PDA

View Full Version : Spring Practice

mwynn05
05-04-2005, 05:57 PM
4A and 5A schools can have spring parctice, is there a reason 3a and others cant or is that just the way it is?

Rockdale Tiger
05-04-2005, 06:00 PM
You can in 3a you just can't wear pads...

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 06:02 PM
because the UIL thinks that 3a football is pansy

mwynn05
05-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Rockdale Tiger
You can in 3a you just can't wear pads... I know that...and I knew you would say that. You cant wear pads or practice after school so I wouldn't exactly call it practice, more like a workout.

lobo12
05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
im not sure why that is, but if im not mistaken 3a schools and below start two a days before the 4 and 5a schools do

panther power
05-04-2005, 07:22 PM
give a little , get a little...

How things looking in Lobo land?

mwynn05
05-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
im not sure why that is, but if im not mistaken 3a schools and below start two a days before the 4 and 5a schools do well 4 and 5a schools can start at the same time as 3a if they dont practice in the spring, and it's only one week.

sahen
05-04-2005, 07:26 PM
could be because the UIL knows that some coaches are tyrant like and make their football kids only play football....if they allowed 3a to have spring practice then some kids that play baseball or track might be taken away where as at 5a and 4a schools most times they have just baseball or just track athletes....the exception being the exceptioinal athletes who the coaches will make an exception for because they dont want to loose them....

mwynn05
05-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by sahen
could be because the UIL knows that some coaches are tyrant like and make their football kids only play football....if they allowed 3a to have spring practice then some kids that play baseball or track might be taken away where as at 5a and 4a schools most times they have just baseball or just track athletes....the exception being the exceptioinal athletes who the coaches will make an exception for because they dont want to loose them.... Good post and good reaosning, I have thought of it a lil bit before but not so extensivly sounds right. I hate to say it but I could DEFFINATLY see that happening in my high school but no one played baseball at all any way until the past couple of years.