PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Shiner Bocktoberfest

Gobbla2001
05-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Who all here wants to go?

Last year the headliners were Lyle Lovette, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Staind and Kid Rock... it's a pretty cooll deal, esspecially if you like Shiner Bock...

I dunno who is playing this year, but when I find out I will let all of you know...

I was looking to see if I could find this year's bill but stumbled across a picture of this year's bocktoberfest, and I happen to be in it...

Bottom left, kinda toword middle, GREEN shirt... there's more people behind me than in front of me, btw...

http://www.shiner.com/bocktoberfest2004/images/main-graphic.jpg

big daddy russ
05-05-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm going if they get some good singers in there this year. They've been sort of migrating towards a rock festival the last three or four years. I didn't mind it when they had one rock band that wasn't the headliner, but if they put on another show like last year's (Staind and Kid Rock aren't from Texas... that's how they originally promoted the show) this will be the second straight year I opted out of it.

BUT, if I do go let's get a M&G together. We always get a couple of campsites over at Palmetto SP and drink and BBQ all night long for two straight nights.

Gobbla2001
05-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm going if they get some good singers in there this year. They've been sort of migrating towards a rock festival the last three or four years. I didn't mind it when they had one rock band that wasn't the headliner, but if they put on another show like last year's (Staind and Kid Rock aren't from Texas... that's how they originally promoted the show) this will be the second straight year I opted out of it.

BUT, if I do go let's get a M&G together. We always get a couple of campsites over at Palmetto SP and drink and BBQ all night long for two straight nights.

They're just smart, man...

You get the local guy, then you get a couple of texas dudes, then you get headliners...

the local guy and the texas dudes bring the old and more country crowd and the rockers bring in a lot of younger people and the rock crowd...

the result? over 20,000 people and a LOT of money for the city of Shiner, Texas....

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I think hubby's going. A guy he works with is going to ride his bike down. :eek: :eek: Hubby "offered" to give him a ride home....lol. Like it is such a sacrifice on his part. ;)

44INAROW
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think hubby's going. A guy he works with is going to ride his bike down. :eek: :eek: Hubby "offered" to give him a ride home....lol. Like it is such a sacrifice on his part. ;)

I'm not that far down they road.. why not ride with hubby and we can meet up and do some shopping :)

big daddy russ
05-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
They're just smart, man...

You get the local guy, then you get a couple of texas dudes, then you get headliners...

the local guy and the texas dudes bring the old and more country crowd and the rockers bring in a lot of younger people and the rock crowd...

the result? over 20,000 people and a LOT of money for the city of Shiner, Texas....
It's smart, but I'd still rather (never thought I'd say this) go to the Zeigen Bock Festival. Lollapalooza's cheaper than Bocktoberfest nowadays.

Gobbla2001
05-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's smart, but I'd still rather (never thought I'd say this) go to the Zeigen Bock Festival. Lollapalooza's cheaper than Bocktoberfest nowadays.

I think that the Shiner B.A.S.H is the one you're looking for...

It stands for Bike from Austin, San Antonio and HHouston...

Buncha Lance Armstrong wanna-be's bike for a good cause and land in Shiner... nothing but Texas Country singers on the bill (Kevin Fowler, R.E.K. etc...)

I will admit that it is pricey at the gate... However, Shiner Bock on draft, honies walkin' round in bras and live music makes up for it...

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think that the Shiner B.A.S.H is the one you're looking for...

It stands for Bike from Austin, San Antonio and HHouston...

Buncha Lance Armstrong wanna-be's bike for a good cause and land in Shiner... nothing but Texas Country singers on the bill (Kevin Fowler, R.E.K. etc...)

I will admit that it is pricey at the gate... However, Shiner Bock on draft, honies walkin' round in bras and live music makes up for it...

Wait a sec!!! Is that next weekend? That's what hubby's going to....

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'm not that far down they road.. why not ride with hubby and we can meet up and do some shopping :)

I'll have to check our baseball schedule first.