eight stages at Zilker Park, including Lyle Lovett,
Lucinda Williams, John Prine, the Arcade Fire, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Buddy Guy, Jet, Dierks Bentley, Gov't Mule, the Black Keys, Sleater-Kinney, Doves, Keane and
Robert Earl Keen.

The festival is named for the PBS mainstay "Austin City Limits," which is billed as the longest-running music show in the United States. The festival began in 2002, and attendance grew to more than 70,000 per day in 2004. In response, producers announced this year they would reduce capacity by 10,000 daily to make for a better fan experience.

The capacity reduction will affect ticket prices, but three-day passes started out at $85 on April 15 and will still top out at $95 once the bands are announced.

i got to go to this last year for one day, and it was great...i got to see sheryl crow, yummy....

big daddy russ
05-05-2005, 08:57 PM
I'd love to see the Allman Brothers. Looks like a pretty good lineup. REK, the Black Crowes, Buddy Guy and Lyle Lovett are some of my favorites. You planning on going, jason?

jason
05-05-2005, 08:59 PM
i dunno, thats still a long ways off....

id really like to see oasis...