PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the 3A's that went 4A

Matthew328
02-04-2004, 02:10 PM
FW Carter-Riverside and FW Diamond Hill; same ole story here..they'll struggle in their new digs...big time..

Lake Dallas, the UIl did the Falcons no favors here throwing them in a district with McKinney High down from a tough 5A district, McKinney North and up and comer and Lewisville Hebron..although having 2 new schools, Keller Central and Frisco Centennial may help the Falcons some...

Forney, in my opinion one of the bigger realignment losers, not only did the Jackrabbits get Highland Park, but 2 other strong programs in Wylie and Terrell..throw in a KILLER non-district slate and Forney could staring 4-6 right in the face..

Everman, the Bulldogs didn't get too bad of a deal only Waxahachie scares me in 15-4A, with most of their top players back Everman has a chance to be pretty good next year...but like Forney Everman schedule a TOUGH non-district slate..

Paris N Lamar, woe is PNL, can anyone say 0-10? That district is loaded...

Elgin, Elgin also didn't get too bad of a deal, 26-4A doesn't appear to be too tough...Pflugerville Connally is strong but with a few bounces Elgin could be a 4A playoff squad..

Burnet, the Bulldogs also didn't get too bad of a deal...get the rivalry back with Marble Falls, can anyone say Burnet 27-4A champs?

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2004, 02:24 PM
next year will be an interesting season for the Jackrabbits indeed. There will be a lot of questions at a lot of positions...something that we haven't dealt with in recent years. However, Coach Rush and the staff are excellent, and I believe that they'll be able to field another competitive team. Kudos to the staff for not being afraid to schedule brutal opponents in pre-district. I think that shows confidence on their part to say that even though we're moving up, our team will not be intimidated by anybody. We may not win the district, but I really think we can pull off a couple of surprises here and there and make the playoffs.

Ray_BearKat
02-04-2004, 02:31 PM
After going (0-10) last season I don't know how much of a rivalry Marble Falls will be for Burnet...but I think the New Braunfels schools could be a road block in Burnet's quest for the district championship.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 03:22 PM
I know that starting this fall, I'll be following more 4A ball than I normally do. I think some of these former 3A's will be pretty good come playoffs.
Look at Southlake Carroll and Smithson Valley for two good blueprints on moving up.

olddawggreen
02-04-2004, 03:49 PM
With the exception of the two New Braunfels schools, all the rest of the 4A District 27 schools, Austin Lake Travis, Dripping Springs and Marble Falls, have been past opponents of Burnet. I think Burnet should do well in this new district. There is talk that our first scrimage will be against 5A Westlake. Sounds like a good way to bloody our nose early and a great way to prepare for district. Stiff pre season competition has definatly been good for Burnet in the past. I also note that with Burnet's 947 students, they will be Division II in the playoffs. I am excited about the upcoming season, it should be exciting and a lot of fun!

lotus67
02-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I agree olddawg,should be an exciting season

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
I too agree olddawggreen. Now a scrimmage with Westlake would be a huge test and could further motivate some of the young players.
I'll be following your Bulldogs throughtout this next year. I think they'll be fine. Yall have some talent coming up and it will show.

Old Dog
02-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Next year for Burnet will be quite an adventure. I don't recall us ever being a part of a district that extended so far south. By all standards, Burnet could get it's nose bloodied some next year, but they'll be "in it" so to speak. I was really hoping for a complete reunion to include Lampasas, but it was not to be. Hard to say it, but I feel the Badgers got ripped!

Personally, I still hope to be around listening and sometimes commenting on this site. Most of the users of this thread all really classy, nice folks with nothing other than their communities and schools best interests at heart. "Just good folks"! Thanks for letting me be a part of 3A Down Low!