PDA

View Full Version : 4A District BB Champ Houston Reagan visits BC gets beat 24-0...

Old Cardinal
05-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Well we all went down to the ballpark to see a good stiff scrimmage but the Cardinal varsity had a playoff team 14-0 at the end of the third inning. When they sent in the JV players it got worst. BC's JV were just awesome they scored 10 more runs before the game finished at 4 1/2 innings. It was interesting Kirk Vincent and Jeff Stringer pitched and also both had HRs. Bridge City has improved a great deal as the season has progressed. They have the hittingist team I have every seen in 3A ball at this point. They play 4A #2 ranked Nederland at 7 pm Friday night.

I was told they would play the winner of Kirbyville vs Palestine, can anyone confirm if this is correct?

WOS1
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
I will give credit where credit is due... I've seen BC 3 times this year and they are a GREAT highschool team. They have great hitting and really good pitching (I would not say great). Angelle is a real good pitcher when he's on and Stevens is a real good number 2 pitcher, if they had the other kid back, I would say they were great. With all that said, I would not put ANY stock in the fact that Reagan is a playoff bound team. Even if they were the first place team (which I don't think they were, but I can't confirm that at this time), that district is without a doubt one of the 3 worst baseball districts in the state. I don't think they have a team in that district that could beat my little Shetland team.

Astrosdawg07
05-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Well we all went down to the ballpark to see a good stiff scrimmage but the Cardinal varsity had a playoff team 14-0 at the end of the third inning. When they sent in the JV players it got worst. BC's JV were just awesome they scored 10 more runs before the game finished at 4 1/2 innings. It was interesting Kirk Vincent and Jeff Stringer pitched and also both had HRs. Bridge City has improved a great deal as the season has progressed. They have the hittingist team I have every seen in 3A ball at this point. They play 4A #2 ranked Nederland at 7 pm Friday night.

I was told they would play the winner of Kirbyville vs Palestine, can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Where is the BC Nederland game?

bccards
05-05-2005, 07:04 AM
in Bridge City

scrub c
05-05-2005, 07:41 AM
congratulations!

but remember one thing . . .

HISD

Johnnypaycheck
05-05-2005, 09:01 AM
HISD Sucks!

congrats, but no big accomplishment there...i am sure your team is really good! good luck against nederland!