PDA

View Full Version : noel devine

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 07:09 PM
i had a friend send me this file about this kid from florida who wants to commit to miami, he is only a sophmore this past season, but he is amazing, watch this video.....

the link (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Noel%20Devine%20Hurricane%20Remix%20Lo wRes)

panther power
05-04-2005, 07:12 PM
couldnt open the link...

sahen
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
it takes a while to load....but wow....great speed and balance....

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
there i fixed it

panther power
05-04-2005, 07:19 PM
aggiejohn, did you see the latest b-ball recruits Billy is getting?

panther power
05-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Aggie hoops signee Eddie Smith has been named the national JUCO player of the year (Div 1) by the NJCAA Mens Basketball Coaches Association. We got a good one here Ags.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smith, a two-time All-Region 16 selection, led Moberly to a second-place finish at the national tournament this season and a runner-up finish in the district tournament in 2003-2004. Over 36 games this season he averaged 17.3 points (624 total points), 5.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game. His two year totals are 69 games, 15.7 points (1086 points), 6.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game. Smith, who has signed with Texas A & M, is a two time All-America selection, receiving honorable mention honors in 2003-2004 and first-team honors this year.

Said head coach Mark Bernsen, "In his two years at MACC, Eddie led the Greyhounds to a 58 - 12 record. Eddie is one of only a few players that I've ever coached that can change the game at both ends of the floor."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK:www.NJCAA.org

shellman54
05-04-2005, 08:10 PM
and the kid is a sophmore?

panther power
05-04-2005, 08:12 PM
that's what it says......crazy huh?

Bulldog_12
05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
That kid is PHENOMENAL! I just read where he has posted a 4.4 forty time. Thats crazy for a sophomore. I cant wait to see him when he's a senior.

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 08:46 PM
i like the opening where it said why didn't the #1 player sign with miami, because he didn't want to be a back up his senior year

sinton66
05-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i had a friend send me this file about this kid from florida who wants to commit to miami, he is only a sophmore this past season, but he is amazing, watch this video.....

the link (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Noel%20Devine%20Hurricane%20Remix%20Lo wRes)

sig is too tall John.

panther power
05-04-2005, 09:15 PM
http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/56/0/

panther power
05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
By Bruce Feldman
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

The kid's name is Noel Devine, and up 'til about two weeks ago, he was a little-known prep tailback from southwest Florida. Sure, the people around the town of Fort Myers knew of him. After all, Devine had built up quite a rep running wild in Pop Warner ball for the Cape Coral Junior Dolphins smashing touchdown records, evoking comparisons to Fort Myers' original game-breaker, Deion Sanders.

Last fall, the 5-foot-7, 170-pound freshman also had quite a varsity debut for North Fort Myers High, rushing for 1,092 yards (over 9 yards per carry). However, five months after the season ended, Devine's rep has really taken off.

Why? An eye-popping six-minute highlight package of Devine's best runs surfaced on the web a few weeks ago, and his moves -- particularly on an 80-yard catch-and-run where he broke 10 tackles thanks in part to a trio of 360-spins -- had fans posting links to the video on college sites all across the country.

The reactions were pretty similar: "Unreal ? He's another Barry Sanders ? WOW!! ? Hope our coaches have seen this."

Ah, the wonders of the web. Last time we saw this kind of grass roots Internet buzz was when the X-rated Paris Hilton video made the rounds. Devine's video was courtesy of Tampa-based Sunshine Preps, an independent recruiting service run by 29-year-old Derek Williams, a finance consultant who created the free site to help Florida kids get noticed. Mission accomplished.

Less than two weeks after Williams posted a "Hey, check this out" link on a local bulletin board to Devine's highlight reel, his site was getting hammered. "I think we had 20,000 hits one day and my website lady called and said she had to take the video down because it crashed the site," says Williams.

For the skeptics out there, Devine's performance did come against solid competition. (North Fort Myers is not only Sanders' alma mater, but Jevon Kearse's as well.) As the video shows Devine has outstanding balance, quickness and speed (he's a 10.7 100-meter man already). His coach James Iandoli, who also coached one-time Florida phenom Willie Green at Kissimmee Osceola, reports that Devine even benches 330 pounds. Iandoli says the thing that really catches his eye though is how Devine runs with such a forward lean and cuts "downhill." Still, the coach admits he's leery about his young back's sudden celebrity. "People have been calling him 'The Next Deion' for awhile," he says. "He's a good kid. I just hope he can manage it all

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
yeah i checked his stats onrivals and wasn't too impressed his video was just awesome