PDA

View Full Version : how good is kirbyville

Kat Backer
09-22-2003, 06:28 AM
i was wonder how far this team will go in the playoff.

justafan_02
09-22-2003, 11:19 AM
not too far..they play dstrict 19 3A out the box

Hupernikomen
09-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Kat Backer:
i was wonder how far this team will go in the playoff.I wouldn't presume that they even make the playoffs. IMO they will be the underdog in both the Jasper and Newton games and are certainly beatable by Diboll. Kirbyville's win against 2 AA teams and Buna and Tarkington haven't exactly proved much at this point.

SA is a decent AA team they won't make the playoffs in AA, and neither will Timpson. I mean Woodville was as impressive against Timpson as Kirbyville was (plus Woodville beat 4A Livingston)

Tarkington proved nothing.

Buna will finish last in their district as well.

Beuamont Kelley is another cupcake game this week.

~~~~~~~~
Diboll on the other hand has beaten Carthage (ranked AAA team at the time), Splendora (better than average AAA team that will push for 3rd in their district, and Coldspring (who I think will be pushing for that same 3rd spot as Splendora.

So to answer your question..if they make the playoffs they might win one game or two at the most.

Billy Boy
09-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Kat Backer:
i was wonder how far this team will go in the playoff.To early to talk about playoffs got 3 other tuff teams in this district. Could happen that Kirbyville stays home. Never know. :p

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Billy Boy ]</small>

Compudyne
09-22-2003, 12:36 PM
I mean Woodville was as impressive against Timpson as Kirbyville was (plus Woodville beat 4A Livingston)

[QUOTE]Buna will finish last in their district as well.

Beaumont Kelly is another cupcake game this week.

So to answer your question..if they make the playoffs they might win one game or two at the most.[/QB]Humperdink, If Buna is so sorry and Woodville is so great, how do you explain Buna almost beating Woodville last Friday?

MtnAg
09-22-2003, 12:48 PM
I'll say it again Kirbyville will beat Jasper.
Newton Will go Undefeated in District 20 3A.
It will be a dogfight for 2nd and 3rd place between Jasper, Diboll, and Kirbyville. So that means 1 pretty good team will stay at the house come playoffs.

JasperDog94
09-22-2003, 12:54 PM
MtnAg:
I'll say it again Kirbyville will beat Jasper.
Pretty bold prediction my friend. Only time will tell. Don't forget that Jasper has been without Marlin Cook, their starting running back for the first three games. Word is that he'll be healthy by the time district rolls around. I'm gonna stick with my dawgs for this one.

But first we've got a grudge match with Houston Strake Jesuit. They got us in a defensive game last year without our starting QB. I hope it's a different story this year.

MtnAg
09-22-2003, 12:59 PM
No Doubt it will be a terriffic game, but I think that Kirbyville will be ready. It was a great game last year and I think that this year will be even better. Good Luck this week.

Rocksolid
09-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Hupernikomen:

Kat Backer:
i was wonder how far this team will go in the playoff.I wouldn't presume that they even make the playoffs. IMO they will be the underdog in both the Jasper and Newton games and are certainly beatable by Diboll. Kirbyville's win against 2 AA teams and Buna and Tarkington haven't exactly proved much at this point.

SA is a decent AA team they won't make the playoffs in AA, and neither will Timpson. I mean Woodville was as impressive against Timpson as Kirbyville was (plus Woodville beat 4A Livingston)

Buna will finish last in their district as well.

Beuamont Kelley is another cupcake game this week.

~~~~~~~~
Diboll on the other hand has beaten Carthage (ranked AAA team at the time), Splendora (better than average AAA team that will push for 3rd in their district, and Coldspring (who I think will be pushing for that same 3rd spot as Splendora.

So to answer your question..if they make the playoffs they might win one game or two at the most.What ever you say Hupernikomen, AKA fan4allsports.

JasperDog94
09-22-2003, 01:22 PM
I would like to say welcome to all the Kirbyville fans this year. It's great to have you guys (and gals) on the board. This is definately the most happenin' place on the web for 3A football.

mistanice
09-22-2003, 02:08 PM
I really cant wait til we start district. I love when Diboll plays highly ranked teams, just to see how we match up and I really think diboll will put up a strong game against the eagles. We will really see where we are when we play a usually good team Willis this coming friday. Kirbyville guys, Watch out for the jacks! :p

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: mistanice ]</small>

98Eagle
09-22-2003, 04:12 PM
I think Kirbyville is overrated. All I hear from their fans is how they are gonna beat Jasper. With Kville playing in Jasper this year a win is easier said than done. I promise you Jasper is not a big of a pushover as everyone thinks.

KvilleWildcats60
09-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Kirbyville is definately gonna surprise jasper and newton this year. Newton is the favorite right now, but polls dont mean anything. We will play to the best of our ablility as will jasper as will newton. Diboll is also a threat to this district which makes this possibly the best district in 3a today.

Good Luck EVERYONE

crimson blood
09-22-2003, 08:34 PM
well no predictions at this time from the dad but the 'cats certainly have the 'dogs' attention.

Wildcat81
09-22-2003, 08:54 PM
GO BIG K You've got everybodies attention.

whatusay2
09-22-2003, 09:26 PM
My predictions:
1) There are going to be some surprises in 20-3A. I just hope Jasper is not left out of the play-off mix. (Jasper is not so cocky to think that they won't have a dog fight in at least 3 district games this year.)
2) My second prediction is that the team that wins district may not be undefeated in district.
Yeah--it's going to be fun for the three teams that get in and HELL for the fourth team that's left out.

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: whatusay2 ]</small>

spiveyrat
09-23-2003, 07:08 AM
MtnAg:
It was a great game last year...Kville DID surprise Jasper last year. But, I think Jasper was looking past Kville to the Newton game. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson!